Suggestion - Take screenshots of your reservations you have booked from DVC website

DavidRoss

Mouseketeer
Based on the information on the website, it might be a good idea to take screenshots of your reservations. It seems that there might be a major overhaul of the website July 17 through July 20. In the past, I have had a reservation disappear and the points with it from the website because of a glitch. While it was ultimately restored, it took me a few days to get things worked out. With a major overhaul and the normal experience of websites frequently not working, I am suggesting that members who read this make screenshots of reservations and point balances in your accounts.

Member Site and Services Will Be Temporarily Unavailable
The Disney Vacation Club Member website will be undergoing maintenance and temporarily unavailable from 10:00 PM Eastern Time on July 17 until maintenance is completed on July 20. In addition, Disney Vacation Club offices will be closed on July 18 and 19.

Based on the information on the website, it might be a good idea to take screenshots of your reservations. It seems that there might be a major overhaul of the website July 17 through July 20. In the past, I have had a reservation disappear and the points with it from the website because of a glitch. While it was ultimately restored, it took me a few days to get things worked out. With a major overhaul and the normal experience of websites frequently not working, I am suggesting that members who read this make screenshots of reservations and point balances in your accounts.

The Disney Vacation Club Member website will be undergoing maintenance and temporarily unavailable from 10:00 PM Eastern Time on July 17 until maintenance is completed on July 20. In addition, Disney Vacation Club offices will be closed on July 18 and 19.

Excellent suggestion! As one whose had a reservation inexplicably cancelled, I'm definitely going to do that.

LOL, I print every reservation out, for any where, period. LOL Having been a fairly traveled person for the past 20 yrs, print them out, put them in use order and take them all with you and have them ready. ESP. at Disney! Also, can you imagine, with all this hacking of corporations going on now, what a prime target disney must be??? take that screen shot, ok, but what if you loose your phone?

LOL, I print every reservation out, for any where, period. LOL Having been a fairly traveled person for the past 20 yrs, print them out, put them in use order and take them all with you and have them ready. ESP. at Disney! Also, can you imagine, with all this hacking of corporations going on now, what a prime target disney must be??? take that screen shot, ok, but what if you loose your phone?

Re: “but what if you lose your phone”. Cloud storage is a marvelous thing these days.

But yes, we will be doing exactly the same. We’re printing out everything and taking screenshots of everything. We already had one reservation accidentally canceled by a CM because they incorrectly merged our reservations so we re very nervous about this system downtime. Half our party arrives the July 16th, the other half 20th. Not good timing with this lol.

That's a great suggestion, especially since there's a chance there could be a system issue.

I'm completely neurotic about keeping copies/screenshots of things so I don't think about others who may not be as crazy as I am.:upsidedow

take that screen shot, ok, but what if you loose your phone?

I personally wasn't thinking that I should take a screenshot so that I would have it with me on the trip. I have a trip booked which is several months away. If I check the website after the upgrade and I notice that my points are messed up, having a screenshot might help me straighten out the problem.

Thank you very much for this PSA! I didn't even think to do this and I always print out my ressies, and this time, did not. I took pictures of everything and hoping for the best LOL
Thank you.

I just printed out our reservations and the annual dues page too, because we have a credit balance. We've been paying ahead with Disney Visa Rewards dollars.

I was watching one of Pete's shows where they suggested this. I finished watching the show and did just this...ºoº

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter