Sungela's PJ & TR Merged! Finally an Update! Faux Disneymoon Time

Thanks so much for the suggestion of the interfaith Ketubot. I went online and found quite a few and I will definately bring this up to my DF.

As far as the price of the wine goes - that is a great savings. Are you guys doing the beer and wine package or just wine alone? My DF's father lives in Orlando so the first week are down in November for our wedding we will be staying with him. We could easily go purchase wine - just not sure if we want to do this or not.

Linda

I LOVE mismosas! You should try a mismosa float: put ice, oj, and champagne in a blender. Pour into glasses ( I use martini glasses for fun) and top with more champagne! Oh it's wonderful.

Wow, that sounds yummy. I would never have thought to put champagne in the blender... excellent idea for Sunday morning!

So it will be like this:

I love it!

Love the ping-pong table - are you getting that from Disney?

Yes, indeedy! $270, almost the cost of buying our own table. But totally worth it because it will makes ours the coolest wedding EVER.

Thanks so much for the suggestion of the interfaith Ketubot. I went online and found quite a few and I will definately bring this up to my DF.

As far as the price of the wine goes - that is a great savings. Are you guys doing the beer and wine package or just wine alone? My DF's father lives in Orlando so the first week are down in November for our wedding we will be staying with him. We could easily go purchase wine - just not sure if we want to do this or not.

Linda

Beer and wine and liquor. There are two people who drink beer who will be in attendance: my dad's best friend and Angela's father. They are ecstatic. We're just bringing our own champagne, which is not included in the open bar package. Good luck ketubah shopping!

Good idea for bringing your own champagne. I will definately look into this.

As we doing a brunch we were also thinking about a champagne punch. The price we got from Disney is $75.00 per gallion. I have no idea how many gallions 50 people would drink at a brunch but they Disney is estimating 5 gallions.

Linda

Hmm... that's not terrible. $7.50 a person is cheaper than most of the signature drinks (in the $9 range). They charge an arm and a leg for most of their bottles, though, particularly compared to retail price.

I think at a brunch most people would like the punch - and then maybe do BOC for beer and wine. As our pre-reception is starting at 10:00 I don't think we will start serving alcohol until the reception starts at 11:00.

I think most women would like the punch but not too sure about the men. We really need to review our guest list.

Linda

I'm just now reading about the ping pong table - I love it!

Maybe you could setup beer pong but with mimosas instead!:rotfl2:

that ketubah is beautiful! Perfect for your special day. :)

I can tell you that as a family with young kids, we have to think long & hard about attending destination weddings. The good thing for our friends is that we usually give a better gift if we can't attend! I might be the only one who thinks this way, but if I'm saving thousands on food, hotel, transportation for 4, babysitting, etc, I can come up with a nice check or something big from the registry.

We have one coming up in November in FL. The choices are drive & take the kids to visit family or Disney (or Universal!) or fly down for the weekend without them. DH wants to take a cruise beforehand! The wedding couple will be lucky to get $5 if we do that.

I am sending you a PM about your invitation printing.

I'm just now reading about the ping pong table - I love it!

Maybe you could setup beer pong but with mimosas instead!

Wow, that would be a wedding to remember! I never quite got the hang of beer pong, and now than I am an official college graduate, I guess I never will. :rotfl2:

that ketubah is beautiful! Perfect for your special day.

I can tell you that as a family with young kids, we have to think long & hard about attending destination weddings. The good thing for our friends is that we usually give a better gift if we can't attend! I might be the only one who thinks this way, but if I'm saving thousands on food, hotel, transportation for 4, babysitting, etc, I can come up with a nice check or something big from the registry.

We have one coming up in November in FL. The choices are drive & take the kids to visit family or Disney (or Universal!) or fly down for the weekend without them. DH wants to take a cruise beforehand! The wedding couple will be lucky to get $5 if we do that.

I hope you're right, and we start getting good gifts. My parents are putting together a small luncheon in CT, so hopefully anyone who can't afford to fly down will celebrate (and gift) us there.

Updates: I had my second/final dress fitting! Good news and bad news. The bad news is that it was too late to change the bustle, so weird French bustle it is for me! The good news is it looks a lot better now that it's actually bustled instead of just pinned. I wish I had known to ask (or that they had asked me) about bustle styles, but it's not really a big deal. All the formal pics will be of me and my absurdly long train, and after that, who cares?

I think it finally hit my mom that I'm actually getting married. I guess the dress didn't do it, but this did:
Tiara.jpg

Oh, I can't wait to waltz around the house in it. I didn't want to give it back. It's so perfect... :love:

Now I just have to wait until the correct bra comes in and they steam the dress, and then it's all mine. I actually want to leave the dress at the shop as long as possible. They don't have kitties that might scratch my precious couture gown. And I think I've finally succumbed to the idea of shipping my dress down, rather than schlepping it from NJ. I'm going to be a nervous wreck until I know it gets to Carolyn Allen's, though.

I also bought my rehearsal dinner dress. Look at the mature and elegant wonder that is me:
Graduation029.jpg

I might have it taken in a little, but we'll see how lazy I am.

I also realized I never posted important wedding-related stuff:

My shoes:
WeddingStuff001.jpg

I have to practice not clip-clopping. The wedding dress shop people thought it was funny that I was wearing flip flops under my gown. Glad that they won't see my blue undies...

Angela's shoes:
WeddingStuff003.jpg

Not even a hint of a heel. Thank God!

Thank you notes:
WeddingStuff002.jpg

The Papery printed the thank you, and the cards are William Arthur--same as our invitations.

Our bubbles:
WeddingStuff004.jpg

Angela's mom made them, using all kinds of pretty ribbons.

We had a very productive weekend: Angela finally went to get her dress fitted, and we decided on our guest book. In lieu of a book (we really didn't have enough photos), we're doing a cool "Love Notes" box. We're going to put out little cards with prompts (Favorite Sungela Memory, How You Know Sunny and Angela are Perfect for Each Other, Advice, Draw a Picture, etc.) that people will fill out (with Disney crayons and markers, duh) and put in the box. My mom already decorated it, and I'm psyched to see it. I have a box fetish (weird, I know), and I like the idea of chucking--er, I mean gently placing--all kinds of wedding mementos in one place.

We also switched to the two-tier Mad Hatter cake (thanks, cesca!), saving ourselves a pretty penny. I was going to do ice cream with it, a la Carrie, but $6 per person?!? With three kinds of chocolate fondue and cookies on every table, I think we're set.

I love all your favors and invites and all that stuff! It's so bright and original!! Very you two!!

Only 1 month left!! WOO HOO I'm sure you're excited!!

Jennifer

Okay, I have to add that the socks really make your rehearsal dress !!!! :rotfl2: Can't wait to see your wedding photos !!!!

I really like the way the bubbles turned out. Very nice!! Also, I LOVE Angela's shoes. I can't beleive that you are a month out. It's gonna start going really fast! Enjoy your last month of being engaged.

I just read your entire PJ and I love everything. Your dresses are stunning. You and your DF are going to look like two beautiful princesses! Can't wait to see pics!

I love all your favors and invites and all that stuff! It's so bright and original!! Very you two!!

Only 1 month left!! WOO HOO I'm sure you're excited!!

Jennifer

Thank you! I think we've tried to incorprate Sungela-ness into every aspect of our wedding. We want a wedding people will talk about. I'm not that worried about it, though. ;p

Okay, I have to add that the socks really make your rehearsal dress !!!! Can't wait to see your wedding photos !!!!

At least they match! I am so glad I'm wearing flip flops to the wedding; otherwise, I'd be tempted to wear rainbow Mickey knee-highs. :rotfl2:

I really like the way the bubbles turned out. Very nice!! Also, I LOVE Angela's shoes. I can't beleive that you are a month out. It's gonna start going really fast! Enjoy your last month of being engaged.

Angela's shoes are even prettier and shinier in person. She's a shoe queen, and I forbade any heel, so these were a great find. I can't believe, after nearly two years of being engaged, that we have only one month left. :scared1:

I just read your entire PJ and I love everything. Your dresses are stunning. You and your DF are going to look like two beautiful princesses! Can't wait to see pics!

Thanks! I can't wait to see the pics either... Although I think I will be sad when all this planning funness is over.

So today's the big pay day, even though we are still waiting on my final BEO. We've made so many last-minute changes. I don't know what I will do with myself now that we can't change anything anymore. I still have to find bridesmen gifts (I think it would be hilarious if we bought them Wall Street buy/sell cufflinks, Angela doesn't agree), but I'm mostly done otherwise. I'll post my final budget when I get it, because I thought it was helpful to read other people's. In the meantime, though, this is me: :surfweb:

We got our guys the duffle bag from the Disney Shopping website. We got them in red with Mickey on them and had them each personalized in white.

We also got them the personalized watches from the same site. We got the square watch with the small Mickey on the face along with their names. I got the same for my girls only in the smaller face but the same design. For the guys we got the black watchband and red for the girls. I also got a watch for both our dads and a watch for my DF and myself.

We are getting them other things but these are the "Disney" things.

I am getting my DF Mickey Mouse Club cufflinks. I found them on ebay and they are about $25.00. He NEVER wears cufflinks but wears a Mickey Mouse earing every day and is planning on wearing it to the wedding so I though this would be appropriate. Since the cufflinks are not that expensive I figured he would like this for our wedding day.

Linda

Your tiara is really pretty. I love your rehearsal dress picture, especially with the socks! :lmao: One month to go, you must be so excited!

Oh, Sunny! Everything is so beautiful & clever! That Ketubah is stunning and absolutely perfect! LOVE the bubbles. You are so adorable in the rehearsal dress pic. I am so glad your families are having so much fun helping with the planning. It will make them feel so special to look around and see the bits and pieces they contributed all going to make everything so special for you and Angela! :hug:

Sunny, love the tiara. Did you get it locally and is it from the Disney line? I have tried to find Disney wedding things here locally in NJ but have not had any luck. I would love to try it on before buying it so I would really love to find it around here. We are heading to Disney for our planning session tomorrow so I will look for the tiara when we get home.

Linda

I know I gushed about the dress (how could I not... hello?!), but I finally started from the beginning and read it all, and I have to say, Wow, that's just wonderful. That = everything!

The story, the rings, the plans. I love how you're all about thinking outside the box, and I love that you're sharing it together in one of the greatest places.

I have to say, I cannot wait until I see the pictures, because I really wish I could see it all up close.

:flower3:

Your tiara is really pretty. I love your rehearsal dress picture, especially with the socks! One month to go, you must be so excited!

Sunny, love the tiara. Did you get it locally and is it from the Disney line? I have tried to find Disney wedding things here locally in NJ but have not had any luck. I would love to try it on before buying it so I would really love to find it around here. We are heading to Disney for our planning session tomorrow so I will look for the tiara when we get home.

Linda

Thank you! In real life, it is super shiny. I can't wait to wear it with my new Tiffany blossom earrings. :lovestruc It is part of the Disney line, and I got it at Exquisite Bridal in Princeton, the same place where I bought my dress. They were really nice, although very expensive. Linda, where in NJ are you?

Oh, Sunny! Everything is so beautiful & clever! That Ketubah is stunning and absolutely perfect! LOVE the bubbles. You are so adorable in the rehearsal dress pic. I am so glad your families are having so much fun helping with the planning. It will make them feel so special to look around and see the bits and pieces they contributed all going to make everything so special for you and Angela!

Cam, you are so sweet! I can't wait for your wedding either! I have agonized over so many of these choices, but now, I'm really happy with how everything's coming together.

I know I gushed about the dress (how could I not... hello?!), but I finally started from the beginning and read it all, and I have to say, Wow, that's just wonderful. That = everything!

The story, the rings, the plans. I love how you're all about thinking outside the box, and I love that you're sharing it together in one of the greatest places.

I have to say, I cannot wait until I see the pictures, because I really wish I could see it all up close.

Thank you so much! My dress is definitely gush-worthy. I love to look at pictures of it... in fact, I do little else these days except look at pics. I'm glad I decided on the wedding video; I have a feeling I'll watch it a few thousand times.

It's funny, but we started out planning a very traditional wedding (and our ceremony, for the most part, still is). But we are not fans of pink or pastels, and we wanted to make our wedding very fun for our guests, so voila! We wound up with an out-of-the-box wedding. I should have known... we are both a little out-of-the-box anyway :rotfl:

We finally found the guys' cufflinks. We debated back and forth about the Mickey ones, but we wanted to get them something they'd wear again (and oddly enough, some of our guys actually wear cufflinks on a regular basis).
Cufflinks.jpg

Only $20! Down from $65, so I hope they don't look cheap. We want to get them Disney socks to wear, but we've had a hard time finding men's formal socks. Other than ebay, any suggestions?

With 30 days to go, I have to: make my welcome packet (and crossword puzzle), buy the guys' socks and the girls' jewelry (I'm thinking cool beads from 10,000 Villages), and find a cat sitter for our babies. Wow--we're almost there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter