• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SunPass

christinou,
I think the SunPass works with anything. My guess is they take a picture of you and review all the pictures. I have mine in my pick-up and they charge me for all axes (truck and 5th wheel), at least most of the time. I think once they just charge me for the truck.

Mine is stuck in the upper left hand part of the windshield. You can't even really see it up there. Works great.

Just curious. Has anyone actually tried to move the sunpass mimi to another vehicle. I have traded vehicles after each time I bought and used one. The first one tore and was discarded leaving a balance on the account. When I tried to find my account for the second one it say none found. I just purchased another TV and was able to pull the mini off my old one without tearing it. And chance if it sticks okay that it will work ???

I get that its basically free to get a new one but dont want to get pinched for my balance again when we go south again this year or next. Thanks

I forgot to add that those of us who use the Sunpass while TOWING need to list the license tag number of the towed vehicle(s) to the Sunpass profile as well. In case a photo is taken for some reason of a possible offense you can save yourself some time and trouble.

Bama ED

We have the portable one, but live in FL, so it is nice to be able to use it in either vehicle. My mom had the mini and lost her balance when she bought a new car. If you register all your plate numbers, you can drive through even if you forget it because they take a picture, then look up the plate number and take the funds out of your account. This is especially if your battery died and you didn't realize it.

My mom had the mini and lost her balance when she bought a new car.

When my husband got a new car, we left the sticker on the windshield, bought the portable unit and called them. They transferred the balance to the new portable unit.

I am flying into Miami airport from the UK in August and picking up a hire car to drive up to the fort, will i need to get a sunpass?. Thanks.

I am flying into Miami airport from the UK in August and picking up a hire car to drive up to the fort, will i need to get a sunpass?. Thanks.

No, a SunPass is an easier way of going thru the toll booths but you can just stop and pay with cash/coins.

No, a SunPass is an easier way of going thru the toll booths but you can just stop and pay with cash/coins.

When you say you're picking up a "hire car", I assume you mean rental. If that is the case, most all Orlando rental companies have SunPass transponders in the cars and they just add the toll cost, should you drive on a toll road, to your rental bill. There is a small daily fee in addition to the actual toll charge.

There will be a hinged plastic box stuck to the windshield just behind the rearview mirror. If you want to use the SunPass from the rental car company, just open the hinged box and drive through the gantry marked SunPass as usual. If you don't want to use it and want to pay the toll in cash or coins, leave the box closed and enter the toll booth for cash customers....

Duane

We're DVC members and we got the SunPass for our trips down. We are very happy we have it! No more scrambling for that roll of quarters!

But I have a question:

If we get a travel trailer, do we need a separate box for it or just add the license plate number onto the one we have?

We're DVC members and we got the SunPass for our trips down. We are very happy we have it! No more scrambling for that roll of quarters!

But I have a question:

If we get a travel trailer, do we need a separate box for it or just add the license plate number onto the one we have?

That was answered in post #24 of this thread. You can add trailers or towed vehicles to the Sunpass of the primary/lead/towing vehicle.

Bama ED

Does the mini have to be stuck on the windshield or can it be temporally "placed" for use in rental cars?

Yes the mini has to be stuck to the windshield to work according to the instructions. But since it is basically free you can just remove and discard it when your trip is complete. If you left it there someone else could use you account. Also be aware you have to add funds in advance from a bank account. If you choose to have it automatically reloaded you have to do that 24 hours before use. So plan ahead some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter