Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is also an option to convert travel funds to Rapid Rewards Points, but I don't really use that program so I'm not sure whether it is a good deal. But I think allowing passengers to use their travel funds for up to an additional two-and-a-half-years is kind of above and beyond, and I'm feeling the warm fuzzies for Southwest right now.
Since points and dollars are pegged together at a certain rate, it might be worth it. Credit is as good as cash, can’t go wrong either way.

I’m just glad they’ve extended my A-List through 12/2021. They we’re the last to announce, but it was worth the wait!

Hope DLR is the same way

Reactions: EmJ
I don’t know what to do. Our passes expire June 27, so if they are planning on opening June 1, we’d get an extension to roughly mid September? We were planning on just extending, but that was based on Disneyland opening later than June 1. Quite frankly even if they are open this summer, I don’t know if I feel comfortable going. So maybe we should get the refund. We have a trip planned for Labor Day weekend.

Is there a deadline to ask for the refund? Apologies if that’s been answered.
I haven't seen anything yet about a deadline, though my friend called last week and was told, "If people don't get back to them within a certain, the decision will be made for them." Of course, my response was, "Well, it'd be nice if they shared what that period is then, since there were no actual deadline listed in the announcement or letter,"

I'm in the same boat as you. Our passes expire mid-July (of course just missed getting my mid-March payment refunded.) I first planned to get the refund, then decided to extend as I felt a June 1 opening was unlikely. I'm still leaning in that direction, I think. I always thought fall was more realistic based on factors like UCLA and LAUSD having already decided to be remote through summer. I'll admit the President's multi-phase reopening plan announcement today does give me pause, however.

I haven't seen anything yet about a deadline, though my friend called last week and was told, "If people don't get back to them within a certain, the decision will be made for them." Of course, my response was, "Well, it'd be nice if they shared what that period is then, since there were no actual deadline listed in the announcement or letter,"

I'm in the same boat as you. Our passes expire mid-July (of course just missed getting my mid-March payment refunded.) I first planned to get the refund, then decided to extend as I felt a June 1 opening was unlikely. I'm still leaning in that direction, I think. I always thought fall was more realistic based on factors like UCLA and LAUSD having already decided to be remote through summer. I'll admit the President's multi-phase reopening plan announcement today does give me pause, however.

regarding your friend and the response they received about the decision being made for them-it’s difficult for some of us to make a decision regarding a refund vs. an extension without an opening date.....

The CM should have been able to tell you how many payments you have left. They were able to tell me. You may have made your last payment though depending on if you renewed your pass a certain amount of time before your annual expiration date or started making payments on a new pass before redeeming it.
Weird. She said she couldn’t. It was a new pass.

It's not awful, but I miss the old version of the program sometimes. Don't hate the new version, though. It has its pros and cons. The benefit to conversion is that Rapid Rewards points do not expire. They used to expire after 24 months of no activity, but they ditched this October 2019.

I would still stick with travel vouchers if it were me just because I know I'd use it within that very generous time. Points come with their own challenges that I would research before making that decision if one does not normally accrue SWA points for use.

I LUV (lol) them for sure, though. This should help many make some tough decisions especially when it comes to Disney vacation travel.

Oh! Figured out the con in converting to RR points.

Pro - theoretically indefinite expiration date
Con - You earn RR miles when you fly having paid cash or via voucher, you do not earn RR miles when redeeming them

minor point for us north/south travelers, but it could be substantial for long-haul flyers

Registration for the 2020 CHOC Walk has been postponed:

From @CHOCWalk:
While we have been flooded with an outpouring of support during this time of uncertainty, we wanted to give an update. At this time, we have chosen to postpone CHOC Walk registration. While we know many of you were looking forward to reserving your spot and starting ... #chocwalk

Have sent a DM on twitter to see if there are any alternatives to arrange online.
I may look into Skype calls, have never needed to do it before since majority of companies prefer contact via email nowadays.

I'm actually not sure whether this deserves a :( or a :)!

(I've been during grad nights... it didn't ruin anything for us but I wouldn't purposely book a grad night trip again).

Still hopeful for late June... uuuugh.

My AP (paid in full since i am out of state) would normally expire in early October. I usually take a one-day trip with just my husband to purchase our annual Disneyland Christmas ornament so I'll just "do nothing" and it'll be extended.

Registration for the 2020 CHOC Walk has been postponed:

From @CHOCWalk:
While we have been flooded with an outpouring of support during this time of uncertainty, we wanted to give an update. At this time, we have chosen to postpone CHOC Walk registration. While we know many of you were looking forward to reserving your spot and starting ... #chocwalk
I cannot imagine that proceeding. For goodness sakes that photo alone is giving me anxiety. I hope they are able to do some sort of replacement fundraising drive.

[In response to something posted from a banned website]

NO. Plans are not “in place” for Disneyland or WDW. These articles are ALL speculation. Please, nobody get confused that there are actual plans in place released to the public for Disney because there are not.

The Federal government simply outlined Phases states may follow at their discretion and steps they may take yesterday. Disney may or may not take participate in phased opening during that time. As the largest employer in both areas they will obviously be involved with discussions at the local and state level about how and when to reopen.

Last edited by a moderator:
regarding your friend and the response they received about the decision being made for them-it’s difficult for some of us to make a decision regarding a refund vs. an extension without an opening date.....
Yup, exactly. My decision might be different if Disney opens in June or July vs fall or winter. I was hoping to ride it out a little longer until closer to my pass expiration date to decide. But if they expect me to make a decision sooner, I'd sure like to know when they supposedly want my answer.

I ended up waiting on hold about 20ish minutes as well. Decided to do the extend out option. I only have 2 payments left and they won't be refunding my late March payment since I took the extend out option which is fine with me. I was actually ok with the original plan of continuing to pay while the parks are closed and have the date extended out since I signed a finance agreement with specific terms, but I know that doesn't work for everyone.

I'm in the same boat: Premier pass and a payment plan with Disneyland. This morning I called Disneyland AP Services to ask about the pass extension. CM transferred me to the Internet Help Desk, who then transferred me back to AP Services! At that point I just hung up. We called right at 8AM and were on hold for about 25 minutes total by that point. Plus, my feeling is that this situation isn't going away anytime soon so I feel no rush to get this squared away.

I'm in the same boat: Premier pass and a payment plan with Disneyland. This morning I called Disneyland AP Services to ask about the pass extension. CM transferred me to the Internet Help Desk, who then transferred me back to AP Services! At that point I just hung up. We called right at 8AM and were on hold for about 25 minutes total by that point. Plus, my feeling is that this situation isn't going away anytime soon so I feel no rush to get this squared away.
That’s annoying that you got bounced around. I think the CM that helped me was very familiar with the premier pass and the ability to have it partially on a payment plan so that may have helped me not get bounced around.

Yup, exactly. My decision might be different if Disney opens in June or July vs fall or winter. I was hoping to ride it out a little longer until closer to my pass expiration date to decide. But if they expect me to make a decision sooner, I'd sure like to know when they supposedly want my answer.

Yes! I'm in the same boat. Making a decision based on unknown information (when parks will open again) and not know when the decision has to be made by.

I’m leaning towards a refund if they open in June or July and an extension if it’s August or fall. I may call and see what they say. If I do, I’ll update!

Waited on hold over an hour just to say they will take down my info (I opted for prorated refund on my fully paid APs) but that I need to call back when the park opens to process it. Pretty much a waste of my time. At this point they should just allow full pro-rated refunds on APs that you can process online because the reopening date is uncertain. I'm personally not optimistic that the parks will reopen until late this year if even that.

Something helpful I’ve noticed during all this, it’s much easier to contact companies via Facebook than email or calling. (Not Disney but others..)

I was able to chat instantly with a rep through United Airlines on Facebook yesterday to get answers to my questions rather than having to call and wait on hold. They responded instantly. Might be useful to try for other airlines, etc.

Something helpful I’ve noticed during all this, it’s much easier to contact companies via Facebook than email or calling. (Not Disney but others..)

I was able to chat instantly with a rep through United Airlines on Facebook yesterday to get answers to my questions rather than having to call and wait on hold. They responded instantly. Might be useful to try for other airlines, etc.
How are United's policies right now? Are they being accommodating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter