Suitcase countdown

I know they're making trouble in other areas that way like with the parking fees, but what I'm wondering is why take away something that already existed? I don't see a cost savings in taking away a cool little graphic that just appears on people's cell phones. Just to look more basic and unmagical... Dumb. I've been a Disney fan forever bc they do things differently/better. That's why I'm willing to spend more for Disney vacations, including this cruise - my first one - than I would on another line (Alaska's way cheaper elsewhere, from what I understand).

I honestly was looking forward to the suitcase and noticed right away when I booked my cruise that it was missing. I'll survive of course! :rolleyes2 I'm so thankful to be able to go! Just was a bit perplexed by the unmagical change.

I have avoided updating my app until I get on the ship for this exact reason!

I haven't updated it on one of my devices. The new update won't work on older devices now, where the old one did. I wonder if you don't update it, if it'll still work onboard. Some apps, if you don't update it, it won't work properly, or at all.

I haven't updated it on one of my devices. The new update won't work on older devices now, where the old one did. I wonder if you don't update it, if it'll still work onboard. Some apps, if you don't update it, it won't work properly, or at all.
For the moment, it does. My wife had the old version and I had the new one a few weeks ago on Wonder. Her version worked just like before.

From Scott @TheDCLBlog

FYI - the new @DisneyCruise Navigator app will inform you that your washer or dryer is finished! Didn't wash any clothes this last cruise, but another passenger did show me their app notification. Really great enhancement!

8:56 AM - 26 Mar 2018

So that's kinda neat for those who do laundry onboard.

From Scott @TheDCLBlog

So that's kinda neat for those who do laundry onboard.
yeah - but it kept sending me updates whenver the machine i used the first time was in use again, even though i wasn't doing a load. Not so cool to get an update that washer #4 on deck 2 just started a load at 2:30 am, then one 25 minutes later that it was done and to come get my laundry out as a courtesy to other cruisers.

yeah - but it kept sending me updates whenver the machine i used the first time was in use again, even though i wasn't doing a load. Not so cool to get an update that washer #4 on deck 2 just started a load at 2:30 am, then one 25 minutes later that it was done and to come get my laundry out as a courtesy to other cruisers.

Well that's entirely stupid. And there was no way to stop it, I assume? How annoying.

Well, I'm with the majority of folks here. I knew that the app was updated some time ago but now that I've got my DCL cruise booked and its full steam ahead, I went and downloaded the app onto my phone for the countdown. I thought the app was nice until I saw the ugly countdown clock. What is Disney doing...:sad2:

I agree with Quellman that everyone should vote it one star and leave a comment telling them to bring back the suitcase.

Last edited:
Well, I'm with the majority of folk here. I knew that the app was updated some time ago but now that I've got my DCL cruise booked and its full steam ahead, I went and downloaded the app onto my phone for the countdown. I thought the app was nice until I saw the ugly countdown clock. What is Disney doing...:sad2:

I agree with Quellman that everyone should vote it one star and leave a comment telling them to bring back the suitcase.
Going to do it now! Right away!!
DONE!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter