Suggestions for ADRs (or not...) needed!

Chrislovesdisney

DIS Veteran
ack! I thought we were going to stay at AK but at the 11th hour before we were able to change our DVC resort at 7 mos out, we changed our mind to BWV. I know I asked questions before but the change has thrown me off a little. Now I need:

1) a dinner around the boardwalk area OR in DHS, something casual and relatively inexpensive but that I CAN get an adr for, and for a Saturday night (which would make ESPN club out).

2) for our Epcot day, we are planning on doing the Bon Voyage breakfast. What is everyone’s opinion of an ADR for dinner in Epcot vs. just snacking in each country? Without knowing what time any of our fast passes are, I have no clue where we will be when to book a specific time.

We have dd6 and dd3. Any suggestions for the above would be appreciated!

1) DHS - first chcoice would be Sci Fi, next Mama Melrose. Around Boardwalk, consider Big River Grill, but I don't think they accept ADRs.
2) opt to snack around WS, lots of really good options.

1. Beaches & Cream or Trattoria Al Forno

2. Since there's no festival going on, I would make an ADR for Epcot. Via Napoli is our favorite but there a lot of good options.

ack! I thought we were going to stay at AK but at the 11th hour before we were able to change our DVC resort at 7 mos out, we changed our mind to BWV. I know I asked questions before but the change has thrown me off a little. Now I need:

1) a dinner around the boardwalk area OR in DHS, something casual and relatively inexpensive but that I CAN get an adr for, and for a Saturday night (which would make ESPN club out).

2) for our Epcot day, we are planning on doing the Bon Voyage breakfast. What is everyone’s opinion of an ADR for dinner in Epcot vs. just snacking in each country? Without knowing what time any of our fast passes are, I have no clue where we will be when to book a specific time.

1. Big River Grille is cheap and and easy to get a reservation at. Most people go for the beer but their food is good too. Beaches n Creme is another easy option to get.

2. In Epcot, I like to eat a light breakfast at the resort, snack for lunch, and have a more solid meal for dinner. France, Japan, Italy, Germany, and England all have good TS restaurants for dinner. Then I can relax in the world showcase until the fireworks start.

If you dine at a Swan or Dolphin Signature, included in the cost of your entree is 'free' childcare.

I vote for BlueZoo, but Shula's works fine too. Split a steak, and there's your value.

Of course, Beaches'n'Cream if you a.) want to bring the kids, and b.) can get an ADR. The Fountain inside Dolphin has a similar menu (ice cream & sandwiches), but without the need for an ADR...and it comes without the ambiance of Beaches 'n' Cream.

Last edited:
How is the food at the soda shop-type place in the dolphin?
I was looking at big river grill - I think I can only go through open table for reservations?

Here are our absolute favorites not taking into account areas on property:

Art Smith's Homecomin
Raglan Road
House of Blues
California Grill
Skipper Canteen
Tusker House

These restaurants are lackluster in our minds:

Le Cellier - tables too close together and expensive for what you get
Yak and Yeti - loved it last time, this time is did not impress

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter