Suggestions for a few days in Dublin, Ireland

I recommend www.visitacity.com to help you plan -- it's a wonderful resource and provides a number of different itineraries to help you get started.

One thing we found -- we went to Scotland at the end of October five years ago. A lot of the touristy things were in the process of changing to winter hours, so just make sure you have accurate opening/closing times for wherever you're going.

In regards to hotels, if you are looking for familiar American chains, Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn and others all have hotels in Dublin as well.

I am also going to Ireland very soon! Just a heads up with Trinity College. In my research, their famous library that everyone goes to see, will be closed for renovation, starting in October, for 3 years! I was so very disappointed, that was my first thing we wanted to see.
For those that have been, I want to see the Book of Kells. If the library is closed, will this also be closed? And if you've toured St Patricks Cathedral, how did you do it, did you do the audio tour or have a tour director? Any tips on seeing it? Also, have you done the on/off tour bus, best way to buy tickets?

I am also going to Ireland very soon! Just a heads up with Trinity College. In my research, their famous library that everyone goes to see, will be closed for renovation, starting in October, for 3 years! I was so very disappointed, that was my first thing we wanted to see.
For those that have been, I want to see the Book of Kells. If the library is closed, will this also be closed? And if you've toured St Patricks Cathedral, how did you do it, did you do the audio tour or have a tour director? Any tips on seeing it? Also, have you done the on/off tour bus, best way to buy tickets?
My suggestion is to call the places to get the most accurate information before your visit.

https://www.stpatrickscathedral.ie/visit/

https://www.visittrinity.ie/book-of-kells/

Has your family added more things to the must see list?
My children are all adults in their 20’s, so they want go to an Irish pub & hear Irish music, in addition to the following:

•Walk around and get a feel for Dublin
•EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum
•Book of Kells exhibition at Trinity College
•National Museum of Ireland
•Dublin Castle
•Christchurch Cathedral
•Guinness Storehouse
•Jameson Distillery
•Howth Cliff Walk
•Malahide Castle

My children are all adults in their 20’s, so they want go to an Irish pub & hear Irish music, in addition to the following:

•Walk around and get a feel for Dublin
•EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum
•Book of Kells exhibition at Trinity College
•National Museum of Ireland
•Dublin Castle
•Christchurch Cathedral
•Guinness Storehouse
•Jameson Distillery
•Howth Cliff Walk
•Malahide Castle
All cool things to see.

These have all been covered, but I would definitely second:
  • Live music and a night of craic at Stags Head
  • Possibly a second night there for “ukulele night”
  • Do the tour at the Guinness Storehouse
  • Sunday brunch at a swanky restaurant for dozens of potato dishes 😁 (I always went to Roly’s Bistro, but it’s been 15 years since my last trip)
  • Lunch and a exploring the gardens at Powerscourt (actually I don’t think that’s been mentioned yet)
  • Book of Kells

We were in Ireland last summer; my stepdaughter and her boyfriend did the Book of Kells while the rest if us just walked around. It had its own seperate entrance from the library, but I don't know if that means it will still be open.

We did do the hop on/off bus and just bought the tix on the bus. If I remember right, I think we got on around the Guinness Storefront.

And I forget what's it's called, but at Guinness we also bought the ticket that got our faces etched into the head of our beers. It made for a fun picture of all our beer faces together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter