Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is dumb. The entire nation is totally overreacting to this.
Have you seen what is happening in Italy?
Maybe if you're young you'll do fine, but if your parents and grandparents have more than a 10% chance of dying if they get this, people should be taking it more seriously. It has already proven to be much more deadly than regular flu or cold, specifically in certain age groups.

We were set for the first week of May. Will be interesting to see how long the closure ends up lasting. I could see it going further into April if one of the reasons is because of the local government ruling for gathering of large crowds.

Even more intriguing will be if they are in fact open in early May how busy it will end up being. Will it be packed with those that are effected now by the closure or will people be driven away for a few months. Interesting times we are in...

I was due to arrive tomorrow for our weekend trip. Im going to cancel our reservations for our Flex Passes in case we get hit with a penalty.

Now for me to call the Residence Inn to try to get a refund on a stay I cant cancel.
Exactly. I was driving out tomorrow. Will Disney compensate me for a hotel I can't cancel due to passing the deadline? Nope! I wish they would have given more notice. I'm kinda pissed. I understand why they are doing it, but I am still upset. ☹️

Last edited:
I received emails from some hotel operators, I think hilton, saying how they will allow cancellations even for nonrefundable bookings up until a certain time. I would reach out to your hotels to see what they are willing to do. If not today, they might change policies any day to make exceptions if they think goodwill is worth more than the cancellation penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter