Sunset Grill at HRH Closed...Anyone back recently?

JessicaR

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>
The Sunset Grill is now closed and expected to stay that way until sometime in December. I was wondering what they are doing about breakfast other than sending you to RPR or PBH. Anyone just back that could enlighten me? I wanted to stay there again early December but I like the convience of being able to eat on property when were tired. I guess that means no room service either? Thanks for any info!

I was told that the Sunset Grille would only be closed for September and would reopen before my stay at HRH in October. Was I given incorrect information?

Closed? wow... I was just there 2 weeks ago.. everything looked okay to me... maybe they are keeping the counter service area open that has bakery items & ice cream.

There are 3 other places to get food/drink..

- Velvet (lounge off the lobby)

- Beach Club Bar/Grill

- The Palm - (fine dining)

>>^..^<<

Jess,

when i took my tour yesterday, I was told that the Grill was not opening until December but they did mention all the previous posted eateries and room service so I think that will be available as well.

The Sunset Grill is closed for remodeling and will reopen as the Kitchen. I'm sorry I didn't pay close attention and don't know when it will reopen. My understanding was the Starbucks & ice cream counter will also open back up as they are now in a temporary spot.

There is a counter in the atrium leading out toward the pool. I think this was where the entrance to the Sunset Grill used to be. You can get Starbucks coffee, donuts, bagels, pastries, fruit cups, & cereal for breakfast.

Breakfast & lunch are served off the lobby where the seating area was next to the patio. I know breakfast was a buffet. I didn't eat lunch there and was never in the hotel at lunch time so I couldn't tell you if that was a buffet. The food was good & the selection was varied. The only thing I didn't like was the traffic pattern. There was only one way in & out. If you are sitting along the rail then you feel like everyone is hanging over your food while waiting for seating. Space was limited so navigation was sometime difficult. I'm sure they're doing the best they can while they remodel the old Sunset Grill.

Carolyn

Cass,

Noel looks so cute in that picture. Going to check your website now!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter