Suggestions welcome

newfiegirl

Hello Mickey!
We are a family of four, two teenage boys, myself and my husband. We like all types of food. looking for a good food and good priced TS restaurant in each park for dinner. I know Disney prices are a higher, but looking for tried and true sit down meals. Anything goes but we want a break from parks lol

Jungle Skipper Canteen in Magic Kingdom

Chefs du France in Epcot

Mama Melrose (cheaper) or Brown Derby (more expensive but way better) in Studios

Tusker House in Animal Kingdom

When at the Magic Kingdom. many prefer TS at the monorail resorts. But, in park, popular favorites are Jungle Skipper Cantina for a la carte and Diamond Horseshoe/Liberty Tree Tavern for "family style (both restaurant serve the same menu).

In Epcot, there are so many choices because of World Showcase, you may find it easy to pick one you want to try. But I recommend Biergarten at the Germany pavilion (buffet).

Tusker House in the AK is our favorite "character dining". Yak and Yeti and Tiffins are also popular.

Reactions: nyy

I suggest taking the Monorail over to Steakhouse 71 on your Magic Kingdom day, it's excellent!

And if you're open to going over to AKL for a meal, you can't go wrong with Boma.

Plaza Restaurant and Skipper in MK. We also like to sit upstairs at Columbia Harbor House after Mobile Ordering Lobster Rolls.

Yak & Yeti upstairs again, lol and inside Satuli Canteen after Mobile Order QS for AK.

Sci-Fi and mobile order at ABC commissary in HS - both are always nice and cold inside!

Epcot has a ton of choices.

All the other suggestions we like between the food, atmosphere, cooling off and not breaking the bank.

MK - The only TS place I'd recommend is Skipper Canteen which we love. Otherwise head one of the monorail resorts for dinner (Steakhouse 71 is a good option and you can walk there) or take the boat to Wilderness Lodge and go to Geyser Point or Whispering Canyon.
AK - We enjoy Yak and Yeti, and while Tiffins is wonderful it is super expensive. We actually prefer Nomad Lounge - same kitchen and you can easily make a meal out of their small plates.
HS - The only place I'd recommend there is the Hollywood Brown Derby. We also enjoy the HBD Lounge if the weather is nice as you can order off of the lounge menu or the full HBD menu and no ADR's required.
EP - So many great options - We enjoy Spice Road Table, Via Napoli and Le Cellier. It all depends on what you're looking for. There is also a new Japanese restaurant opening soon which looks intriguing. Though honestly we usually just munch our way around the festival booths.

Reactions: nyy

Epcot = Le Cellier
Animal Kingdom = Tusker House
Magic Kingdom = Beast's Castle (unpopular choice, but we love the atmosphere)
Hollywood Studios = Brown Derby

Happy Planning :)

With 2 teenage boys I think you might like Via Napoli for EPCOT. The have a huge pizza, a fun atmosphere, and reasonable prices. The pizza is awesome - our son, 17 at the time, ate a whole huge pizza by himself and got a pic with the servers! They have a full Italian menu if you don't all want pizza.

For Magic Kingdom, we like Skipper Canteen. We are not adventurous eaters, so we get steak or chicken. Great location, great theme and great service.
We also really like Steakhouse 71 at the Contemporary. The only downside there is that it is not a very unique restaurant - but the resort is!

For AK, we do Rainforest Cafe, which most people here on the boards dislike. We love it for the unique theme, food is like Applebees quality. Not expensive for Disney.

For HS, people like HDB, but we have never been. We are trying Mama Melrose this trip with the Fantasmic package.

Here are our favorite TS lunches or dinners:

MK - BOG, Liberty Tree Tavern, and Tony’s.
Epcot - Space220, Chefs de France, Tutto Italia, Le Cellier, and Coral Reef.
HS - 50’s Prime Time Cafe and Hollywood Brown Derby.
AK - Rainforest Cafe.
DS - The Boathouse.
Resorts - Boma.

It really makes it hard with so many POV - which I find interesting.

MK - the worse for TS. If the boys are eaters I would for sure do Liberty Tree Tavern. Good thanksgiving meal, all you can eat. You can't go wrong. Plaza has value for the price, basic menu. Truly I don't think ANY of the others is a value.

EPCOT - Biergarten if you like that style, all you can eat, entertainment, great atmosphere. Restaurants there have gotten more expensive and food more meh over the years sadly, no longer "let's hop to EPCOT for dinner". Last week we had lunch at Spice Road (inside) and it was AWESOME!!! and huge value. If you'd like a break take the SkyLiner to CBR's Sebastian Bistro. Ate there last month with my grown boys and one of our best meals and best values.

DHS - 50's Prime is a good filling home cooked meal with a lower price tag. Ate there last week. DS got the Sampler platter = get to eat all their main dishes. Sci Fi is value for the dollar, we eat there a couple times a year. And it is very unique and fun. Last week had lunch at Brown Derby and what a treat. Got the Charcuterie Board and we each got a Cobb Salad. VERY relaxing.

AK - Rainforest Cafe has something for everyone and a nice break from the day but Yak & Yeti is excellent. Honestly we enjoy eating at Satuli' Canteen then take another break at Nomad Lounge with small plates and drinks.

AK - Tiffins or Nomad Lounge (small plates, so maybe not for teen boys)
MK - Liberty Tree Tavern
DHS - Hollywood Brown Derby
EP - Via Napoli; Le Cellier

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter