Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On the topic of summer incentives, when taking part in 'Magical Beginnings' and selling your points back to Disney, I understand you still need to pay that years dues, but is it the full year or prorated based on when you purchased? For example, I have a March UY, selling back 2023 points, purchasing this week.
For clarity, DVC dues are assessed and paid on calendar year basis, without regard to UY. That’s why if you sign the contract now you’ll pay roughly 1/2 of 2023 dues, no matter which UY you choose.

Dues and UY tend to get tangled up in resale purchase negotiations, especially when borrowed (and already used) or banked points are involved.

Has anyone heard of additional promotions being available for existing DVC members?

I bought 150 pts at GFV and was given a $1500 Welcome Home Bonus, $2500 Developer Credit and $1085 "5 points free" for a total of $5085 off of the price, plus $3300 from Magical Beginnings.

I've heard of some people getting an additional $1000 or $1500 off so before MB they were paying $176.43 or $173.10 per point instead of $183 per point.

Want to make sure I didn't miss any discount before my cancellation window closes! :)

Has anyone heard of additional promotions being available for existing DVC members?

I bought 150 pts at GFV and was given a $1500 Welcome Home Bonus, $2500 Developer Credit and $1085 "5 points free" for a total of $5085 off of the price, plus $3300 from Magical Beginnings.

I've heard of some people getting an additional $1000 or $1500 off so before MB they were paying $176.43 or $173.10 per point instead of $183 per point.

Want to make sure I didn't miss any discount before my cancellation window closes! :)
I haven't heard of that. Maybe the $1500 is the same welcome home credit for current members and the $1000 is the new members credit?

I'm just finishing up on a 300pt contract split into two 150s and the numbers you have are the same for me. I was told definitively that the $1500 welcome home credit is only available once when splitting so I couldn't double it up for a total of $3000.

We are DEC Use year.... It worked well with magical beginnings because, overall, I wouldn't want to use the 2022 points this year anyways... this far into the year most of what I would want is already booked up, etc. Yes, I could have banked them into 2023, but thought I'd rather have the $22/point.

Someone send me your great Disney rep so they can take my money! I emailed my rep twice and nada. Like man just take my money I laid it out to you. I sold my gfv for 189 a point (70 point contract) so now onto 150 haha.

Someone send me your great Disney rep so they can take my money! I emailed my rep twice and nada. Like man just take my money I laid it out to you. I sold my gfv for 189 a point (70 point contract) so now onto 150 haha.

Call ours. She was quick and very helpful with our VGF purchase with these incentives.

Luisenia “Lu” Bernatow
Vacation Club Guide
Direct Line: 407-827-5375
Toll-Free Direct: 855-376-0244
Lu.Bernatow@disney.com

I think there were Disney visa related promotion a few month ago, which some were able to get even after the promotion ended. (Due to fund allocated for the promotion was still available at that time.)
That promotion is no longer available now.

This is what we got too. Nothing beyond that but we saved $187 by waiving Title Insurance, rang up a nice stack of credit card points, and were able to spread the payments over 90 days. That last one made it a lot more manageable to pay it off over the summer without incurring interest.

I sent you my DVC guide's contact info, Rich Wood, but didn't want to list his contact info publicly. I worked with him 10 days ago to buy VGF. From the first phone call to points in my account, it was only a few hours.

BTW, nice move selling a smaller VGF contract for $189/pt so you can buy direct at $161/pt. :)

This is what we got too. Nothing beyond that but we saved $187 by waiving Title Insurance, rang up a nice stack of credit card points, and were able to spread the payments over 90 days. That last one made it a lot more manageable to pay it off over the summer without incurring interest.
This is exactly what I talked about doing with my guide a couple of weeks ago. Though also thinking of splitting into two 75 point contracts. Decided to wait until July to purchase my August use year and reduce those prorated dues a little.

This is exactly what I talked about doing with my guide a couple of weeks ago. Though also thinking of splitting into two 75 point contracts. Decided to wait until July to purchase my August use year and reduce those prorated dues a little.
Has your guide told you if there will be any changes or additions to incentives in July?

When you say "each owner", do you mean each person on the deed? Or should each family just expect one box?

When I added my adult children to our RIV contract, they sent each of then a new backpack, but not one for DH and I who were owners already.

Last year, they sent one box for DH and I with the towel, magnet and water bottle.

When you say "each owner", do you mean each person on the deed? Or should each family just expect one box?
Hi. Each owner on the deed. Oh and there was a certificate in each box for each person on the deed. It included the membership year.

I had a contract with my dad from 1998. I did a new membership and contract with my husband this time.

Hi. Each owner on the deed. Oh and there was a certificate in each box for each person on the deed. It included the membership year.

I had a contract with my dad from 1998. I did a new membership and contract with my husband this time.

They must have started skimping on that because we just got one box like you described following out first direct purchase and the certificate was for "The _________ Family".

Maybe we'll get another for our most recent VGF direct purchase? It's under a different use year so not the same account number. I won't hold my breath, but it will be nice to have one for each of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter