Summer Disney Files

I wrote my epic letter to DVC earlier this week and addressed it to Jim Lewis. I got a phone call yesterday that they were forwarding it to Ryan March. Maybe Fall edition will be better. Or I'll get called out by Ryan March in his little Message from the Editor on page 2.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. Or our eyes will be crossed in the Fall. ;)

I wrote my epic letter to DVC earlier this week and addressed it to Jim Lewis. I got a phone call yesterday that they were forwarding it to Ryan March. Maybe Fall edition will be better. Or I'll get called out by Ryan March in his little Message from the Editor on page 2.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. Or our eyes will be crossed in the Fall. ;)

Well I might have to actually take a look at the Fall addition.

I just flip through it, after it's sat for a few days to age on the kitchen counter.

Mine arrived days ago and I have not even opened it, as I know it will be worthless junk.

Now after reading this thread I know I was right.

They killed trees for this junk? I agree with all the negative comments regarding Disney Files. Why even bother publishing it anymore?

I, um, cough cough, gurgle, kind of, um, like her (duck). I know she is corny, but....um :confused:

A lot of what we love about Disney is the corny humor. I just see Deevey as part of the kitchy side of Disney humor.

I like the member photos pages in the Disney Files. I don't expect the articles or letters from the editor/pres to be great literary works.

Why even bother publishing it anymore?

Probably the next step.

The member website has been a monumental failure as a news reporting vehicle. However, DVC has surprised me with the content they are publishing to Facebook.

A quarterly mag just doesn't cut it in today's web/FB/Twitter landscape. Even if Disney Files had more DVC-centric stories, 95% of it would be stuff that ardent followers picked up from websites and discussion boards weeks or months earlier.

Disney Files is just DVC's version of the Mickey Monitor. Without the generic Disney parks info and plugs for the latest resort(s), DF would be 4 pages long and almost entirely old news.

My copy went right in the recycle bin as well. They have gone from bad to worse...:(

I love the magazine but dislike Deevey. I don't have a huge problem with her but I skip her pages. :laughing:

A lot of what we love about Disney is the corny humor. I just see Deevey as part of the kitchy side of Disney humor.

I like the member photos pages in the Disney Files. I don't expect the articles or letters from the editor/pres to be great literary works.

I LOVE Deevey!!! and I can't agree with you more!! she is everything kitchy that we tend to love about Disney!! Saw her in person at an event once and she was just so much FUN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter