• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Super affordable hotel help

brookies_mommy

<font color=deeppink>I'm good on the basics<br><fo
Hello
Im trying to take my daughter on a nice trip. I'm looking for a super affordable hotel close to the park. We're going on what I image to be a busy time and just need a place to sleep and shower. Any suggestions?

* DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here! -- From the sticky threads at the top of the first page
From that sticky:
HydroGuy Tips Compilation -- SO many good threads here!
From that thread:
"HydroGuy's Hotel Rule" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199862
"Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You" www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/ -- ask any hotel questions here!

"Super affordable" means different things to different people. What is your budget per night and when will you be visiting? Have you looked at the Motel 6 Maingate? The Super 8 on Disneyland Dr.? (Hotels walking distance to M&F/PP can have lower rates.) The hotels just south of the Toy Story lot? (You can walk to the TS lot to use the free shuttles.) Have you looked in Garden Grove? Rates go down once you leave the "Anaheim Resort" area and some of the hotels on Harbor in GG are only one mile south of the parks. If you are fine with using ride share to get to the parks (and factor that into the budget), hotels in Buena Park can have lower rates, too. Have you looked at Priceline and Hotwire?

* DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here! -- From the sticky threads at the top of the first page
From that sticky:
HydroGuy Tips Compilation -- SO many good threads here!
From that thread:
"HydroGuy's Hotel Rule" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199862
"Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You" www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/ -- ask any hotel questions here!

"Super affordable" means different things to different people. What is your budget per night and when will you be visiting? Have you looked at the Motel 6 Maingate? The Super 8 on Disneyland Dr.? (Hotels walking distance to M&F/PP can have lower rates.) The hotels just south of the Toy Story lot? (You can walk to the TS lot to use the free shuttles.) Have you looked in Garden Grove? Rates go down once you leave the "Anaheim Resort" area and some of the hotels on Harbor in GG are only one mile south of the parks. If you are fine with using ride share to get to the parks (and factor that into the budget), hotels in Buena Park can have lower rates, too. Have you looked at Priceline and Hotwire?
Some hotels further away have shuttles. And there is public transit bus service if one is price conscious. We stayed in Buena Park, and our hotel had two (in each direction) free daily shuttles to Disneyland. My wife also stayed in late and joined up in the afternoon by taking an LA Metro bus.

My budget is approx $120 per night, thats about as low as you can get in Anaheim but still be within 20 minute walk / 10 minute shuttle / drive to the parks.

My go to has always been Motel 6 Maingate, but they are doing refurbs this year, so I switched to Kings Inn near the Katella Avenue / Harbour Boulevard crosswalk. Thats as far from from the park entrance I will go.

I don't drive and use ART shuttle. https://rideart.org/fares-and-passes/ A 5 day ART ticket costs $25. This gives unlimited amount of rides during that 5 consecutive day period. A one way fare is $4

There are normally a few airbnb's with about 20 minutes walk . You can get these for under 100 depending on how soon you plan on going.

There are normally a few airbnb's with about 20 minutes walk . You can get these for under 100 depending on how soon you plan on going.

Just be careful when advising about AirBnB, they are heavily restricted in Anaheim and many operate illegally. I have seen trip reports where people were told to tell the neighbours they were family of the owners. Personally I wouldnt risk it.

Kings inn Anaheim seems to be the cheapest every time I look. I stayed there last year and will stay this year again !

I have booked there for June 2020. Is there a particular room or area of the hotel I should request?

.....chances are the Motel 6 refurb is on the doors, windows....the interiors are still in great shape and designed to be the cleanest hotels in the area with no hiding spots under furniture, all bedding is washed, no comforters or bed decor. I speculate doors because they have lost their rubber bottoms and now have major insect crawl space under the door.. It is a very quiet environment, ....1) cost, 2) clean living area &3) very quiet environment 4) within walking distance for a healthy person.

.....chances are the Motel 6 refurb is on the doors, windows....the interiors are still in great shape and designed to be the cleanest hotels in the area with no hiding spots under furniture, all bedding is washed, no comforters or bed decor. I speculate doors because they have lost their rubber bottoms and now have major insect crawl space under the door.. It is a very quiet environment, ....1) cost, 2) clean living area &3) very quiet environment 4) within walking distance for a healthy person.

When I checked a few days ago, Motel 6 Maingate had a note on the web page saying the pool will be closed January to June 2020.

The only problem I've ever had with Motel 6 rooms has been their pet policy. Once I was given a room and I could tell that a dog had likely peed somewhere and they hadn't deodorized it. I suspect that in Anaheim there might not be the issue of drug deals, people arguing, and other assorted vices that seem to be associated with the brand.

Our options are limited because we are a family of 6, but we have found the Del Sol to be budget friendly and it is really close to the crosswalk on Harbor. However, this time we will be stay at the Desert Inn and Suites because they were actually less expensive than the Del Sol.

I second Alamo inn and Suites. Room was clean and bed was decently comfy. Walking to the park took about 14 min, so not bad at all.

Check hotwire. They have some good deals on Anaheim hotels throughout the year. We were able to book the Hilton for $73 per night in April. Haven't stayed there before but I imagine it is decent. Keep checking their site for the dates you want and something might pop up on sale.

Definitely do some research on any hotel that seems like it offers a low rate; while there are some nice cheap places, some of the cheaper places can be, for me, a bit seedy.

Also remember that no matter how low the rate, the tax rate in the resort area will be quite high and can easily add another $100+ to your rate.

I like candy cane inn. I've got a trip planned for April and it cost me $136 a night, it comes free oarking, free breakfast , is walkable to the park and has a free shuttle. I mostly walk but will use the shuttle mix day if it's really hot.

I booked directly with Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites for June 30 to July 4 and paid only $178/night total! For a hotel across the street from the harbor entrance that is a steal 😁. Everyone else was close to $300/night after taxes and fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter