Substitutions at Signatures??

2hapykdz

DIS Veteran
Any feedback on if the Signature restaurants are laid back when you make substitutions? I eat EVERYTHING.....wife not so much. She loves Filet....but most places it's real fancied up with sauces and veggies and risottos that she wont eat. On the DP and its during Food and Wine...so we're gonna blow some dining credits on some Signatures!TIA

I have never had an issue requesting sauces to be left off or on the side (don't usually prefer sauce on steak). Have never had an issue substituting sides at Jiko, and Yachtsman specifically tells you that you can substitute any of the specific accompaniments (potatoes mostly) or sauces with another. However, you cannot sub one of the accompaniments with one of the sides that they list separately on the menu, or at least that is what we have been told, so for instance if the filet comes with au gratin potatoes and the porterhouse comes with mashed you can request the filet be served with mashed but you cannot request that the au gratin be substituted with the side of mushrooms if that makes sense. I know that I have also requested mashed potatoes at CA grill instead of whatever was supposed to be served with my meal, have not asked for substitutions at any other signature but they likely will be just as accommodating for your wife.

You can have sides and sauces removed as you like. I'm sure a certain amount of substitution can be done as well.

I am like your wife. Could I get fries or fruit instead of what comes with my main dishes at California, Artist point or Yachtsman? most likely Filet.

We are on the DxDP because my kids (14 and 16) and hubby EAT.

I keep about 75-90% kosher and they have always bent over backwards to help me. Since I can't even have pork and cheese on the plate with other meat at the family style places they have always brought me out my own platter and the cook at Citrico's once came out to make sure everything was good.

I am like your wife. Could I get fries or fruit instead of what comes with my main dishes at California, Artist point or Yachtsman? most likely Filet.

We are on the DxDP because my kids (14 and 16) and hubby EAT.

They can only substitute with things that they have on the menu and available in the kitchen, so if they have fries or fruit available then they may be able to substitute for you, but if they don't have those things then no you would not be able to make that substitution. Also, if the restaurant has fries but are listed separately as a side item, instead of something that comes as an accompaniment to another dish they may not allow for the substitution. I think it likely that the restaurant will be able to work with you to find something you like, but you may not be able to count on getting fries or fruit at every place.

We rarely ask for substitutions, but when we have, there has never been an issue if they stock it. It may be to leave off a sauce. Or switch one side with another.

I didn't have any trouble at California Grill subbing mashed potatoes for a tomato based side last year. I just politely said to the server, "I don't really like tomatoes, is there something I can get instead" and she gladly offered me some other choices.

My teen daughter is ridiculously fussy. We eat pretty much every evening at a signature when we are at Disney and they are amazingly helpful. A lot of time we get her a side of mashed potatoes to hold her over and grab her something from a qs afterwards. But once in a while there is a meat that she will eat and they will always let us substitute the side and hold any sauces or toppers on the meal.

Wonderful to know. I know I am the wierd one so generally I just eat what I like on the plate. But maybe a nice “can I have fries instead of xyz? “ won’t be looked down on

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter