Summer Visit?

We are going again July 28 - Aug 3 again this year staying at Pop Century so we will see about it this year.
You will see very few 15s,if any, with a trip starting July 28-most will already be back in the southern hemisphere preparing for the August return to school.:)

I'm curious, are the 15s there all month long or just for certain parts of it?
All month,but there numbers begin to "tail off" the last week of July as they have to start back school in August.

The first 3 weeks of July are "GROUND ZERO".:)

Based off of what I’ve read from other pages, resort bookings are soft for July. One page even said this could be the least crowded July this decade.

We are trying July for the first time this year, right after the 4th of July. This will be our 6th trip so we figured we’ve got a pretty good idea what we want to do and how best to avoid the heat. It’s the only time we could go this year so we will keep our fingers crossed. We are used to going in May the week before Memorial Day.

Hi Everyone,

Just wanting some opinions....With all the times we have visited Disney, we have never gone in the dead of summer (July/August). The closest to that was a second week in June trip which we thought was good. A lot of kids were not out of school yet and the parks were manageable. We did have some super hot days though...Anyway its been about 3 years since our last visit and I was hoping to take advantage of the summer promo to finally stay at a deluxe again...We were thinking end of July into early August. My question is for all you summer folks....are the crowds really crazy? is the heat bareable?.....Any suggestions or tips if we do go? Looking forward to hearing from you all!
Summer is now one of the slower seasons at WDW. Late July is a particularly low crowd time to go. Resort prices are reasonable in summer, too, with ample discounts available.

As for advice, tour at a slower pace, and don't try to spend all day touring. You would be miserable doing so, and it likely wouldn't work, anyway, due to regular brief thunderstorms that shut down outdoor rides. Know that rain and lightning are as much of an issue in summer as heat, so be prepared for those to potentially disrupt afternoon and/or evening plans.

Wear sunglasses and bring a good hat or UV umbrella for daytime touring. Do most of your touring in the morning before the daily aftenoon rains begin, and in the evening after the sun has set. Stay at a nice resort with a great pool, so that you can enjoy afternoon breaks at the resort. Avoid wearing denim (which shrinks & clings when wet and takes forever to dry) or shoes that will be miserable when wet. Don't carry a heavy bag full of stuff around all day- that will wear you out. Spend a few extra dollars each day to buy your water at the parks, instead of lugging heavy bottles from home everywhere.

Have a relaxed attitude, and come ready to enjoy the pools and water parks as much as the regular parks. WDW has a carefree vibe that fits summertime perfectly. If you can relax and get into that vibe, you'll love a summer visit.

Last edited:
All month,but there numbers begin to "tail off" the last week of July as they have to start back school in August.

The first 3 weeks of July are "GROUND ZERO".:)
We are going June 26 to July 10...
Hopefully we would be okay
I am bringing my children and youth choir from Norway this summer, but they are only 10 kids and we are staying together only 3 days. I will tell them to behave very good.

Know that rain and lightning are as much of an issue in summer as heat
So true!

For anyone who has never done so before,take notice of all the Lightning Rods the next time you are at WDW!

The Lightning at WDW in the Summer is absolutely INCREDIBLE and also very scary when it "hits" close to you-SO LOUD!

Once Lightning hit the tail of the dolphin statue at Swan/Dolphin Resort and "blew" a piece of it off!

South American tour groups comprised of 15 year old girls. The groups normally range in size from 20-60+. They'll walk through the parks chanting quite loudly, sometimes walking arm in arm and just behaving as you'd expect a large pack of teenage girls to do. I think it's awesome that they get to go on such a trip, and individually I'm sure they're mostly very sweet girls (we've seen examples of it). However in a group they can be a bit annoying. Nothing to be "scared" of, just something to note. You don't want to be stuck in a long standby line with them. :D I've heard they trash the value resorts, but we stay offsite so I've never seen that side of it.
I laughed reading this.... you described it perfectly! Reminds me of my neighbors.... one neighbor has 3 pre-teen girls the other has 2, but put them together and it seems like there are 40! Screaming, chanting, laughing... all fighting to be heard above the others! All very nice girls, but something happen when you put all them together!!! :crazy2::scared::scared: Honestly.... it is quite scary!! :scared::scared:!!

Anyway.... Have never gone in August, but might do a short August trip this year. We've done June, July and September numerous times! Lately, summer is easing up with crowds because people are taking advantage of spring and fall promotions like free dining. July 4th week can be very crowded, but still manageable for us! Heat doesn't bother us. We feel September is worse for the heat because the humidity in September can become unbearable with any hurricanes nearby!
As for the tour groups.... We avoid the 2 weeks following July 4th as this time seems heaviest with these groups. And believe me.... they can be horribly annoying!! :crazy2:

Sorry, crowds?

No apologies needed. :D I've read here on the DIS, and it makes me very happy, that crowds at the beginning of June are VERY manageable. Seems the summer months aren't as "busy" as they used to be. A lot of the schools if not all of them here in FL are out by the last week of May or first week of June. Some other schools aren't seeing their last days till nearly the end of June! :headache: That's great for lack of crowds at Disney, but kinda poopy to be in school that far into summer.

We check in on 7/6. Touring Plans just drastically dropped their crowd level predictions for our week. Overall levels are 3 to 5. Some parks are 1 to 3 during that week now. I've not used TP before so I don't know how reliable they are, but this seems like good news for pre Star Wars months.

We check in on 7/6. Touring Plans just drastically dropped their crowd level predictions for our week. Overall levels are 3 to 5. Some parks are 1 to 3 during that week now. I've not used TP before so I don't know how reliable they are, but this seems like good news for pre Star Wars months.
In my experience, their crowd predictions aren't that reliable. I've gone when they've been wildly off and when they've been spot on, so take them with a grain of salt. I check in 7/8 and I'm hopeful crowds will be low. The one-day ticket prices for that week are lower than the surrounding weeks, which is a good indicator of crowds. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I've not used TP before so I don't know how reliable they are, but this seems like good news for pre Star Wars months.

Crowd calendars are useless, not to mention they're deceptive even in using the name "crowd calendar" since that isn't what they're measuring/predicting. Complete waste.

For the PP, generally speaking early June has been very "light" the past several years. Doesn't mean it will be this year, but summer is a great time to go.

Crowd calendars are useless, not to mention they're deceptive even in using the name "crowd calendar" since that isn't what they're measuring/predicting. Complete waste.

For the PP, generally speaking early June has been very "light" the past several years. Doesn't mean it will be this year, but summer is a great time to go.

We went last year on the same week and were pleasantly surprised by the comfortable crowds. And I agree on the crowd calendar as a waste. We've been enough to know what we want to do. Just thought I'd check one out to see what the fuss is about.

Most crowd predictors aren't very accurate. They are good planning tools but they are not always right. TP has missed the mark a number of times on crowd predictions. I'll never forget they dropped MK crowds from 7 to 3 when we were there last March, it ended up being a 10 of a day. LOL I wouldn't put much stock in the crowd calendars. Summer overall is very tolerable crowd wise, I would use the typical planners for crowd levels, EMH, park hours, special events, days of the week etc. and plan from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter