Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney, unfortunately, will be furloughing some CMs:

The furloughs may actually not be terrible. The federal $600 boost alone equals roughly $15/hr based on a 40 hour week. It looks like for someone making ~$60k/year California would pay $450/wk. That means roughly $1,050/wk or $26.25/hr.

That is effectively about equal to $54,600 a year, and if Disney is making sure that health and insurance benefits stay in place, and covers the cost of those, for midrange earners they might not see much of a difference. So probably $55k to $60k and you almost recover your full earnings, going up from there the gap gets larger and larger.

If this hits lower end cast members (hourly park workers), I assume they’re not making more than $15 or $16/hr as is, which means CA payout and the federal boost would replace 100% (and more) of their income by equaling about $22.50/hr in unemployment pay.

It’s not great, but if Disney is very upfront and clear that jobs are not going anywhere but it’s a temporary measure, then employees might not feel too worried about being taken care of...

I'm sorry if this was answered elsewhere and I've missed it:

I have 4 unused three-day parkhoppers that I had originally intended to use in June. I purchased through UCT if that makes a difference.

The expiration date printed on them is January 2021.

Anyone know whether that date will be extended? If I end up having to cancel June, I am not sure when I can get the whole family together again at the same time.
See the post below for a recent answer. According to the current information on the DLR website, your tickets will expire 1/12/2021. Check the DLR website for updated info about tickets.

Your tickets are only valid until Jan 12, 2021. Yes, this is a change from what Disney posted last week (really not cool)...

I wonder what retroactive refund on APs mean. Does it mean that they will refund my credit card for the amount charged during the closure? I think I am stuck on the word "retroactive". If they just said refund for the amount paid during closure, I could understand.

EDIT: Upon reading the App, it looks like I can be refunded for my payment and if the park opens by my expiration, I will just pay for the open period and not be extended. They are offering an alternative where I can choose to keep making payments during closure and have my pass extended. At least that's how I am reading it.

Last edited:
We have a trip planned 6/3 and I will proceed with booking extras until we get some certainty on the duration of closure. I want to book breakfast at Plaza before park open on 6/3 - but Disney took down park hours. Anyone know historic open time for a Wednesday in early June?

thanks!

EDIT: Upon reading the App, it looks like I can be refunded for my payment and if the park opens by my expiration, I will just pay for the open period and not be extended. They are offering an alternative where I can choose to keep making payments during closure and have my pass extended. At least that's how I am reading it.

I just read that on the app too, but I am curious how we go about choosing the option to keep paying but extending our passes.

We have a trip planned 6/3 and I will proceed with booking extras until we get some certainty on the duration of closure. I want to book breakfast at Plaza before park open on 6/3 - but Disney took down park hours. Anyone know historic open time for a Wednesday in early June?

thanks!
From the sticky threads at the top of the first page: * DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here! >> from that sticky: HydroGuy Tips Compilation >> from that thread: "Historical DLR Park Hours, Entertainment and Refurbs" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291124

thanks!
8am historically. Disneyland goes full summer hours by Memorial. Who knows this year?

Next batch of dining reservations cancelling. Notices on 4/19 and 4/20. I’m over the sad part now and thinking of this more as data. Like, park is officially closed for sure when reservations start getting cancelled. Will be interesting to see how far out they cancel today. (Guessing they didn’t want to cancel until they notified the employees of the furloughs.)

Next batch of dining reservations cancelling. Notices on 4/19 and 4/20. I’m over the sad part now and thinking of this more as data. Like, park is officially closed for sure when reservations start getting cancelled. Will be interesting to see how far out they cancel today. (Guessing they didn’t want to cancel until they notified the employees of the furloughs.)
yes got my cancellation for the tangled tea for 4/19.

So it looks like they're giving AP passholders on the payment plan a choice:
- The default is that they will refund your Mar/Apr payment, suspend payments until the park reopens, then payments resume and your pass expires at the same date it always expired.
- Or, you can forgo the Mar/Apr refund, suspend your payments from Apr/May until it reopens, have your expiration date extended, and continue making payments until the new expiration date.

First: am I reading that right?
Second: has anyone figured out the pros/cons of the equation?

- The default is that they will refund your Mar/Apr payment, suspend payments until the park reopens, then payments resume and your pass expires at the same date it always expired.
- Or, you can forgo the Mar/Apr refund, suspend your payments from Apr/May until it reopens, have your expiration date extended, and continue making payments until the new expiration date.

I think that is correct. Gothic Rosie did a breakdown of each scenario.
I guess the pro if you suspend payments is that you don’t have to pay for your pass while it’s closed. You will eventually pay for it, when it’s extended.
The con to getting a partial refund for the closure period is your pass won’t get extended. We also don’t know when the park will open so if it opens right before your pass expires, and you got a refund, then it will expire with you having little or no time to go.
8D70069C-EDD0-437E-AAFC-2D931123AB65.png

Not quite right, here is how it breaks down:
  • Passes Paid In Full
    • Default: Passes will be extended according to closure time
    • Alternative Option: Expiration date remains the same and you can get a partial refund, based on the length of closure
  • Passes on Monthly Payments
    • All Passes: Mar payment refunded (if made after the 14) and payments placed on hold until the parks reopen, then payments resume as normal.
    • Default: Passes expire and payments stop according to your contract
      • Pros:
        • You get a lower overall price
      • Cons:
        • You don't get a full year
    • Alternative Option: Extend expiration date and current payments by length of closure
      • Pros:
        • You get the full year
      • Cons:
        • If the prices on annual passes go down (a real possibility if crowds die down as much as I think they might), you will be stuck paying the higher price for a while
          • Of course Disney might make some offer to offset this if this happens.
I am sure there are many other pros and cons as well, just ones I could think of off the top of my head.

Wow! So last week my 5-day park hoppers in-app said they were good through January __, 2022. Now they don't have an expiration day in the app but the original expiration day in my email was January 12, 2021.

If we don't end up going this year - do they still allow you to apply unused tickets to new tickets? (Things could always change, obviously, but was that how it used to be?)

I noticed today on FB that HoJo announced they will only be taking reservations for July 1st and beyond. That makes me nervous- this is a later cut off date than we’ve seen so far.

Ugh, it might be time to come to grips with the reality that our July trip might not happen and come up with backup plans...

So I just rebooked our April trip for Labor Day weekend. I haven’t read all the new posts, so forgive me if I’m repeating information! Here’s rhe discount:

Rooms at the GCH and DLH are 35% off with a $50 resort credit per night Sunday through Thursday. Rooms are 30% off Friday and Saturday with a $50 resort credit per night. We booked for Labor Day weekend, checking in Sunday checking out Tuesday. We got the DLH for $358.80 on Sunday and $302.25 on Monday. Still a lot of money but a great deal for Disneyland. The GCH was $475.15 for Sunday and Monday was $398.45. I’m kind of wondering if I goofed and should’ve done the grand, but it was over $1000 for two nights after taxes and fees, and I just didn’t want to spend that much. Hope this is helpful and I hope we can go!!!!

Without knowing when the park will open again or if the blackout days will change, its difficult to know the best option for a Deluxe AP that expires in mid-June.

I'm sorry if this was answered elsewhere and I've missed it:

I have 4 unused three-day parkhoppers that I had originally intended to use in June. I purchased through UCT if that makes a difference.

The expiration date printed on them is January 2021.

Anyone know whether that date will be extended? If I end up having to cancel June, I am not sure when I can get the whole family together again at the same time.

I'm wondering this too. I had planned to go in July and i'm confused about what happens if the park is still closed and i'm not able to use the two 3 day park hoppers I have by January 2021? I bought my tickets from Undercover Tourist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter