Suggestion for Tech Support

LiDa

Mouseketeer
I don't see this as an option, so I would like to suggest the option to close one's own thread. It can just be overwhelming to go through tons of replies to one's thread which don't really address your post, just to get to the kind answers from folks who ARE interested in the topic at hand. I find that I'm losing interest in my own thread but don't want to ignore the folks who are actually on-topic. Frankly, if I had the option to close my own thread, I would be happy to do so.

As a discussion forum, threads are for open for anyone to participate in. Allowing posters to close threads when they don’t like the direction a discussion has gone would be counter to the community aspect of discussions here. A poster who starts a thread does not “own” a discussion.

As a discussion forum, threads are for open for anyone to participate in. Allowing posters to close threads when they don’t like the direction a discussion has gone would be counter to the community aspect of discussions here. A poster who starts a thread does not “own” a discussion.
I appreciate the quick response, but could have hoped for a more civil one. I made a suggestion & you are jumping to conclusions about my motives, which is sort of rude.

It's not as if I didn't appreciate being disagreed with & stomped my feet. This is perhaps why DisBoards went from being an awesome space several years ago to being just another toxic social media space where people can get as nasty as they want -- the moderators, who admittedly work darned hard -- are just as snippy as the rest of the members & can't seem to disagree without being mean-spirited & judgmental.

You misunderstood my response, which was an explanation of the reason for our general policy and why posters cannot delete posts or close threads.

Your attack on the boards and moderators is puzzling, as your account was only registered in December 2022…

I don't see this as an option, so I would like to suggest the option to close one's own thread. It can just be overwhelming to go through tons of replies to one's thread which don't really address your post, just to get to the kind answers from folks who ARE interested in the topic at hand. I find that I'm losing interest in my own thread but don't want to ignore the folks who are actually on-topic. Frankly, if I had the option to close my own thread, I would be happy to do so.
"I'm facing mental health challenges and need technical support for app or online platform. How can I connect with the technical support team to address my concerns?"

"I'm facing mental health challenges and need technical support for app or online platform. How can I connect with the technical support team to address my concerns?"
Are you asking about WDW MDE (Disney World's My Disney Experience)? Or help with DISboards? DISboards doesn't have an app. If you need help with MDE you will need to contact WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter