• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Super Easy Sun Dress!!

snowball22

<font color=teal>Lovin' Disney<br><font color=red>
JoAnn fabrics have a fabric called "sundress" fabric. It is already cinched at the top. You purchase the material by the inch and buy the fabric two inches longer then the measurement of the bust area. Then all you have to do is sew the side seam and hem the bottom then you are done. No pattern is involved. I did this with my 15 year old and she loved it. Since she never had home ec in school so this was the perfect opportunity to teach her about the sewing machine and how to make something in a jiffy.

JoAnn fabrics have a fabric called "sundress" fabric. It is already cinched at the top. You purchase the material by the inch and buy the fabric two inches longer then the measurement of the bust area. Then all you have to do is sew the side seam and hem the bottom then you are done. No pattern is involved. I did this with my 15 year old and she loved it. Since she never had home ec in school so this was the perfect opportunity to teach her about the sewing machine and how to make something in a jiffy.

I'd love to see a picture of the dress. It sounds very cute and easy to make.

lettie

Wow I though about making matching ones for my DstepD11 and DD 2 1/2 and I didn't think about actually having the 11yo help me. See that what this board is all about. She can now not only be thrilled that her and her sister having matching dresses (weird I know you'd think not cool for 11 yo but she is all into it) she can even say that she made them.

Walmart has the fabric at $13/yrd. Just FYI...I was looking at it today. I might make one for lounging around this summer...They had a really pretty purple one. Also cute ones for the little girls, which could be used as a top for a teen...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter