Substituting appetizers?

prudence64

DIS Veteran
Hi. My daughter will be 13 when we go next, so if we do the dining plan she'll need to be an adult. She often will not find things to eat on the adult menu, but will see appetizers that she would like as a meal. Can we substitute something like 2 appetizers for one meal on the dining plan? Thanks.

No you can’t. The dining plan is extremely strict

In some locations you can sub a side salad or soup for dessert. But never an app for entree or dessert for app

You can save her credit and pay oop for her app

Thanks. That is disappointing. I wonder if it is a huge pain to do two adult plans but just pay OOP for her on everything. She would never use up the credits.

Thanks. That is disappointing. I wonder if it is a huge pain to do two adult plans but just pay OOP for her on everything. She would never use up the credits.

Not sure exactly what you're saying, because we don't know if it's just you and her on the trip, or if there are more people in the room.

If you decide to get the dining plan, everyone in the room will have to have the dining plan. For instance, you cannot have only you and a spouse on the plan, and not kids.

If it's just you and her, it really sounds like the dining plan is not a good idea for you.

Not sure exactly what you're saying, because we don't know if it's just you and her on the trip, or if there are more people in the room.

If you decide to get the dining plan, everyone in the room will have to have the dining plan. For instance, you cannot have only you and a spouse on the plan, and not kids.

If it's just you and her, it really sounds like the dining plan is not a good idea for you.

It's my husband, myself, and my daughter. That stinks that we can't just get 2 plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter