Super tacky or nbd???

MamaBear12

Mouseketeer
I'll preface this by saying, I hate to waste food! Also, I have two young kiddos who tend to graze all day as opposed to eating a big meal in one sitting. We have character breakfasts planned at crystal palace and garden grill. I know CP is a traditional buffet, so I wouldn't dream of doing it there, but at GG they bring out a platter of food just for your table, right? And if we have a Mickey waffle left over, for example, they'll just toss it, right? So if we don't end up asking for extras of anything and have a waffle left over, would it be a huge "no-no" for me to put it in a ziplock for my kiddos to munch on when they're hungry again (30 min later :P)? They may end up chowing down after 2+ hours of park excitement, and then this would be a moot point. But I'm curious about the etiquette/rules at a restaurant like GG just in case. Thanks!

I'll preface this by saying, I hate to waste food! Also, I have two young kiddos who tend to graze all day as opposed to eating a big meal in one sitting. We have character breakfasts planned at crystal palace and garden grill. I know CP is a traditional buffet, so I wouldn't dream of doing it there, but at GG they bring out a platter of food just for your table, right? And if we have a Mickey waffle left over, for example, they'll just toss it, right? So if we don't end up asking for extras of anything and have a waffle left over, would it be a huge "no-no" for me to put it in a ziplock for my kiddos to munch on when they're hungry again (30 min later :P)? They may end up chowing down after 2+ hours of park excitement, and then this would be a moot point. But I'm curious about the etiquette/rules at a restaurant like GG just in case. Thanks!

I don't have an answer for you, but I am curious about this as well. My DS has become a horribly slow eater since the onset of epilepsy and that frequently makes it easier to take his food 'on the road' once the rest of us are finished.

Typically aycte meals are for dining while there

If you ask for an extra serving to take w you, that would be frowned on

Packing a stray waffle? Go for it. I would have no issue with that

Heck my mom always swiped an extra cookie or two from cp :tongue: when she was still able to go.

Have a great time!

I always have small boxes or ziplockbags with me and take some of the pastries ore some fruit with me. I love buffets but there is no way I can eat only half the worth of what I pay so I think it is okay to take some snacks for the way. Enjoy you meals.

I always have small boxes or ziplockbags with me and take some of the pastries ore some fruit with me. I love buffets but there is no way I can eat only half the worth of what I pay so I think it is okay to take some snacks for the way. Enjoy you meals.
I don’t think that’s the same thing, and I don’t think that’s okay.

I don't have an answer for you, but I am curious about this as well. My DS has become a horribly slow eater since the onset of epilepsy and that frequently makes it easier to take his food 'on the road' once the rest of us are finished.

Funny, my DS who has had epilepsy for 20+ years now is a RIDICULOUSLY slow eater. He even drives his wife crazy with it. I guess since he’s had it so long, I never thought to connect the 2.

I've taken a banana to go from buffet previously as I'd literally ate bread,Orange & grapes.
It was not to my liking at all...
I think there's a difference between filling your boots whilst dining & then taking your next meal to go! As oppose to essentially bagging up your own leftovers.

And I know l shall look a fool for asking-but what is n b d ?!

Funny, my DS who has had epilepsy for 20+ years now is a RIDICULOUSLY slow eater. He even drives his wife crazy with it. I guess since he’s had it so long, I never thought to connect the 2.

DS is 17 and only developed epilepsy a little over 3 years ago. Since then I have seen a pronounced slowing in his eating, he had always been the first one done before and now a quick meal can last for an hour or more.

DS started when he was 6 and he's 27 now. It was beyond scary when it started but he has been well controlled for a very long time now. And did you see we have the same countdown picture and are arriving a week apart! I also had a very close friend in college from Slippery Rock!!

Its not ok. You are paying for what you can eat while you are there. I think most people don't eat enough to justify the cost. Your excuse is just that, an excuse. At no buffet is packing up food for later acceptable.

DS started when he was 6 and he's 27 now. It was beyond scary when it started but he has been well controlled for a very long time now. And did you see we have the same countdown picture and are arriving a week apart! I also had a very close friend in college from Slippery Rock!!

Amazing, all the coincidences, I am also amazed that you are familiar with Slippery Rock! I'm glad to hear that it's well controlled for your DS. It's still in the scary stage for me, mostly because it hasn't gotten under control yet. This coming trip will be our first major trip since it started, so I am extra anxious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter