• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Suggestions for Festival of Arts?

apurrazz

Earning My Ears
Has anyone been to the Festival of Arts? Is there anything in particular that I should set out to see or do (or eat or drink)? If you've already been, what was your favorite part? I'll be there 2/2-2/5 for a solo trip.

Has anyone been to the Festival of Arts? Is there anything in particular that I should set out to see or do (or eat or drink)? If you've already been, what was your favorite part? I'll be there 2/2-2/5 for a solo trip.

I haven’t gone yet but I recommend reading the menus and reviews from Disney Food Blog and EasyWDW. I made a list of food and drinks that sound good. I also want to paint squares on the mural.

I was there solo from 1/15 to 1/22, but I mostly just wandered around and nibbled at the food booths. I didn't do any of the special Festival events, although the Figment mural wall looked really neat. As far as the nibbles go, I thought that the deconstructed BLT and the non-alcoholic deconstructed breakfast drink at the Deconstructed Dish were really good. The taiyaki at the Japanese booth was yummy, but the red bean flavor was more subtle than I was expecting. I was glad that it came with whipped cream and a little bit of sesame frosting/sauce, it added some sweetness that the dish needed. The sipping chocolate at the American booth is, in fact, melted down chocolate and not hot cocoa like I was expecting. Two of them were really good; the third was good, but so thick it was like drinking fudge. I took my cup of that back to my room with me, stuck it in the fridge, and ate it with a spoon the next day. I tried the panda rice cake and the shrimp tower at the Chinese booth. I wish they had done more with the rice cake - it was literally just sweet rice formed together into a round face with round ears, with seaweed paper stuck on to form the panda face. Compared to the interesting things the other booths are doing with food, it just felt really plain to me. The shrimp tower was good but not enough food for the price. The charcuterie board from Canada was really yummy, but I wish it had come with one more cheese to try. It was very meat heavy, with like four-ish different meats and only two cheeses. The ingredients were all top-notch, though.

We just got back a few weeks ago. Wife, myself and adult kids went. From a solo viewpoint, I don’t think much changes.

We loved it. Better then the food and wine, for us. Less crowded and we loved the various events

Do the paint Figment near the entrance to world showcase. Then the pavilion near Mexico had people drawing and you can follow along. They 3 donuts app was really good.

Be sure to get a guide book and look at the times. That helped a ton to find stuff.. We missed the Vikings in Norway as they are random. But got the rest

Oh they have a kids thing but who cares, we did it as adults and loved it. You get a passport (free) and then there are charcoal imprint stations to get the stamp from the country. We had fun doing that in each country

Italy had an amazing eggplant and tomatoe app. America has super scallop. China had great shrimp and wanton.

They had cool picture stations just for the event with the disney photographers. We listened to a great Broadway singer doing showtunes. All Disney stuff so good for us. Daughter meet up with us and she had a blast with the various art kiosk and found a few smaller things she liked. Prices are nuts for the artwork, but sort of expected. She found reprints on postcards or such that were much cheaper.

We went the Friday it started. Got there at 11am and closed Epcot. We ran out of time and gave Canada just a drive by as we had no time left.

We can not recommend it enough.

Attachments

• 56229763-4532-4286-8318-79114C17E12A.jpeg
    56229763-4532-4286-8318-79114C17E12A.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 2
  • 1B7FC3A9-4B9F-4ED7-8335-C7BC723DEA9E.jpeg
    1B7FC3A9-4B9F-4ED7-8335-C7BC723DEA9E.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter