• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Suites hotel with great pool near disney

disney144

Mouseketeer
We are looking to visit orlando for a last minute trip. I am pregnant and we are traveling with a toddler, so will probably spend a lot of time at the resort. Looking for a suites hotel (need a separate sleeping space for toddlers crib) with a great pool near Disney. We’re considering WBC but wondering if there are any other options we should be exploring.

We are looking to visit orlando for a last minute trip. I am pregnant and we are traveling with a toddler, so will probably spend a lot of time at the resort. Looking for a suites hotel (need a separate sleeping space for toddlers crib) with a great pool near Disney. We’re considering WBC but wondering if there are any other options we should be exploring.

Is 'suites' a brand or are you looking for a 'suite'? Sheraton Vistana sounds perfect for you. Two caveats - there have been complaints of bad wi fi and cellular although I experienced rock solid connection the whole time and most people say it is good. With a toddler, you will probably need a car - it is a big resort. I went with my wife and two girls - aged 8 and 10 and we didn't get a car. We were directly opposite a pool, restaurant and the on site shop. We also used ubers which were perfect. But if you can't get a specific location the resort is, as I say, very big - each section has its own amenities but something to consider. They have a shuttle you can call but it is pretty slow.

Is 'suites' a brand or are you looking for a 'suite'? Sheraton Vistana sounds perfect for you. Two caveats - there have been complaints of bad wi fi and cellular although I experienced rock solid connection the whole time and most people say it is good. With a toddler, you will probably need a car - it is a big resort. I went with my wife and two girls - aged 8 and 10 and we didn't get a car. We were directly opposite a pool, restaurant and the on site shop. We also used ubers which were perfect. But if you can't get a specific location the resort is, as I say, very big - each section has its own amenities but something to consider. They have a shuttle you can call but it is pretty slow.
Thank you! We plan to rent a car. By suites we just need a separate sleeping space, so either a 1 bedroom condo or a hotel with a living room area. My toddler doesn’t nap unless she’s in her own space.

Which Sheraton vistana do you recommend for quick access to Disney and good pools for littles? Village or resort?

Thank you!

Thank you! We plan to rent a car. By suites we just need a separate sleeping space, so either a 1 bedroom condo or a hotel with a living room area. My toddler doesn’t nap unless she’s in her own space.

Which Sheraton vistana do you recommend for quick access to Disney and good pools for littles? Village or resort?

Thank you!

The only one I have been to is the one at 8800 Vistana Centre Drive. My kids can swim and are 8 and 10 so I have to say I didn't really consider whether they would be good for toddlers. The shallow end seemed pretty shallow. And there were definitely very young kids there.

I’m not sure what WBC means?
It seems like this question has been asked repeatedly and answered recently. You can click on the words Orlando Hotels and Attractions and many of these thread will surface.
I personally would choose the Homewood Suites just off Walt DisneyWorld Western Way exit over by Animal Kingdom side of the world.
This area has many brand new really nice franchise hotels .
I have driven around this area often as more restaurants are opening with the nice Target , CVS .
Homewood Suites has a lot of nice amenities . Fair price. And is the only resort pool with slide in this new Flamingo Crossing location that also has a nice indoor / outdoor bar.
425B9719-DC0A-4CED-AE53-489AE26CB75A.png

Hope that helps.
Let us know where you stay and if it was a perfect choice to help others trying to plan with a baby and crib .
Have a great last minute trip !

I was going to suggest the same thing.

I’m not sure what WBC means?
It seems like this question has been asked repeatedly and answered recently. You can click on the words Orlando Hotels and Attractions and many of these thread will surface.
I personally would choose the Homewood Suites just off Walt DisneyWorld Western Way exit over by Animal Kingdom side of the world.
This area has many brand new really nice franchise hotels .
I have driven around this area often as more restaurants are opening with the nice Target , CVS .
Homewood Suites has a lot of nice amenities . Fair price. And is the only resort pool with slide in this new Flamingo Crossing location that also has a nice indoor / outdoor bar.
View attachment 702145

Hope that helps.
Let us know where you stay and if it was a perfect choice to help others trying to plan with a baby and crib .
Have a great last minute trip !
WBC means Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

It’s close to Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. You have to actually drive under the welcome to Disney sign to get there, so it almost feels like staying onsite.

WBC one and two bedroom villas can be found for good prices on eBay. The drawback is the no cancellation policy.

It’s a quick last minute trip !
Those resorts are huge and lots of hassle .
The new suite hotels off the Western Way exit are a quick drive on& off property. This is the location that the new College Internship Flamingo Village housing has been built, Very safe area with lots of new fast food restaurants like 5 Guys , Starbucks .

Plus a cancel policy ( verify it might be 6 day cancel policy which is new.
I think many resorts had a 5 day cancel policy., I still remember day of cancellations …

Last edited:
Check out the Holiday Inn suites resort and waterpark suites near Disney, great for kids.

Last edited:
Check out the Nickelodeon suites near Disney, great for kids.

That hotel closed in 2016… it is now a new hotel ( deleted name ) that was closed and shuttered w/ pandemic and remained closed and is only recently re-opened and I actually thought it was homeless people taking over until I realized they had like reopened overnight.
I guess the rates must be really reasonable because I see lots of cars parked there but I would never recommend it …
I decided to delete the name because of my negative comments and have not actually stayed there. But I do live near WDW .
So weird to see somebody recommend Nicklelodeon .
Is that a joke?

Wishing the original poster Lots of luck !

That hotel closed in 2016… it is now a new hotel ( deleted name ) that was closed and shuttered w/ pandemic and remained closed and is only recently re-opened and I actually thought it was homeless people taking over until I realized they had like reopened overnight.
I guess the rates must be really reasonable because I see lots of cars parked there but I would never recommend it …
I decided to delete the name because of my negative comments and have not actually stayed there. But I do live near WDW .
So weird to see somebody recommend Nicklelodeon .
Is that a joke?

Wishing the original poster Lots of luck !
If you see the post above this, holiday inn suites and resort.. that's the same hotel.
We were going to stay there cause the rate was so good but then the resort fee was 50 a day so I was back to square one.
I will tell you , I will never stay at coco key again. It was so run down.

Thanks for the reminder of Added fees, etc cause I never seem to remember that. After all these years of extra fees for everything.
I think I read that “fees“are not considered as income so the fees are not included on yearly tax for these corporations…

Also notice instead of 5 day cancel policy it has changed to 6 day Cancel . And need a lawyer to read customer disclosure fine print …!

I’ve never stayed at WBC but I’m a fan of Wyndham hotels and have used vacation strategy site to book them in Atlantic City and Maryland. If I were to stay offsite at Disney I would choose WBC. I have a friend that stayed there and they loved it. Especially the pool complex.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter