Stupid question: May 5th cruise theater releases

abarboza

Earning My Ears
Going on my first Disney cruise this year on May 5th out of San Juan. On May 3rd The Phantom Menace is getting rereleased for what looks like more than a single day or event release. My wife hasn’t seen Star Wars all the way through and I thought it would be great if we got a chance to watch Episode I in the theater on ship. Now it’s not a Star Wars themed cruise but I know often the ship’s theater plays current Disney releases. I was just wondering if anyone who has cruised before has any memories of a similar situation and would weigh in. Fingers crossed.

It is in theaters in my town of Nerds for many days, Disney owns it, perhaps you will get the chance. If nowhere else, they could show it late night FunnelVision.

🤞for fans onboard.

Last edited:
With the strike I am curious what programs they are even going to be showing on the ships right now.... They really don't have many options.

With the strike I am curious what programs they are even going to be showing on the ships right now.... They really don't have many options.
You’re not kidding.

Disney and Pixar Movies: Upcoming Release Dates

Whether they release in theaters or on Disney+, here’s a look at the Disney and Pixar movies coming from now through 2025 and beyond.

• Soul (January 12, 2024) - Re-Release
  • Turning Red (February 9, 2024) - Re-Release
  • Luca (March 22, 2024) - Re-Release
  • Hideo Kojima: Connecting Worlds (Spring 2024)
  • Inside Out 2 (June 14, 2024)
  • Moana 2 (November 27, 2024)
  • Mufasa: The Lion King (December 20, 2024)
  • Snow White [live-action remake] (March 21, 2025)
  • Elio (June 13, 2025)
  • Moana [live-action remake] (June 27th 2025)
  • Zootopia 2 (November 26, 2025)
  • Tron: Ares (2025)
  • Frozen 3 (2026)
  • Toy Story (2026)
  • Bambi [live-action remake] (Date TBD)
  • Hercules [live-action remake] (Date TBD)

I feel like in late February on our 4 day Wish cruise it was Elemental, The Marvels, and Wish.

The theatres typically play movies that have been released within the last few months. FunnelVision usually plays older movies, but you'll never know what's playing until you board. The on-demand section of the TV is your best bet. Though, weirdly, on our Pixar cruise, we wanted to watch Ratatouille again, but it wasn't on the on-demand list. We ended up watching Inside Out again instead.

I feel like in late February on our 4 day Wish cruise it was Elemental, The Marvels, and Wish.
On our November cruise it was Elemental and Marvels… On the cruises right after ours it was I’m sure with Wish as well…

They can’t play first run movies that don’t exist.

I sailed Saturday after Thanksgiving last year- watched Wish, The Marvels,Dashing through the Snow ( Christmas movie that was on Disney + with Ludicrous) in the movie theater on Fantasy. They also had new Indiana Jones movie.

I don’t think any of the new Disney movies are hitting the theaters until summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter