Summer 2022 Dates are out on the ABD website

Wow, I hadn't checked in here for a while and I completely missed seeing the 2022 adventures. Which is crazy since we have taken 10+ ABDs, and have a travel agent. I can't believe I didn't get a single email letting me know or even see it on Facebook.

Wow, I hadn't checked in here for a while and I completely missed seeing the 2022 adventures. Which is crazy since we have taken 10+ ABDs, and have a travel agent. I can't believe I didn't get a single email letting me know or even see it on Facebook.
We are 7 or 8 and I didn’t get anything either. :( i saw it here.
I didn't get anything from ABD either, and I'm at 11 ABDs. I heard about it from a TA on facebook, and later got an email from my TA.

Sayhello

I got an email on Monday morning from ABD saying booking for 2022 was open. But, I'd already seen this thread and asked my TA to book for us. In fact, I got the email from her saying she'd booked our trip 3 hours before I got the email from ABD.

We booked Italy July 5, 2022 (got the EBD; when I checked ABD a couple days later, it doesn't show the EBD avail anymore for our date). I'm so glad we used a TA, I can't imagine sitting on hold for 6+ hours.

Booked a trip to New Zealand on Monday. Called on the Costco line and got through immediately. Was appalled to hear about how long people had to wait on the main number.

Today called the regular line to add trip insurance and was on hold twice for an hour each time before I had to hang up and the third time after 45 minutes on hold I called in at the same time using my cell on the Costco line and again got right in. Added the trip insurance and completed the transaction and was still having the hold music playing in the background on the land line.
I originally posted this on the insiders forum on Facebook But was told by that moderator that the post had to be deleted if I mentioned anyone other than her. I do appreciate the dis boards because they are far more flexible in allowing people to talk about the whole ABD process and I appreciate their services as well.

Hearing the “hold time” stories from yesterday plus seeing some of the EBDs disappear this morning caused me to call today and lock in Japan for 2022. Only waited on hold for about 10 minutes.

SO EXCITED for our 1st ABD trip. Now I just need to learn everything I can about Tokyo Disney including how to book a package there since ABD is not currently offering a Tokyo Disney extension / add-on.
Which date did you book for Japan? My husband and I are booked for May 22, adult exclusive. This will be our 4th ABD

We booked opening day. I received a heads-up email and didn't have a huge wait--must have gotten lucky. I think my wait was around 20 minutes. We booked Japan and got the EBD. Today I noticed the price increased for my departure by $1200 per person.

Which date did you book for Japan? My husband and I are booked for May 22, adult exclusive. This will be our 4th ABD

we booked for August, 2022. It’s my wife and I and our three children. This is our first ABD.

I will certainly be following your trip if you are willing to share here.

Just curious, for you and others who are repeat ABDers, what is it about ABD that keeps you going back. And what is it about ABD that is “worth” the premium for you?

Has anyone done an Escape without doing the associated cruise? Worth it? Too expensive compared to what you get? Trying to find a way to do London not with a long organized tour, but with some help getting into a bunch of the important sites - would then stay and do our own thing for a few more days. A few Sept 2022 dates seem like they would work for when I hope we feel comfortable traveling internationally.

We did the Barcelona Escape without the cruise. We loved it. The group was a bit bigger than the regular land ABDs but still manageable. Only about half the folks were going on to the cruise after, the rest of us booked as a stand alone.

We just booked Italy for Christmas 2022. We got the EBD despite waiting until today. We have a great TA who is always totally on the ball. We have not done that trip but know it's a favorite of many. I blame Stanley Tucci (if you have not seen his show on CNN be sure to catch it!) for making me rabid to go to Italy ASAP. I hope we have some folks from the board joining us! We are thinking of adding a quick trip to Milan at the end. I know it will be cold but Stanley made it sound amazing.

We just booked Italy for Christmas 2022. We got the EBD despite waiting until today. We have a great TA who is always totally on the ball. We have not done that trip but know it's a favorite of many. I blame Stanley Tucci (if you have not seen his show on CNN be sure to catch it!) for making me rabid to go to Italy ASAP. I hope we have some folks from the board joining us! We are thinking of adding a quick trip to Milan at the end. I know it will be cold but Stanley made it sound amazing.
We really enjoyed this trip. We did a post day to go to the opera in an old Doge's palace - you move from room to room for the scene changes. Fabulous ending to a great trip.

We did pre-days to stay at a great hotel close to the train station and spent several days in Vatican city, as well as a tour of Scavii under the Basilica, St. Peter's tomb, and sat for the Pope's talk in St. Peter's square (lots of pre-registration required, but totally worth it. ) We also took the train for a day trip to go to Pompeii and Sorrento. Adults only, and there is a reason it's one of their most popular trips. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter