• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why did you originally select a March UY? Do you plan on combining all your points to book in the 7-month window? Do you want 1 single 150 point contract or 2 separate 75 points contracts?

Sure $3,300 from 2022 UY points is nice, but if may not be worth it if you typically travel in June, July, August, or September. I don't think your guide is trying to deceive you. He/she will most likely need additional approval to get you a 2nd UY AND 2022 UY points so he/she is just making sure you really want it and know what it will entail for the next 40 years of ownership.

I know plenty of people that willingly take a 2nd UY, but it's typically for a change in travel habits or because they want this resort for spring and summer and that resort for fall and winter.
I didn’t choose March in particular just the resale contracts I bought. I don’t have any real desire for that month just how it panned out.

If I’m understanding this correctly if I chose Dec or Oct UY I’d get 2022 points immed then 2023 points at the beginning of that month and I’d pay no dues on the 2022 points?

Then I’d get the new allotment of points either Oct 1 or Dec 1 then only pay 2023 duez for either 3 or 5 months respectively,

I didn’t choose March in particular just the resale contracts I bought. I don’t have any real desire for that month just how it panned out.

If I’m understanding this correctly if I chose Dec or Oct UY I’d get 2022 points immed then 2023 points at the beginning of that month and I’d pay no dues on the 2022 points?

Then I’d get the new allotment of points either Oct 1 or Dec 1 then only pay 2023 duez for either 3 or 5 months respectively,
Correct, you would receive 2022 points for free essentially which you could sell back for MB and then on either 10/1 or 12/1 you would receive your 2023 points. You will pay a prorated amount for the remainder of the year, we're about 3/4 of the way done with the year so you would pay a quarter of the 2023 dues and then you will the pay the full amount for your 2024 dues in January.

Correct, you would receive 2022 points for free essentially which you could sell back for MB and then on either 10/1 or 12/1 you would receive your 2023 points. You will pay a prorated amount for the remainder of the year, we're about 3/4 of the way done with the year so you would pay a quarter of the 2023 dues and then you will the pay the full amount for your 2024 dues in January.
Ok thank you so much!! Basically getting 2022 points free then 1 or 3 months of dues for the next full years points? Def worth the extra UY it seems

Ok thank you so much!! Basically getting 2022 points free then 1 or 3 months of dues for the next full years points? Def worth the extra UY it seems
Correct, you’re paying 1-3 months worth of dues for the 2023 points. Worth is subjective, it does take more work to manage 2 use years and having multiple use years does make it more likely you will strand points down the road. My use years are too close together but I really wanted a subsidized Aulani contract so I decided to just go ahead and get it and keep my direct and resale points separate from one another. If you have enough points in each use year to suffice independently of one another (I assume fhe other one is not a small 50 pointer) then it’ll likely work fine.

Last edited:

You are paying the same amount of pro rated 2023 dues, no matter which UY you get. Those are based on calendar year and UY plays no role.

So, if you bought today, your dues will be for about 9 weeks and that is the same for every UY bought today.

ETA: it’s about 17 weeks NOT 9!

Last edited:
Correct, you’re paying 1-3 months worth of dues for the 2023 points. Worth is subjective, it does take more work to manage 2 use years and having multiple use years does make it more likely you will strand points down the road. My use years are too close together but I really wanted a subsidized Aulani contract so I decided to just go ahead and get it and keep my direct and resale points separate from one another. If you have enough points in each use year to suffice independently of one another (I assume fhe other one is not a small 50 pointer) then it’ll likely work fine.

Not quite right. Dues will be based on date contract is signed, and not when the UY begins.

Buying today with an Oct or Dec UY will result in the same amount and would be the same for every other UY as well.

Last edited:
I
You are paying the same amount of pro rated 2023 dues, no matter which UY you get. Those are based on calendar year and UY plays no role.

So, if you bought today, your dues will be for about 9 weeks and that is the same for every UY bought today.
oooh thank you!! I was confused about this too, but have everything in order now. Planning on getting the contract written today hoping for an Oct UY. Finally going to just pull the trigger!

I had Absolutely no intention on adding 200% more points this year 😂 but YOLO

Not quite right. Dues will be based on date contract is signed, and not when the UY begins.

Buying today with an Oct or Dec UY will result in the same amount and would be the same for every other UY as well.
I must’ve been typing too fast because thats definitely what I meant and just assumed she would’ve bought in later closer to December if she went with the Dec UY so that’s why I assumed 1 month of dues, my bad! But yes, dues are obviously prorated based on when the contract is signed and is not affected by UY. When I bought my original contract I bought in Dec an April UY contract and only paid 1 months worth of dues

Last edited:
I

oooh thank you!! I was confused about this too, but have everything in order now. Planning on getting the contract written today hoping for an Oct UY. Finally going to just pull the trigger!

I had Absolutely no intention on adding 200% more points this year 😂 but YOLO
Sorry! Idk why my mind assumed you would be buying closer to December if you decided to get the Dec UY

Sorry why would for 9 weeks? Isn’t the remainder of the year more like 17 weeks?

I was under the impression it’s pro-rated based on when points are loaded into membership as opposed to when contract is signed.

Signing of contracts could be extended by days/weeks after points are loaded.

I was under the impression it’s pro-rated based on when points are loaded into membership as opposed to when contract is signed.

Signing of contracts could be extended by days/weeks after points are loaded.

Most often those documents need to be signed relatively quickly.

But, I have signed a few days in when I had to have contracts redone, and my dues were indeed prorated from that date…points had been there from day 1.

Can someone please help check my math/information and confirm that this would be correct, as this would be my first contract, and I am SO excited!

150 pts direct at VGF: $32,550
5 'free' points discount: -$1,085
Developer credits: -$1,500
Welcome Home credit (new member): -$1,000
Referral credit: -$500
Magical Beginnings credit: -$3,300
Total: $25,165

Paying with Chase Sapphire Reserve, codes as travel at 3%: $853.95 in cash back (paying off immediately so no interest).

For a final total of $24311.05 OR $162.07/pt (?!?!!?). Am I dreaming?!
I plan on signing next week just in case the 9/12 incentives are better.

Last edited:
Can someone please help check my math/information and confirm that this would be correct, as this would be my first contract, and I am SO excited!

Paying with Chase Sapphire Reserve, codes as travel at 3%: $853.95 in cash back (paying off immediately so no interest).

I can’t speak to the CC rewards but the rest looks correct! HoweverX you have to add in closing closes. Those will be around $600, I think.

Have you used your first My Chase Plan yet? Most people get an offer to set up a plan with no interest/fees and spread the payments over 6-24 months, depending on the purchase amount. It should be 24 months with this large of a purchase. If you don't mind carrying a balance, that's another way to squeeze some indirect savings.

You should have received an email with the offer but you can also check for it if you have any purchases over $100. You go through the steps as if you were setting up the plan for the transaction to see of there are any fees but just don't finish it.

Have you used your first My Chase Plan yet? Most people get an offer to set up a plan with no interest/fees and spread the payments over 6-24 months, depending on the purchase amount. It should be 24 months with this large of a purchase. If you don't mind carrying a balance, that's another way to squeeze some indirect savings.

You should have received an email with the offer but you can also check for it if you have any purchases over $100. You go through the steps as if you were setting up the plan for the transaction to see of there are any fees but just don't finish it.
Thanks so much. We haven't used it yet, I plan on paying this contract off right away but really want a Poly2 contract so I'm hoping to use the 0% My Chase Plan on that transaction next year if it's still available to me!

why current VDH offering has less discount for 200 points than for 150? and no discounts for 250+?

why current VDH offering has less discount for 200 points than for 150? and no discounts for 250+?
They’re trying to get VGF sold out before the cabins & Poly2 come up is my guess. Also, VGF has a shorter contract so there’s added value for VDH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter