• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer Reading.

I'm reading the 10th Man for British Lit Honors. I haven't started the book yet but since I am on vacation in myrtle beach I will start reading it.

Cheater cheater pumpkin eater! :*

I feel so slow, I'm in the 11th grade and just finally getting into honors courses. I turned them down for 9th grade, and then I got sick, so now was my first chance to go back in. What's AP exactly? Isn't it college track?

Hahahah! I'm cheating period using sparknotes lol. But since she said it was really good I wanted to get the basic idea of the plot to see if it was worth reading xD Lol.

AP is like hardcore...idk how to describe it.

I feel so slow, I'm in the 11th grade and just finally getting into honors courses. I turned them down for 9th grade, and then I got sick, so now was my first chance to go back in. What's AP exactly? Isn't it college track?

ap is a series of classes that are "advanced." at the end of the class you have the opportunity to take a test. my ap classes were cake, but they totally didn't prepare us for the tests at all. the tests are insanely difficult becuase if you get a certain score you're considered "testing out" of that corresponding college class.

i don't really recommend the tests, but the classes are good.

AP stands for advanced placement. It's a bunch of courses that are supposed to be equivalent to college level ones. After the course you take this big big test in May that has 100 multiple choice questions and then a bunch of essay questions. You can get a score that is either 1,2,3,4, or 5.
If you get a 3,4,or 5 you have a good chance of getting college credit. The test isn't required, though. If you take enough AP you can even skip freshman year in college. Yah

AP stands for advanced placement. It's a bunch of courses that are supposed to be equivalent to college level ones. After the course you take this big big test in May that has 100 multiple choice questions and then a bunch of essay questions. You can get a score that is either 1,2,3,4, or 5.
If you get a 3,4,or 5 you have a good chance of getting college credit. The test isn't required, though. If you take enough AP you can even skip freshman year in college. Yah

it can backfire though. i've known kids who took ap cal and got put straight into cal 2 in college and ended up having to go back and take college algebra becuase the ap class/test didn't really prepare them for advanced college classes.

due to my schedules, i've had redundant classes. ap english lang and english 1010, and english 1010 was definitely nothing like ap english lang.

i don't put a whole lot of weight into ap tests, simply because i think they inadequately prepare you.

i was a second semester freshman in college by the time i graduated high school, but i didn't do any of it through ap tests, i did it by taking the real college classes in dual enrollment, and i feel a lot more comfortable going into my classes, having really taken the prereqs than taking some test to get out of them.

For history, The Guns of August.
*shoots self, no pun intended*

For english, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time &
Reader's Choice - I'm reading the Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury

I have to read, annotate, and take notes on How to Read Literature Like a Professor and Jane Eyre for AP Lit. It's taking forever. x_x

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.
It's as weird as it sounds.

True Enough: Learning to Live in a Post-Fact Society. It's required reading for my university. =/

Haven't started yet. haha

I have to read The Founding Brothers by Joseph Ellis and then write a two page essay on it for AP history. :/
and for AP English i have to read Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation, plus 5 books from a specific selection of authors... it's mostly the classics and such.

no thank goodness for college!
For real...
I have to read Fastfood Nation and The Elements of Style for AP lang. and comp.
They're so boring D:
I was supposed to read Fastfood Nation, but I didn't. I don't do homework during school and they expect me to do homework during the summer? Chyeah right.
But one of the other books I had to read was Freakonomics. That was really good actually, one of the few books I have actually read for school. It talks about so many different things like teachers cheating on standardized tests, sumo wrestlers, drug dealers and more. I recommend it.

I just finished L.A Candy and now I'm reading Just Listen by Sarah Dessen.

out of the books on my list i chose "the perks of being a wallflower" which is now my favourite book
princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter