• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer Dining Credit

starousse

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

I booked one of the summer package specials with the dining credit ($150) per night. Was just curious how you get that credit? Is it just linked to your magic band or do you get a physical gift card with the full amount? Thanks.

Hi All,

I booked one of the summer package specials with the dining credit ($150) per night. Was just curious how you get that credit? Is it just linked to your magic band or do you get a physical gift card with the full amount? Thanks.
At check in you will get the gift card(s) emailed to you. It's not an actual card, you can get a print out of it or you can add it to your Apple Wallet. It is not linked to a MB and you cannot charge meals back to your room and pay with it at check out. There will be a barcode scanned at the dining location you are at for payment. If your credit is more than $1000, you will have 2 gift cards. When I go, I will have $1500, so one card for $1000 and one for $500.

At check in you will get the gift card(s) emailed to you. It's not an actual card, you can get a print out of it or you can add it to your Apple Wallet. It is not linked to a MB and you cannot charge meals back to your room and pay with it at check out. There will be a barcode scanned at the dining location you are at for payment. If your credit is more than $1000, you will have 2 gift cards. When I go, I will have $1500, so one card for $1000 and one for $500.
Thanks for that info. Do you know how you'd keep track of the charges/balance? Also, are there any restaurants on Disney property that you can't use this at?

Thanks for that info. Do you know how you'd keep track of the charges/balance? Also, are there any restaurants on Disney property that you can't use this at?
You can ask when you use it for a balance and I think you can go to the Disney gift card site and enter the number to see your balance. If you google "2023 Disney Dining Credit Package", it will take you to the Disney site where it gives more information (you may be able to search for it directly on the Disney site), there is a link to participating locations. I found some to be interesting, Gideon's was listed and I am curious about that! Candy kitchens and gift shops that sell "treats" are excluded.

You can ask when you use it for a balance and I think you can go to the Disney gift card site and enter the number to see your balance. If you google "2023 Disney Dining Credit Package", it will take you to the Disney site where it gives more information (you may be able to search for it directly on the Disney site), there is a link to participating locations. I found some to be interesting, Gideon's was listed and I am curious about that! Candy kitchens and gift shops that sell "treats" are excluded.
Thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter