• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Super Bowl Sunday

Travisty

Earning My Ears
So our trip we have planned happens to be during Super Bowl. Does anyone know any good places to watch the game?

ESPN zone? I've pretty much planned on streaming it on my phone and watching while waiting in line for rides lol.

I watched the Orange Bowl at the the bar at The Wave in the Contemporary. It was a comfortable place and the bartenders were very nice. We were able to order off the regular menu after asking the manager (they had a bar menu only because it was busy). There is one TV on either side of the bar.

At Coronado Springs they just finished the remodel of the Rix lounge and turned it into a sports bar.

ESPN was my first guess but they have a $100 minimum per person so no to that. I will have to just find a bar I guess. Thanks for the info.

All of the resort bars/lounges will be showing the game.. Make sure to look at your resort guide when you arrive, there may also be special offerings offered at the individual resorts..

ESPN zone? I've pretty much planned on streaming it on my phone and watching while waiting in line for rides lol.
No no no no no. They charge a $100 minimum order and the place is still packed the the gills. The service is brutal and the food takes forever. Never, never, never again.

If you really want to watch the game with people, go to one of the luxury hotel bars.

When we stayed at the Caribbean Beach several years ago they had a big screen TV outside
showing the game in addition to showing it inside in the food area.

I read on another thread that Splitsville in DS is an option. Pretty sure there are tvs at the lounge at RFC in DS. Any resort with an inside bar/ lounge that has tvs will have it on. I know Crew's Cup and Martha's Vineyard in YC/BC have tv ( watched ESPN at both before ADRs at YSH) as do the bars ( inside and outside ) at POFQ & POR .

Well now that I know who is playing, I wont be to hurt if I cant find a place to watch the game. Will probably walk around the park and if we find somewhere to watch it cool, If not ill be ok watching on my phone.

ESPN was my first guess but they have a $100 minimum per person so no to that. I will have to just find a bar I guess. Thanks for the info.

Is that $100 minimum for any time or just during Super Bowl? DH and I will be down next September and figured we’d catch a game there! Have an app and a few beers, but I don’t think we’d spend $100.

Well now that I know who is playing, I wont be to hurt if I cant find a place to watch the game. Will probably walk around the park and if we find somewhere to watch it cool, If not ill be ok watching on my phone.
You won’t find a TV in any of the parks. Streaming is your only option

We plan on watching it from our hotel bar, or in our room. ESPN sounds like a nightmare. Especially for that kind of money. Plus, who wants to be crammed in a small space with tons of people during cold and flu season ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter