• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SUPER last minute tickets

lulubell.f

Miss Laura Forster
Hello friends!

Has anyone ever purchased walked up to park gates, purchased tickets and walked right in before? My last Universal trip, we did a "free" Disney day of going around to resorts, Disney Springs and eating Cali Grill so we could watch the fireworks for free. We were right there and I kept saying to myself "What if I just walked up and bought tickets?" even though it was like 5:30 pm and it got me thinking, has anyone else ever done this? Does anyone know if it's like disgustingly expensive to do so?

Thanks

Hello friends!

Has anyone ever purchased walked up to park gates, purchased tickets and walked right in before? My last Universal trip, we did a "free" Disney day of going around to resorts, Disney Springs and eating Cali Grill so we could watch the fireworks for free. We were right there and I kept saying to myself "What if I just walked up and bought tickets?" even though it was like 5:30 pm and it got me thinking, has anyone else ever done this? Does anyone know if it's like disgustingly expensive to do so?

Thanks

it’s not any more expensive than buying a one day pass that you use for the whole day. They don’t charge extra because you come late. However paying more than $100 when arriving after 5:00 is something that many people would not do. Perhaps you could plan a visit for a day when there’s an after hours event at Magic Kingdom. Those tickets are $129, but come with an extra benefits.

I don't know if they still have them but for awhile they were offering a ticket that only worked later in the day at a small discount, even.

I don't know if they still have them but for awhile they were offering a ticket that only worked later in the day at a small discount, even.

Disney did run a promotion with tickets that were only good after noon, but those were not one day tickets. If you’re a Florida resident you can purchase an annual pass that works at Epcot only after 4 PM. Some conferences offer tickets that are only good in the evening. But for an average guest a one day ticket price will be charged even if they don’t head into the parks until 5 PM.

Yeah I've walked up to the gates at MK and bought a ticket there for that day without a problem

At Epcot, I once watched someone buy a same-day ticket about 2 hours before park close.

Perhaps they were meeting someone for dinner. You never know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter