Success after some work

Mr.K

Earning My Ears
I've been watching many threads on folks success or lack thereof at getting dining reservations, so I thought I'd share my experience.

We are a group of 4 coming the first week in June. I was at my computer with my wish list at 5:55 AM and started searching right at 6 AM. For the first four days of our 8 day stay, nothing we had wanted was available and it was discouraging at first. No Topolino's breakfast, no Oga's cantina, no Skipper Canteen, no Yak n Yeti, etc. I started looking at our most desired for later in the week, and plugged in others we had ranked a bit lower on our wish list for our first few days and booked our most desired for later in the week. We ended up with everything we wanted, just on different days! I kept checking, and it did take about an hour to book everything, with some things opening up that were closed earlier in the hour. There were some limited choices in time slots, even later in our week, but they were the times we personally wanted (later evening meals).

Our reserved plans:

Ale & Compass
Olivia's Cafe
Skipper Canteen
Sanaa
La Hacienda de San Angel
Oga's Cantina
Kona Cafe
Yak and Yeti
Topolino's breakfast

Hope this may help those who are frustrated. Keep looking and be prepared to juggle what you want and I am sure you'll be able to book fun meals.

I've been watching many threads on folks success or lack thereof at getting dining reservations, so I thought I'd share my experience.

We are a group of 4 coming the first week in June. I was at my computer with my wish list at 5:55 AM and started searching right at 6 AM. For the first four days of our 8 day stay, nothing we had wanted was available and it was discouraging at first. No Topolino's breakfast, no Oga's cantina, no Skipper Canteen, no Yak n Yeti, etc. I started looking at our most desired for later in the week, and plugged in others we had ranked a bit lower on our wish list for our first few days and booked our most desired for later in the week. We ended up with everything we wanted, just on different days! I kept checking, and it did take about an hour to book everything, with some things opening up that were closed earlier in the hour. There were some limited choices in time slots, even later in our week, but they were the times we personally wanted (later evening meals).

Our reserved plans:

Ale & Compass
Olivia's Cafe
Skipper Canteen
Sanaa
La Hacienda de San Angel
Oga's Cantina
Kona Cafe
Yak and Yeti
Topolino's breakfast

Hope this may help those who are frustrated. Keep looking and be prepared to juggle what you want and I am sure you'll be able to book fun meals.

Glad you got everything you wanted! If you don’t mind me asking how hard was the La Hacienda to get? It’s one of my first reservations we would like.

Glad you got everything you wanted! If you don’t mind me asking how hard was the La Hacienda to get? It’s one of my first reservations we would like.

La Hacienda de San Angel is on day 5 of our trip and it was easy peasy, with lots of time slots.

May I ask how many days you had to go before Oga’s was available? My son is turning 21 on the sixth day of our trip and his only request is that his first legal drink be at Oga’s. Our adr date is coming up shortly.

May I ask how many days you had to go before Oga’s was available? My son is turning 21 on the sixth day of our trip and his only request is that his first legal drink be at Oga’s. Our adr date is coming up shortly.

We tried initially for Oga's on our second day and found nothing. I looked again at our 6th day and found success, and there were many openings on our day 6. I did not look at the days in between, as we already had our park days planned out, but if I had not found it on day 6, I would have looked at the other days and switched our park reservation. My son (and the rest of us too) are SW fans so this was a must have.

For the first four days of our 8 day stay, nothing we had wanted was available and it was discouraging at first.

This is pretty standard since other folks have had access to those days for awhile (it's the end of their trip). I always try to book the hard to get reservations toward the end of the trip.

So glad it all worked out for you! So exciting to be under 60 days!

Thank you, that gives me hope!

We tried initially for Oga's on our second day and found nothing. I looked again at our 6th day and found success, and there were many openings on our day 6. I did not look at the days in between, as we already had our park days planned out, but if I had not found it on day 6, I would have looked at the other days and switched our park reservation. My son (and the rest of us too) are SW fans so this was a must have.

Thank you, that gives me hope!
You can also try asking for walk-ups if you can't get a reservation. They aren't guaranteed, but a vlogger I watch, Super Enthused, got into Oga's after asking 2-3 times later in the evening maybe 3-4 days ago. And that was during Spring Break crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter