Subbing tix - lose park reservations?

Disney102015

Mouseketeer
We are planning a last minute trip and trying to link some older tickets to our account. I spent hours on hold today with no luck, and am getting nervous as park reservations are filling up. I was considering booking tix as a package with our hotel as a “placeholder” for now, to make park reservations, then hopefully switching to a hotel only reservation once I get my other tickets linked. If I do this, will I lose the park pass reservations anyway when I am finally able to substitute the older tickets?

I was told not too long ago, that it should work (by a friend). That the park reservations are tied to your name vs.the actual room reservation. But, they could change that policy at any time of course. I would keep the room until you attach those old passes t your account. I am nervous too, as a retired CM (from NJ, not a local) they don't let us know if our park passes are valid until 4-6 weeks in advance. By then, park reservations for Studios and MK may be gone (Studios defintely). Everything is more complicated now!

Your park reservations should be fine if you change tickets. When you drop the tickets, you can keep the package and it will be a "ticketless package" with the same rules as the package. That way no worry about whether the same room/rate is available again as room-only.

So I really can no longer book a room-only reservation because I need to make park reservations. Am I correct? I can book a package and then cancel the tickets as I get closer and use another ticket option.

So I really can no longer book a room-only reservation because I need to make park reservations. Am I correct? I can book a package and then cancel the tickets as I get closer and use another ticket option.
I think they just rolled out a new policy that if you cancel tickets with a park reservation, you will get an email that you need to link new ticket media within 24 (or maybe 48?) hours or your park reservations will be cancelled. They are rolling this out because a lot of people were keeping park reservations even after they cancelled, so this keeps more spots open. Good luck

You certainly can book a room-only reservation and buy your tickets separately. There is no requirement to book a package. The only "requirement" is that you must have valid tickets to make park reservations. Those can be package tickets or bought from a third party tickets or bought direct from Disney but not as a package.

You certainly can book a room-only reservation and buy your tickets separately. There is no requirement to book a package. The only "requirement" is that you must have valid tickets to make park reservations. Those can be package tickets or bought from a third party tickets or bought direct from Disney but not as a package.
But if I buy from a third party, they are nonrefundable. I am still holding out hopes for free dining. The current 25% off is not great.

Yes, what you described works. I booked a Pop Century package room as a "placeholder" until we got our AP's renewed. Once they were renewed, I cancelled the package. Didn't lose park reservations. It didn't even catch that I had a Boardwalk DVC room for the same dates.

I think it's safe to say no free dining this year.

But if I buy from a third party, they are nonrefundable. I am still holding out hopes for free dining. The current 25% off is not great.

OK, you didn't say you wanted fully-refundable tickets. I was responding to the statement that you "can no longer book a room-only reservation" which is not true.

You are correct that tickets purchased directly from WDW that are not part of a package are non-refundable but can always be used as a credit towards future tickets. Tickets purchased from an authorized reseller may be refundable, check the terms of the seller before purchasing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter