Suggestions on Paint Colors

TexasCourt

DIS Veteran
Ok, so DF has a house in Texas (when we get married, I will move in with him), where he is currently working on a project for his job. He will be done with the job in May of 2008, but we are going to keep this house as a 2nd home/beach home, and rent it out when we are not using it. We have been wanting to paint it since he bought it last June, and he finally painted the accent wall a rust color. It looks so much better!

Before:
DSC016562-1.jpg

After:
DSC01698.jpg

DSC01699.jpg

DSC01701.jpg

DSC01702.jpg

I just cannot get over what a difference the paint makes!!!:eek: Ok, so now we want to paint the other wall in the living room, and I am looking for opinions. I think a yellow would look really great (maybe a warmer yellow like a winter wheat or something). What do y'all think? It will have to go with the rust color that is on the accent wall, since the floor plan is open. TIA!:goodvibes

Current:
DSC016612-1.jpg

I think a warm yellow would look great! I'm thinking of using that type of color in our loft. We have a red accent wall as well in our family room. The rest of the walls around it are a light caramel color. You know the color they use in all of the model homes these days. We love it! What a difference paint can make.

I just painted our extra bedroom with a bright aqua color and then used all black and white accessories and furniture. It came out beautiful. It's really just an office/craft room but it looks like it has a purpose now. I put up some black letters on the wall that spell out CREATE. I put a black and white valance over the window and organized all the scrapbooking/craft supplies in black photo boxes and white organizer drawers. I love it!

Hello,

I think a light yellow would look great or get a bit more daring and experiment with a lighter sage green to compliment your furniture. Try going to roomvues.com and search through all the painted rooms there. I think you'll get some great ideas. Also, as nice as your accent wall photos look you should upload it on their site and share it with others. Best wishes! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter