Sunday night NFL football.

cougar87

Earning My Ears
Sailing on the Wish 3 night cruise. Will they show Sunday night football somewhere on the ship? It’s an NBC Sunday night game so a little worried it won’t be shown on the ship. Asking for a husband 🤣🤣

Generally all major sporting events are shown on the ships. Of course, you are on a moving ship and they do lose the satellite from time to time, but the intent is for major events to be on the TV at least in one of the bars.

I've found in the past that rights issues can get in the way of the ship broadcasting games. For example, I was in the sports bar on the Wish (Keg & Compass) during the NBA playoffs this past May. They could broadcast the Western Conference finals (because it was ABC/ESPN) but not the Eastern Conference finals (on TNT).

Given this, and the fact that Sunday Night Football is NBC, I'm not certain they'd have rights to broadcast.

Sailing on the Wish 3 night cruise. Will they show Sunday night football somewhere on the ship? It’s an NBC Sunday night game so a little worried it won’t be shown on the ship. Asking for a husband 🤣🤣
if your husband can do old school and has a AM radio with an earpiece (They sell them on Amazon), Jacksonville 690 (it is a 50,000 watt radio station) has all Sunday Night Football radio broadcasts. Also ESPN radio 850 out of Gainesville. Their signals should reach your ship at night if you are just going to the Bahamas. He can listen to the game and the two of you can have a romantic walk on deck in the moonlight. It does not appear that any Disney Cruise line would have NBC but with streaming and YOUTUBE nfl ticket, they may have it now.

They will usually show football in the pub-type bar on Saturday and Sunday in the fall, and sometimes they'll even put the night games on funnel-vision.

We have viewed both Thursday night (Prime) and Monday night (ESPN/Disney) on the Funnelvision screen. Loved it! Don't believe the same thing held true on Sunday evenings. This was last year during the 8 night HOTHS Fantasy sailing.

Sailing on the Wish 3 night cruise. Will they show Sunday night football somewhere on the ship? It’s an NBC Sunday night game so a little worried it won’t be shown on the ship. Asking for a husband
Others have answered your question. But with only 3 nights is watching football one of those nights you really....well...seems like a very expensive way to watch a football game... i might be out of line but you might consider something to do together that isnt focused on electronics. Oh im a bit of romantic so just ignore my post. Enjoy your cruise.

Last edited:

Others have answered your question. But with only 3 nights is watching football one of those nights you really....well...seems like a very expensive way to watch a football game... i might be out of line but you might consider something to do together that isnt focused on electronics. Oh im a bit of romantic so just ignore my post. Enjoy your cruise.
I've found in the past that rights issues can get in the way of the ship broadcasting games. For example, I was in the sports bar on the Wish (Keg & Compass) during the NBA playoffs this past May. They could broadcast the Western Conference finals (because it was ABC/ESPN) but not the Eastern Conference finals (on TNT).

Given this, and the fact that Sunday Night Football is NBC, I'm not certain they'd have rights to broadcast.
Good info Kappman14, I don't think FLcrusing understands::::: If the husband does not watch the game, it may cost his team the win. That could also lead to not making the playoffs and onto the Superbowl. Cougar 87, is it possible to get a refund and take the next 3 day or previous 3 day without conflicting the Sunday Night game?

Just sailed the Dream out of NY. They did not show the Jets/Giants game or the world series. As others have said, I think it depends on the network they are on.

It really depends when the football team is playing. For example, I have been on a sailing on the East Coast when my team is playing on Monday Night Football, which starts at 8:15PM EST. The game is usually 3+ hours long so I can watch the last hour (if it's playing) at the bar and my kids are off to bed.

The Wish sports bar has a schedule of games they run sitting on the bar. That said, not sure I'd watch the game in the bar unless you're with some supporters. We chose to watch in our cabin.

Does the NBC Sports App show the national Sunday night game? If so, I would just get an internet package that had the speed to stream it to a device.

Does the NBC Sports App show the national Sunday night game? If so, I would just get an internet package that had the speed to stream it to a device.
I see based on the internet packages that long form video streaming may not work for the NBC app.

We’re on the Fantasy right now, and they are showing SNF in O’Gills. When we were on the Wish last September my husband watched SNF in Keg and Compass.

Good info Kappman14, I don't think FLcrusing understands::::: If the husband does not watch the game, it may cost his team the win. That could also lead to not making the playoffs and onto the Superbowl. Cougar 87, is it possible to get a refund and take the next 3 day or previous 3 day without conflicting the Sunday Night game?
Dont worry about the busybodies, enjoy your cruise and the football game

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter