Summer 2021 thoughts wishes.

We're on a Baltic cruise this Summer. I think after this we are done with Europe for a while. We've done the Med, Greek Isles, Iceland, and a couple of TA's I'd like to do a Panama cruise in 2021 or 2022. I'd like to see some better ports offered on those.

I would love a chance for Greece, although this year when I looked early on it was crazy $$$ as we all know. We are a fam of 5 so that throws us into $$$ category!

I also really want to do the Baltic cruise. We've been to Copenhagen and Stockholm but I do want to see Finland, Estonia, and Russia as well.

I love the idea of a north Transatlantic, hitting Iceland, Greenland, Nova Scotia, etc...!

I would love a chance for Greece, although this year when I looked early on it was crazy $$$ as we all know. We are a fam of 5 so that throws us into $$$ category!

I also really want to do the Baltic cruise. We've been to Copenhagen and Stockholm but I do want to see Finland, Estonia, and Russia as well.

I love the idea of a north Transatlantic, hitting Iceland, Greenland, Nova Scotia, etc...!
My 9yr old DD cannot stop talking about going to Greenland. This would be great!

Oh my I love the Baltic cruise. So much to see, sometimes unexpected surprises. Definitely worth the trouble of the flights. We were there last time with our kids and they loved it. We stayed 2 nights in Copenhagen before we boarded. A really pretty city and the weather was perfect. Our cruise was completely focused on the kids having the best time (you know it: kids happy, parents happy). If you have decided to go an book a Baltic cruise I highly recommend using a local travel agent to arrange your tours. This way you can customize the tours to what interest you and the kids. And then if you are in a museum and the kids starts to get bored (loud) you can just move on to the next place in the itinerary. For us, we found Anastasia travel to help us with all the tours in most of the cities during our Baltic. They made St Petersburg come to life for us with all the stories Alina shared with us.

Oh my I love the Baltic cruise. So much to see, sometimes unexpected surprises. Definitely worth the trouble of the flights. We were there last time with our kids and they loved it. We stayed 2 nights in Copenhagen before we boarded. A really pretty city and the weather was perfect. Our cruise was completely focused on the kids having the best time (you know it: kids happy, parents happy). If you have decided to go an book a Baltic cruise I highly recommend using a local travel agent to arrange your tours. This way you can customize the tours to what interest you and the kids. And then if you are in a museum and the kids starts to get bored (loud) you can just move on to the next place in the itinerary. For us, we found Anastasia travel to help us with all the tours in most of the cities during our Baltic. They made St Petersburg come to life for us with all the stories Alina shared with us.
How old were your kids when you did this cruise?

Magic schedules change up every few years. We did Norway in July four years ago, but now the northern cruises are during another period of the summer run. The Greece cruises might not return. They took a 5-years hiatus on them last time.

Wonder in Alaska, Dream and Fantasy doing the same old runs.

The schedule should be released at the end of February or beginning of March.
Did you see that someone posted port dates in Greece for the Magic summer of 2021! :)

We have two European cruises booked this summer. Our schools recently changed the school year start date so that nixed the first cruise date. We then booked the Iceland trip because it was relatively cheaper than a lot of others, accounting for the amount of days onboard. Now we are thinking of rebooking for 2021, given the price everything is going to cost (cruise, shore excursions, connecting flights, Copenhagen hotel before cruise). It's a ton of money (think new car amount). We can transfer our OBB for 2021 too.

We have two European cruises booked this summer. Our schools recently changed the school year start date so that nixed the first cruise date. We then booked the Iceland trip because it was relatively cheaper than a lot of others, accounting for the amount of days onboard. Now we are thinking of rebooking for 2021, given the price everything is going to cost (cruise, shore excursions, connecting flights, Copenhagen hotel before cruise). It's a ton of money (think new car amount). We can transfer our OBB for 2021 too.
I know I was shocked by how much airfare was going to be to Copenhagen plus how much time it would take us to get there 21 hours through 3 airports my DH does not do that kind of travel well! I think we have settled on Hawaii this summer with flights, hotels, food, and excursions it will be half the cost of that cruise alone and the same price a 7 night eastern on the Fantasy. I'm hoping for some good pricing on opening day for summer 2021! Since we don't go back to school until after labor day I love going that last week in August.

yeah, we have a placeholder deposit and we are waiting on that May Alaska cruise that should be announced. the Wonder positions herself to be in Vancouver when it those cruises should start. And if it hold true, I will be on an Alaska Cruise for my 47th Birthday.

I know I was shocked by how much airfare was going to be to Copenhagen plus how much time it would take us to get there 21 hours through 3 airports my DH does not do that kind of travel well! I think we have settled on Hawaii this summer with flights, hotels, food, and excursions it will be half the cost of that cruise alone and the same price a 7 night eastern on the Fantasy. I'm hoping for some good pricing on opening day for summer 2021! Since we don't go back to school until after labor day I love going that last week in August.

We did a Baltic cruise last summer. We tacked on a few days in London, then 1 day in Copenhagen before sailing. Afterwards, we flew to Paris and did a few days there (staying at Disneyland Paris) before flying home. We used BA points on the way out. Home on Air France was cheaper from Copenhagen with a 4 day layover in Paris than flying home from Paris would have been without the first leg?? :confused3 Expensive, but a lot of fun and timing was perfect for us.

I’d like a 1 way Alaska itinerary so I can do some land sight seeing at Denali

that's the reason we sailed on royal in alaska, instead of disney...
we did a southbound, starting with a week in mainland alaska before the cruise (DIY)..
it's was beyond amazing!!!
if DCL came out with an Alaska one way, we would certainly go with them next time around...

We had the 7 night Northern Europe/Baltic cruise booked for this coming August but cancelled because yes, flights are super expensive and so many stops. Jeez. We are from Vancouver and have tons of direct flight options all over Europe but Copenhagen is not one of them. So we're keeping our eyes open for the 2021 Northern Europe cruises and hoping to pull the trigger, plus our kids will be that much older to enjoy it (and I have a placeholder with the now-defunct OBC that I hope I can use as it expires end of August 2021).

We are a family of 5 too and the Greece cruise was insanely priced for us, so much that I couldn't help but wonder how anyone could really justify the cost (I try not to say things like that too!). It was something like $18,000-22,000 US for the 9 night. It doesn't help that with 5 there are few rooms on the Magic that will suit so it's either one super expensive room or two pretty expensive rooms :D

Although I am not sure we will keep it, we are booked on an NCL ship to Greece, 11 nights for about 1/4 of the cost.

I have been stalking this summer's 10 night norway, iceland, and Scotland but the price tag is steep for 4 and DH has to have a midship verandah. Whatever we end up doing I will book opening day so we can get the lowest price and stateroom we want. Do any of the summer cruises get discounted a month or 2 out?

This summer's cruise is actually "reasonable" for DCL in Europe. Last summer's and 2018 were actually more expensive. It's a fantastic itinerary and I hope you get the chance to try it one year. As for Copenhagen, it's not horrible to get to. Inter-Europe flights are pretty cheap, actually, so you can book a TR through London and then just add on a one way from there to CPH. Copenhagen is a fantastic city to tour, for both adults and kids, and it's worth a visit IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter