Sunshine, food and fun...a perfect March Break adventure! A March '22 trip report! Back from PEI 08/09

Tardy to the party! But made it to page 2 :) Hi, Susan!
Thanks for joining in, Jackie!
I had to google to learn that Belgian Moon is exactly the same as Blue Moon here in the US, but with a different name! Still brewed by MolsonCoors who makes Miller Lite, so sounds good to me! LOL
I didn't even realize it had a different name in the states, lol!
Souds like you had a lovely start to your trip at Disney Springs. That walkway over from SSR is so great. My Mom and I stayed across the street when it was Buena Vista Palace, and we ran across the street to SSR to use their buses and said walkway to Disney Springs. We had booked a last minute trip and couldn't find ANYTHING on property, so ended up offsite. We were desperate to feel like we were in the bubble!
It was really a great day. We were so happy to be in the sunshine and not see any snow! I totally understand how you felt about wanting to be in the bubble. I only stayed offsite once at the B resort and would walk to Disney Springs to take a bus to a MK area resort and start my day from there. It's just not Disney to me unless I am on property.

An unexpected adventure

Leaving Disney Springs, we headed over the bridge to Saratoga. I was so excited to see our room. Originally I had hoped for the Congress Park section but we were given a room in the Springs. We ended up really liking our room location as we were within a 5 minute walk of Artist's Palette, the bus stop and the High Rock Springs pool. The only challenge was that it was the last bus picked up before the parks. Luckily that didn't impact us at all and we actually had really good bus luck on our way to the parks. Not only was our room ready early, it was spotlessly clean AND had a beautiful water view. We were very happy!
IMG_0168.jpeg

IMG_0169.jpeg

IMG_0170.jpeg

We decided to chill in the room for a bit and get settled. I called Bell Services to have our things brought up and had a very nice chat with the CM who came with our suitcases. He was actually quite frank with his assessment on the current state of affairs at Disney and we chatted for about 15 minutes, sharing our opinions on how we hoped Disney would move forward. I really enjoyed our chat but at the same time was a little shocked a CM would be so up front with a guest. Different times!

Our plan was to head to Disney Springs for a progressive dinner. We had hoped to start off at Jock Lindsay's and then go to Polite Pig and Amorette's. Arriving at Jock Lindsay's, we were told the wait for a table would be at least an hour and a half! Yikes! That did not fit in with our plans at all. So we decided to stroll around and see what would strike our fancy. Well Disney Springs was packed and we were beginning to feel discouraged. Bill suggested just heading back to Saratoga and grabbing something there which I really didn't want to do. We happened to be outside Frontera Concina and Bill said why don't we see if they possibly have a table. Imagine our delight when they had one table out on the patio! Yay! I couldn't believe how lucky we were. :)

We started with the most delicious Smoky Pineapple margaritas. (Ginger pineapple juice, Ilegal espadín mezcal, Ancho Reyes chile liqueur, black ant salt rim).

IMG_0172.jpeg

We had a fabulous server who let us take our time with the menu. We decided to order a starter first and went with the guacamole (Roasted poblanos, roasted tomatillo, toasted pepitas, cilantro and onions (contains seeds). We devoured this and our server was happy to bring us more fresh tortilla chips. It was served with two salsas, a verde and a chipotle. Both were delicious!

IMG_0171.jpeg

We decided to split an entree and went for the Oaxacan Red Mole Chicken (Crispy half chicken, Oaxacan red mole, plantain rice, warm corn tortillas (contains gluten, seeds). This was a massive portion and oh so good!

1648859609992.png

We were in food heaven! We had the sweetest server as well and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We will definitely be back!

We walked over to Amorette's to grab dessert to being back to the room. It was so nice to hear the live music and see people out enjoying themselves. After the last few years, it was such a treat to be out and about. We decided upon the cutest Mickey mousse cake (Chocolate Chiffon Cake, Dark Chocolate Mousse and White Chocolate Mousse) and the Amorette's Rose (Chocolate Biscuit with Dark Chocolate Mousse, and Raspberry Sauce). They packaged both up so beautifully we almost hated unwrapping them.

IMG_0173.jpeg

IMG_0174.jpeg

IMG_0175.jpeg

Both desserts were fantastic and the perfect way to cap off our first Disney day.
Now it was time to wind down and try to get some sleep before our first park day. Where do you think we were going to? I'll give you a hint, it's my favourite park!

Ahh you tried Frontera Cocina, such a favorite of ours!
The patio area is lovely.
I’m glad you enjoyed your food and drinks
We love the guacamole there, yummy!
The desserts look lovely.
I tried the dome cake once and really liked it, Andi didn’t care for it🤦‍♀️

Ahh you tried Frontera Cocina, such a favorite of ours!
The patio area is lovely.
I’m glad you enjoyed your food and drinks
We decided to try it based on your reviews! So thank you very much for that. We really loved it and will definitely dine there again.
The desserts look lovely.
I tried the dome cake once and really liked it, Andi didn’t care for it🤦‍♀️
We really enjoyed our treats. :)
We talked about going here. But just didn't have enough days to fit it in. Glad to hear you guys liked it.
I would recommend it for sure. Perhaps one trip you will be able to fit it in.

We ended up really liking our room location as we were within a 5 minute walk of Artist's Palette, the bus stop and the High Rock Springs pool.
That sounds great! :)
he only challenge was that it was the last bus picked up before the parks. Luckily that didn't impact us at all and we actually had really good bus luck on our way to the parks.
Glad to hear. I'd be worried about being at the last stop if trying to do rope drop.
IMG_0170.jpeg
Very nice view. ::yes::
He was actually quite frank with his assessment on the current state of affairs at Disney
Really!
I really enjoyed our chat but at the same time was a little shocked a CM would be so up front with a guest. Different times!
I'm shocked too. Maybe he's as fed up as we are.
Arriving at Jock Lindsay's, we were told the wait for a table would be at least an hour and a half! Yikes!
:scared:
We happened to be outside Frontera Concina and Bill said why don't we see if they possibly have a table. Imagine our delight when they had one table out on the patio! Yay! I couldn't believe how lucky we were. :)
Wow! Nice score without an ADR.
Whoa. That looks amazing.
It was so nice to hear the live music and see people out enjoying themselves
:goodvibes

Please don't return, Covid.
Those are really pretty. ::yes::
Where do you think we were going to? I'll give you a hint, it's my favourite park!
MK?

Your room is beautiful. So glad you had good bus luck. The view from your room is gorgeous. Be hard not to feel relaxed there.
Sounds like you ended up with a great dinner and those desserts look divine. Glad everything worked out and you managed to eat at DS. I’m guessing AK for your favourite park 😊

Looks like an awesome first day!

I can't believe how chilly it looked there in March! The weather has been really hit or miss this Spring...I'm hoping for better luck because we leave tomorrow morning! I've been seeing all the people posting pics of the most torrential downpours! Guess we'll be packing our ponchos every day

Your brunch at WBG looks amazing. In December we had a hard time choosing between brunch there or at Homecomin'. We chose Homecomin', but now I think we made the wrong choice!

Your room looks very nice. I've never stayed at SSR, but it is such a pretty area.

I couldn't bring myself to eat at Frontera Concina based solely on the fact that they serve a guac with crickets. It just grosses me out, even though the rest of the food looks awesome!

That sounds great! :)
It really was a terrific location.
Glad to hear. I'd be worried about being at the last stop if trying to do rope drop.
I think it worked in our favour because we weren't going for rope drop. Plus we weren't going to a park that might be in higher demand.
I'm shocked too. Maybe he's as fed up as we are.
I think he was. He was super polite but definitely honest. He even told me that he and his family tend to go to Universal rather than Disney because of all the changes.
Whoa. That looks amazing.
It was SO good! It's a half chicken so there was more than enough for two people, especially with the tortillas to wrap the meat and rice in.
Please don't return, Covid.
Right???? I never want to have to arrange for Covid testing before flying home again. It really casts a shadow on your trip.
Nope!
Your room is beautiful. So glad you had good bus luck. The view from your room is gorgeous. Be hard not to feel relaxed there.
Sounds like you ended up with a great dinner and those desserts look divine. Glad everything worked out and you managed to eat at DS.
Thank you! We really loved the room, it was so bright and clean. Our evening turned out better than we could have hoped for. Who knew you could still be spontaneous in Disney!
I’m guessing AK for your favourite park 😊

I can't believe how chilly it looked there in March! The weather has been really hit or miss this Spring...I'm hoping for better luck because we leave tomorrow morning! I've been seeing all the people posting pics of the most torrential downpours! Guess we'll be packing our ponchos every day
So exciting that you are going! Where are you at this trip? The weather was so unpredictable but we lucked out that it improved for us.
Your brunch at WBG looks amazing. In December we had a hard time choosing between brunch there or at Homecomin'. We chose Homecomin', but now I think we made the wrong choice!
I've had brunch at Homecomin' too and i think they are both fantastic, just in different ways.
Your room looks very nice. I've never stayed at SSR, but it is such a pretty area.
We really loved it! I am trying out different DVC resorts each trip as i would like to buy an additional contract. Disney research for the win!
I couldn't bring myself to eat at Frontera Concina based solely on the fact that they serve a guac with crickets. It just grosses me out, even though the rest of the food looks awesome!
They have a guac with crickets???? Blech! I hope there weren't crickets in ours.

I love your room view. It looks like a very relaxing view from the balcony. I think the Murphy bed is much better than a sofa sleeper in the DVC studios. :)

We really like Josh Lindsay's and would be disappointed if we couldn't go there. But at least you had a great alternative. :)

I think he was. He was super polite but definitely honest. He even told me that he and his family tend to go to Universal rather than Disney because of all the changes.
Whoa! Was not expecting that!
It was SO good! It's a half chicken so there was more than enough for two people, especially with the tortillas to wrap the meat and rice in.
That's a lot!
Right???? I never want to have to arrange for Covid testing before flying home again. It really casts a shadow on your trip.
It's kept me from going into the US. I can't afford to be told "No" when I try to fly back home.
Darn!

I love your room view. It looks like a very relaxing view from the balcony. I think the Murphy bed is much better than a sofa sleeper in the DVC studios. :)
Thank you! We were really pleased too. The murphy beds are a game changer! I really hope they add them when my home resort of Boulder Ridge finally gets it's reno.
We really like Josh Lindsay's and would be disappointed if we couldn't go there. But at least you had a great alternative. :)
I really like it too so I was disappointed that we couldn't go there. But Frontera was awesome and I happy to try it. :)
Whoa! Was not expecting that!
Me either!
It's kept me from going into the US. I can't afford to be told "No" when I try to fly back home.
Same! I mean it's a little easier for me in the summer as I am off anyways but during the school year it is SO stressful. I just want all of this to be over!

What an awesome first day! Your meals and drinks look fantastic!!
Looking forward to reading more :)

Thank you! We were really pleased too. The murphy beds are a game changer! I really hope they add them when my home resort of Boulder Ridge finally gets it's reno.
I agree that the Murphy beds are a game changer. I would stay in a DVC studio if it had a Murphy bed instead of a sofa sleeper. I hope Boulder Ridge adds them because WL is one of our favorite places to stay.

What a beautiful room! Sounds like the location worked out well despite being the last bus stop--that would make me nervous, too. Glad it doesn't sound like that was a problem for you!

We've never eaten at Frontera Cocina, but that guacamole looked amazing (I'm with you & @buzzrelly though! I sure hope it didn't have surprise crickets in it!!!!!!) :)

We stayed at the Springs area and had the same experience as you, beautiful rooms and short walk to the bus stop. We took the boats over DS whenever we wanted to go there. Mole chicken is my favorite Mexican meal, but I like it best when the chicken is shredded.

What an awesome first day! Your meals and drinks look fantastic!!
Looking forward to reading more :)
Thank you for following along! We really did have a perfect first day. :)
I agree that the Murphy beds are a game changer. I would stay in a DVC studio if it had a Murphy bed instead of a sofa sleeper. I hope Boulder Ridge adds them because WL is one of our favorite places to stay.
I adore Wilderness Lodge too, it is my favourite of all the resorts.
What a beautiful room! Sounds like the location worked out well despite being the last bus stop--that would make me nervous, too. Glad it doesn't sound like that was a problem for you!
We were really lucky with the bus. Of course we were not travelling at peak times which made a difference. We loved the room. so bright and spacious. I would happily stay there again.
We've never eaten at Frontera Cocina, but that guacamole looked amazing (I'm with you & @buzzrelly though! I sure hope it didn't have surprise crickets in it!!!!!!) :)
It was so delicious...I love when a surprise meal works out well. I don't remember anything crunchy so hopefully it was cricket free, lol.
We stayed at the Springs area and had the same experience as you, beautiful rooms and short walk to the bus stop. We took the boats over DS whenever we wanted to go there. Mole chicken is my favorite Mexican meal, but I like it best when the chicken is shredded.
Saratoga is such an awesome resort. I though the Paddock section looked nice as well. It was my first time trying mole chicken but I will definitely have it again. Shredding the chicken would be great to really soak up that yummy sauce.

What a great start to your trip. I love a leisurely day strolling around Disney Springs with the anticipation of the whole trip ahead of you.

What a great start to your trip. I love a leisurely day strolling around Disney Springs with the anticipation of the whole trip ahead of you.
Thank you! We really enjoyed our day. It was such a different trip with only 2 park days and lots of resort time but we loved it!
Loving your report! :)
Thank you! I am happy you are enjoying it so far. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter