Super Bowl 2021

meredith55

Earning My Ears
Disneyland vet here. We’re planning our first trip to Disney World for early February 2021. He super bowl is in Tampa that year. How does the Super Bowl being local affect the parks? We will most likely be traveling home the day before, but I’m wondering if the week leading up is crazy busy?

The only thing the Super Bowl will affect is the day after parade, if it's at Disney World. Typically the day or two after the MVP's of the Super Bowl have a parade through Magic Kingdom. Other than that, the event itself shouldn't affect crowds, even if it's being held in Florida. Tampa is far enough away that traffic shouldn't be an issue, and I don't think the actual WDW crowd will be any more, or less, as a result of it.

I wondered that as well for this year, as the 2020 Superbowl in in Miami. We are going the week between the probowl (which is in Orlando) and the Superbowl.

Miami is hardly local. Tampa's about an hour away, so the only impact might be those who didn't jump on Tampa hotel rooms fast enough? which might affect those staying offsite in Orlando, I don't know.

I guess some travelers for the superbowl might add in some time at WDW, but that isn't going to make it any more "crazy busy" than usual.

I’ve gone the week between the pro bowl and Super Bowl each of the past three years. I’m over the “will it be crowded because????” It doesn’t make a difference at all. Even when the prow bowl was moved to Orlando. Disney is so big that a few more thousand people won’t make a difference. Heck it poured on the day of the pro bowl this year. That was a fantastic day in MK.

As noted previously, typically the Monday after the Super Bowl there will be an afternoon parade for the MVP at MK. Two years ago we got to see Nick Foles and the insufferable Eagles fans. From what I understand, last year Tom Brady and Julian Edelman we’re in the parks on Monday and Brady posted a pic of them on Slinky Dog.

I seriously would not change my plans because of those games in the future. I never saw any noticeable impact.

I'd think if there were going to higher crowd levels it would be after the Super Bowl. I'd think people coming in for the Super Bowl would do local Tampa stuff before and Disney after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter