Subaru Forester or Honda CRV?

ShiPooOwner

Fan of WDW now and forever!
:wave2: Hoping to hear from owners of either a Forester or a CRV. They are both very appealing to us and we hope to buy one by the end of the year. But first we would like some input on what you think of your vehicle and their pro's and con's. The good and the bad please. ::yes::

My husband and I both have foresters. We love them. Mine is a 2011 and his is a 2014. My brother was hit head on while driving an outback and basically we were told the car saved his life. Dash board never budged and front of car smashed the whole way to the dash. Since the accident we only buy subaru. Good on gas, not noisy, smooth ride. The only negatives are the back seats are a little tight with 2 high back boosters. The new model is much better and my husband is 6' 2 so that may be why it seems a little tight. The blue tooth speaker for hands free talking sounds is not the greatest. Again much better in the 2014 but listeners still have a little trouble

We looked into buying a CRV last year for our son, but we could not get one with the advanced safety features on it that we were looking for - no blind spot warning or forward obstruction warning was available.

Subaru just came out with a new advanced warning system for their 2014's, so you could probably get the safety features on a new Forrester - if that matters to you and it does to us :)

Just an FYI - we have a 2012 Subaru Outback and a 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite (had to get the top of the line for Honda's safety features) and both are fantastic vehicles. No problems what so ever except regular maintenance and the odd recall. Would recommend either brand.

Is Consumers higest rated small SUV--and has some of the lowest prices!!

Is Consumers higest rated small SUV--and has some of the lowest prices!!

Yes, and that makes it extremely appealing to us! :yay: US News & World Report gave the CVR its highest rating though but I think the Forester was #2 for them.)

My sister and my mother both have a Honda CRV. Older models, I think about 5 years old. But they're both very pleased and have had no problems. My Mom recently took a trip and rented a car and it was the new 2015 model Honda CRV and she said that was even nicer.

Proud owner of a 2004 Forester with 245000 miles on it, been in multiple deer accidents and sideswiped once by a bus, with no injuries. These older ones did have a smallish back seat, but that has been rectified in newer models. Honestly they take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. LOVE mine!

Terri

We've had our CRV for almost 5 years now...absolutely love it, have never had a problem. We like that it has a ton of space, but drives like a car. We lived in the city up until just recently, and it was easy to navigate and parallel park too.

I'd vote CRV, Honda's are known for having few problems even after long lengths of ownership. They're also relatively easy to work on, so you can usually find someone to fix them up for cheap.

I've had my 2005 Forester for over 10 years and I love it! I have only had to do maintenance and fix a couple of minor things. Pretty good gas mileage, cargo room and leg room in the front as well! I'm not sure I'll ever buy anything else.

They are both wise choices, although I'd vote for getting a Forester.

I'll try to find it in a little while to post, but I watched a video that tested all of the small SUVs utilizing their all-wheel drive and the Forester was the winner. It was something about the way it works on each vehicle. Some of the vehicles were pretty squirrely!

My in-laws just bought a 2015 Forester, and we own a 2005 Legacy. Subaru isn't known for the most physically attractive cars, but what they do, they do well -- build reliable long-lasting vehicles for all types of terrain. I'll be getting a Forester in the next 2-3 years (used, so it will probably be a 2015-2016 model).

I have a 2006 crv. I have about 80,000 miles and so far only regular maintenance. Never any problems. Only thing I hate is value of car never really goes down and I pay a lot with car tax. When I do eventually get another car I was thinking of Subaru because I don't like the look of new crv.

Have you seen the tv ad for Subaru, "They lived" showing this mangled Subaru and the family that survived.

My DS just got his driver's licencse yesterday, and all I can think about is that I wish I could get him a Subaru to drive.

One of the best ad campaigns ever, for me anyway.

So, I would vote for Subaru :)

Another vote for the CRV. We had one that we finally traded in at about 280000. Never had an issue with it expect for one of the knobs on the dash had a light burnt out. We took care of it and it took care of us. We have since upgraded to a Honda Ridgeline. My husband still drives 1992 Honda civic to work. We are a Honda family and recommend them!

I think we are going for a Mazda CX-5 next summer.

I was close to choosing the Forrester, though, and the Honda was also close.

All are good choices i think. :drive:

I have a 2014 CRV and love it. This is my second Honda. The first was an Odyssey and I drove that car for 10 years. Hondas are known to last for a long time.

I have a 2013 CRV, EXL with Navigation - love it. I didn't like the Subaru's enough to test drive (the interior lay out didn't impress me at all). I pay a lot of attention to the little things, consoles, cup holders, etc.... I'm short so I sit way close to the steering wheel - the middle console on the CRV slides open - wonderful access to my stuff and a handy place to set things. I did test drive Toyota RAV4 and Mazda CX5 - but the CRV won out because of the little details. DH has a 2004 CRV and we have a 2000 Toyota Sienna.

I bought a Subaru Forester 2011. It has been a great car and it is great having all wheel drive when we get stuck in a blizzard in the mountains.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter