Stupid questions re: room requests

AmyA

DIS Veteran
OK, I know this has probably been discussed a million times, but the search function is disabled right now. Anyway, I have seen conflicting info-- wdwig (here's the link http://www.wdwig.com/cro1.htm) says to fax room requests 4 days in advance, but I have heard others say wait until 3 days in advance. Anyone know which is correct? Also, what exactly is 3 days in advance? Is it 3 days before I arrive, or 3 days from the day I arrive? For example, if we arrive on Tuesday the 10th, is 3 days out Sunday the 8th(3 days including arrival date) or Saturday the 7th (3 days before the arrival date)?

Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry about the overwrought questions.

I have always been told 4 days from the time of arrival.....? Hope this helps.

You can send it anytime within the five day window but you take your chances of it getting lost/ignored if it's too early or getting the "leftover room" if they get it too late. Four days would be about right.

Requests should be sent 4 days prior to actual check-in. Example:

Tuesday - Check-in day
Monday - 1 day prior
Sunday - 2 days prior
Saturday - 3 days prior
Friday - 4 days prior

So far, we have always arrived on a Saturday. A few times I faxed on Wednesday, once on Thursday. And I did pretty well all three times. :)

When we went 2 years ago I just gave CRO my room requests over the phone when I made my reservation - I got just what I wanted! Has anyone else done this? Is this the norm or is faxing a better idea?

My opinion? Just request what you want upon check-in. Sometimes those faxed requests don't mean a thing.......

Originally posted by TXMommy
When we went 2 years ago I just gave CRO my room requests over the phone when I made my reservation - I got just what I wanted! Has anyone else done this? Is this the norm or is faxing a better idea?

I just give any requests when I make the reservation. They will honor it if they can. :D But then I've never been all that selective.....just non-smoking and sometimes which floor we would like.

The more you request the less likely you are to get anything you want. There are only so many rooms that will fit multiple requests.

I plan on making sure my requests are on my reservation when I call to confirm, about 5 days before we arrive. My ONLY request is that it be a non-smoking room, for health reasons, with prefrence of 3rd floor. I have heard some people actual request specific rooms?? :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

I have never sent in faxed room requests. I request what I want with CRO (or DU) when making the reservation. It has worked for me! :D

Thanks for all the great replies! I should have posted more info in my original post:

-We are staying at the CR via SoG, thus I didn't go thru CRO or WDTC for ressies. While the SoG reservation agents will note room requests when one books w/ them, that is only when SoG is open. They were not noting any room requests (except connecting rooms for families) when I made my ressie for the CR

-I only have one request. We have already reserved, and are paying for, a ground floor waterview room. Since it's just DH and I, and we've heard rumors about lots of noise at the CR, we would like to be as far away from the Grand Concourse as possible, preferably in the 8108-8123 block of rooms in the NGW

It's my DH's first time at WDW and both of our first times staying onsite, so I want to do what I can to make sure we have a great vacation. I do realize that room requests are just that--requests so I won't be upset if we don't get it. I guess I just feel like it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks again for the advice! I really appreciate it!

Were you told by SoG you'd get a ground floor waterview room? I wasn't given options of views, just the rate, and I requested a water view, but it was my understanding that we were paying for and could get any room in the N. Garden Wing.

travelitis,
The ground floor waterview rooms are the "preferred rooms" that cost $10/night extra. They are the equivalent of the ground floor poolview rooms at SoG before they closed. You do have to tell SoG that you want a preferred room when you call, I have never had them offer. I hope I answered your question. If not, let me know:D

Just got back from the travel agent. She called disney about applying a DC discount. Disney travel asked if we had preferences on our room. They noted Toy story. I assume we will get the building

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter