Super Bowl Dinner and Game Watching Ideas

henrylovespooh

DIS Veteran
We will be at WDW over Super Bowl weekend. I'm trying to think of an idea for my husband and son to watch the game on Sunday. My daughter and I will go to MK for the night.

One thought is we could all have dinner at 5:00 p.m. at a restaurant in our hotel (the Contemporary) and then the guys can watch the game in our room.

Second option is they go to the ESPN Zone. I'm not sure if it's hard to get into - anyone ever gone there for the Super Bowl who can say if it's worth going there?

My son and husband both love steaks, so another option I thought of was Shula's Steakhouse for an early dinner, but I'm not sure they'll let my son sit in the lounge to watch the game afterward (he's 13), or if it will be impossible to get seats in there.

Anyone have any other ideas for a good place to watch the Super Bowl at WDW? We will not have a car, but they can taxi if need be.

Thanks!

We are always there at that time of year we stay at POR and watch the game at the resort lounge along with many fans we have always had a great time.:banana:

Splitsville in DTD is a fun place to watch football games. They have inside and outside lounges and if the game gets boring they can always try to bowl or play some pool.

We were there the year the Saints were in the Super Bowl. ESPNZone was packed with Saints fans - I think there was a large contingent there, hoping they would win and get to see the MVP in the parade (and they did). My dad and I sat outside where they had a large screen and outdoor heaters. It wasn't super comfortable seating but it was fun!

ESPN Club is packed on Sundays, so I'd imagine it would be just as bad or worse for the Super Bowl. I'm a casual football fan, but never miss the Super Bowl regardless of who is playing. However, ESPN Club would definitely be the most fun atmosphere to watch the game in.

On Sundays, ESPN Club offers VIP seating. I'd suspect they'd offer it during the Super Bowl as well. You make reservations for it and they reserve a prime table for you facing the main screen. There is a $55 food & beverage minimum per person. If you don't meet the minimum after your food and drinks, they just upcharge you the difference. So for $110, they can have dinner and reserved seating for the game with the best seats in the house. They can show up minutes before kick-off, rather than hours before just to hold a table.

Only caveats are that you'd need to confirm they are offering it and call sooner rather than later to reserve. And you and your daughter would need to do dinner on your own.

FYI- We are there same time-I called weeks ago to get VIP seating at ESPN for 1 person- and nothing was available that night.

FYI- We are there same time-I called weeks ago to get VIP seating at ESPN for 1 person- and nothing was available that night.

Wow! Surprised to hear it booked up so early! The VIP section was half empty when we did it last November, of course that was a regular week but still!

I had found loads of places for TS that nite. I think MK will be fun that night.
No reason to think my team has a snowball chance in Key West in being in it this year. :scratchin

I am doing Crystal Palace.

I had found loads of places for TS that nite. I think MK will be fun that night.
No reason to think my team has a snowball chance in Key West in being in it this year. :scratchin

I am doing Crystal Palace.

Any TS restaurant should be fine availability-wise, but there's only a few places who will have the game on a TV. Most TS locations (without a lounge) don't have TVs.

I really , really started despising the half time shows. (I said shows, for lack of a better word)

I wont watch it-I bet even the DTD theaters have good movies, that is another idea! Maybe I will do that.......:goodvibes

My husband and sons are huge football fans. I enjoy a fun atmosphere and decent food options. Some of the places we enjoy most ...ESPN Cafe and the bowling alley at DTD! The most fun we ever had was the lounge at POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter