• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer 2023 release date?

We were hoping to try Disney Alaska next year but seems like it’s a no go based on the price. Will probably do one of the Europe cruises on the Dream though which should be new and fun!
The prices were crazy! We were almost at 3x difference between RCCL and Disney for an Alaskan cruise in June. Not to mention RCCL will go out of Seattle which will less expensive than flying to Vancouver.

I haven't been keeping an eye on new release prices last year. I just want to get an idea of the differences of new release prices for Alaska cruise for 2022 compare to 2023. How much did they go up by (in percentage)?

We booked the 9-Day Alaska this morning - feels like half the victory is just getting through on the phone! Fortunately we had the discount for the Wish sailing cancelation, otherwise this would've been cost prohibitive. Now the waiting begins!

Hope to book Southampton to France 4 day cruise on the Dream in Aug 23 tomorrow however seeing the prices have gone up 10% in last 2 days is a bit worrying! (£200 each day for last 2 days for a concierge room)

Last edited:

Hope to book Southampton to France 4 day cruise on the Dream in Aug 23 tomorrow however seeing the prices have gone up 10% in last 2 days is a bit worrying! (£200 each day for last 2 days for a concierge room)

So some of the price increase was due to a change in the exchange rate being used at the start of the release (from Platinum to Gold). I've been curious and keeping an eye on pricing for this one. concierge room has now gone up around £300 in total since first release (I assume because the lower concierge rooms have actually sold out which is leading to only higher category ones being available). This was based on 2 people and about £200 of that was actually from the exchange rate change.

EDIT - I adjusted the price on this as originally I had put £1300 but this was because my computer had decided to search for accessible cabins only. Didn't spot til later in the day when these all sold out and the cruises completely disappeared

Last edited:
Is anyone else struggling with the “sudden swell message”? I’ve tried two computers and my iPhone - wifi and cell service and cleared cookies. Every time I try it look at staterooms, it tells me there is a sudden swell and won’t show the rooms available

Is anyone else struggling with the “sudden swell message”? I’ve tried two computers and my iPhone - wifi and cell service and cleared cookies. Every time I try it look at staterooms, it tells me there is a sudden swell and won’t show the rooms available

I may be doing something wrong, but I’m logged in with my silver status but still don’t see the ability to book and look up prices—it still says “coming soon!” for me.

I’m not actually booking—our TA is on it—but still wish I could see prices and availability!

Thanks Gizmo,

Of course, the exchange rate, although not too sure to pound has dropped that much against the USD but like the Staycation cruises demand outstrips supply & prices have even gone up since 1235 today.
So some of the price increase was due to a change in the exchange rate being used at the start of the release (from Platinum to Gold). I've been curious and keeping an eye on pricing for this one. concierge room has now gone up around £1300 in total since first release (I assume because the lower concierge rooms have actually sold out which is leading to only higher category ones being available). This was based on 2 people.

Last edited:
I had a nightmare of a day with booking, 1st World problem I know but so frustrating.
Couldn't do it online as it had my date of birth set as 1900 for some reason, couldn't call until I finished work. Phone line engaged for 2.5 hours, finally got through and advised wait time was 212 minutes! In the end I was on hold for 2 hours, our preferred stateroom then wasn't available so settled for something similar.
Very glad we're booked, wish it wasn't such a palava.

I may be doing something wrong, but I’m logged in with my silver status but still don’t see the ability to book and look up prices—it still says “coming soon!” for me.

I’m not actually booking—our TA is on it—but still wish I could see prices and availability!

o&smom you will be happy to know it all worked out! I’m still having the issue, but our TA got us exactly the 4A cabin we wanted for only $45 more than the price you quoted for me on Monday. I’m very happy despite the technical difficulties!!

o&smom you will be happy to know it all worked out! I’m still having the issue, but our TA got us exactly the 4A cabin we wanted for only $45 more than the price you quoted for me on Monday. I’m very happy despite the technical difficulties!!
Do you by chance live in Astoria, OR? (Your name). We live in Happy Valley, just outside of Portland.

Do you by chance live in Astoria, OR? (Your name). We live in Happy Valley, just outside of Portland.

Alas, we are from the other Astoria, in NY! Or at least we were when I joined, we’re in CT now. But I’ve always wanted to see OR, it sounds so beautiful!

Thanks Gizmo,

Of course, the exchange rate, although not too sure to pound has dropped that much against the USD but like the Staycation cruises demand outstrips supply & prices have even gone up since 1235 today.

My pricing yesterday mind was completely wrong - for some reason the accessible thing had been clicked so it hadn't gone up that much!

The exchange rate is not live updated on Disney they use a set rate for a set period and then change it. They changed it Tuesday which was the first jump - I think they dropped it to 1.23 from 1.26 or something like that. You could tell because the $ price didn't actually change at all.

They did go up yesterday though during the day around £250 for concierge looking at it for the 4 nighters. Its about a £600 increase since platinum booking and around £200 of this was due to the change in the exchange rate on Tuesday that DCL was using.

The prices were crazy! We were almost at 3x difference between RCCL and Disney for an Alaskan cruise in June. Not to mention RCCL will go out of Seattle which will less expensive than flying to Vancouver.
There is so much to do in and around Vancouver. You are really missing out if you skip Vancouver.

There is so much to do in and around Vancouver. You are really missing out if you skip Vancouver.
There's a lot to do in Seattle too. We flew into Seattle and drove to Vancouver. It's a beautiful 2.5-hour drive. Now with rental car and gas prices, I don't know if that's a cost-saving idea anymore.

I'm disappointed in the one Northern European cruise. Celebrity Cruise has an awesome itinerary that I will be booking. I don't mind the extra cost for Disney but I can't get into the itinerary. I might do a California Disney cruise just to sail on the happiest ship on earth again
My son will be 18 next Summer. I think he'd still have the most fun on DCL and I'd eat the cost, but the itineraries stink compared to other cruise lines. I don't know if you've checked out NCL, but they have two new ships in Europe next year one sailing Northern itineraries and one doing Southern. They have one leaving out of Venice that sails to Croatia, the Greek Isles, and two stops in Turkey on their new ship Viva.

Princess also has some two-week itineraries with awesome itineraries. I've done the Med, northern Europe, Iceland, and two TA's. I'm looking for something in the Med and Greek isles without the traditional ports. I have found quite a few that I really like, but I haven't completely ruled out the 9 night on DCL either.

I'm going to check out Celebrity. I feel like Celebrity and Princess might not be a good fit for an 18-year-old?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter