Suggestions needed-Picky eaters

Astonemo1514

Earning My Ears
We are going on our 5th trip to Disney in November. I preface this by saying meals are not super important to our family. We want to spend our time riding and seeing everything the park has to offer. I have 2 girls- 17 and 13 both are fairly picky eaters. For our last trips we have tried to pick at least 1 or 2 "nicer" places to eat (ie prime time, Chef Mickey, Crystal) but I am not sure what to try this time. Every time we go I say I refuse to eat burgers and chicken fingers the entire trip but it seems we always end up with these grab and go meals as our main staples. At Epcot we generally plan a day of grabbing all the showcase has to offer so I don't generally need a suggestion from this park (can't wait to have the fish and chips again). I specifically would love a suggestion at MK & HS, (at AK the kids never seem to notice the food so we generally make that sandwich day). We will be there 5 days/nights. I appreciate any suggestions.

I am not sure how you wind up with burgers and fries. WDW CS restaurants have a wide variety to choose from.

For MK Counter Service I would suggest BOG, Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bill or Columbia Harbor House. There is a wide variety of meals that are not grab and go, but that have hot food or sandwiches if preferable.

in DHS the CS meals are not as varied, IMO, however here you could look at Sci Fi Drive in for TS. It is more than burgers and fries but they are on the Table Service menu.

In DAK again the variety is wide. For CS options look at Flame Tree, Satuli Canteen, and Yak and Yeti.

In terms of "nicer" meals, have you considered 1900 Park Fare for dinner? It is fun, and is Buffet. For picky eaters, there should be something on the menu.

We do CS and that is generally how we end up with burgers and fries. I know there is a variety at CS places but when the kids and dh see burgers and chicken their minds are closed to every other option. We did Whispering Canyon last time and everyone so enjoyed it. I enjoy locations like Prime Time, Crystal Palace, etc. I just am always confused with so many options. If it was just dh and I, I would have no trouble.....try them all!!!;-) I want something fun that my picky children will think is worth taking a few extra minutes to experience. Thanks for the Park Fare suggestion I will be looking at that for sure.

How are they for breakfast? If you planned a fun breakfast the CS choices might not be as dreary. Personally, I look at menus and head to a restaurant that offers a variety. COsmic Rays, Sunshine Seasons, Backlot Express, they all offer burgers, but there are other options you could choose.

Depending on the Season, Minnie's Seasonal Dine in DHS is fun, and again, it is a variety of buffet food for dinner.

At DHS I would definitely recommend Sci Fi. It's one of the best themed restaurants on property. They have the standard burgers, fries, shakes for the kids and also some decent salad, steak, and pasta entrees for the parents.

At MK - Liberty Tree Tavern has a classic menu of turkey, mashed potatoes, etc and is served family style. Crystal Palace is a character buffet that would offer a lot of different options for picky eaters.

My DD and myself are the picky eaters. Before choosing a TS we read what is on the menu. I have liked Liberty Tree Tavern and Be Our Guest in MK. I do think DD ate much at Liberty Tree Tavern though. I think she just ate macaroni and cheese. At AK I loved Flame Tree BBQ. We have never stayed for a TS here though. HS we tend to eat at Hollywood and Vine. Not the best but a buffet and the liked it. We have also liked Boatrights at Port Orleans Riverside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter