Stupid names for a child

There is a name Lyrica and I never knew Lyric was an actual name but I think Lyric is a cute name. I always liked looking at name books and that's where I get ideas for screen names and name books is where you can easily learn about origins of names. Another boy's name I really do love is Alastair because it fits a gentleman and another name I do love is Soren because it sounds so cool but I dislike the nickname Sory because it sounds too much like sorry
I kind of like Lyric and also like Willow

I introduced myself to a girl and she told that her name was Lark. I said that was a unusual and pretty name. She said, "I think my parents were on drugs." 😅

Last edited:

I wonder due to the popularity of Disney/Pixar's Elemental Wade has become a hot name now? Because the only Wades I knew were Wade Wilson from Deadpool and baseball player Wade Boggs and I find it funny that people are named Wade because when you go swimming you do wade in the water. I have also seen Wade spelled Wayde as well
Is Wade a common name nowadays?

My nickname, Robin, can be used by both genders. My legal name is a boy's name with an "a" stuck on the end. Ick.

I was told by my mom that they picked 3 names as considerations for me......Dawn, Heather, and Robin. My dad vetoed Robin because he wanted a name that was "only for a girl."

Oranjello and lemonjello. Had to have happened at least once to become the legend it has.
both names show up on a records search on Ancestry dot com. I was not curious enough to see if I could find siblings with those names

I wonder due to the popularity of Disney/Pixar's Elemental Wade has become a hot name now? Because the only Wades I knew were Wade Wilson from Deadpool and baseball player Wade Boggs and I find it funny that people are named Wade because when you go swimming you do wade in the water. I have also seen Wade spelled Wayde as well
Here ya go:
Wade is a boy’s name of English and Scandinavian origins. The name is a popular surname and is thought to derive from the pre-7th century verb wadan, translating to “to go” or “ford.” Many attribute Wade’s early recognition to the eponymous legendary sea-giant of Germanic folklore. The son of a king and a mermaid, Wade was both feared and loved by coastal tribes along the North and Baltic Seas. With aquatic undertones and an adventurous spirit, Wade is sure to appeal to parents with an affinity for travel.

Not sure Wade is a common name now, but I did have boys named Wade throughout my teaching career. One of my dearest friends has a son named Wade and he's about 35 now so it's not really a name made popular from a show.

That was Barack Obama’s mother’s name. Stanley Ann Dunham. Presumably named after her father, also Stanley.
TIL
That’s so cool. I’ve never heard of another woman named Stanley.

Lyrica is a diabetes medicine... I take it ;)
Actually Lycia is a med for fibromyalgia

You’re both wrong. 😉
It is FDA approved to treat neuropathy (nerve pain or unwanted sensations) specifically in the peripheral nervous system.
Since neuropathy frequently occurs in patients with diabetes, it’s often prescribed in that population. In patients with fibromyalgia, it’s theorized that the pain felt is actually related to peripheral neuropathy and so it is one of the medications that can be tried for symptom management.

I'm waiting for Greenjello.
Redjello (reh- djillo) anyone?

Last edited:
There was a female Wade on the show Sliders back in the 90s.

Eiras

I saw and pronounced it with a Spanish accent “Eee-(rolled R) ras”

Was corrected “it’s IRIS, like the FLOWER!” Um no, it’s not, sorry.
If you go by German pronunciation rules it is like Iris.

I always thought Whoopi Goldberg's name Whoopi was weird but cute and that was the first time I ever heard the name Whoopi and then I looked it up in a name book and Whoopi is an actual girls name meaning excited which was cute. I also noticed and I hope you can answer this for me that Mom and I can't figure out that we have been trying to find an answer to. Is there a version of Adam called Adan in Spanish? Because I have never heard or seen anyone named Adan so i'm wondering if Adan is how you say Adam in Spanish? The other names I find a laugh are Swedish names beginning with a J because I find it funny that they pronounce J like Y and it's so silly. Can you imagine being named Yeremy or Yake "Jake"?

I always thought Whoopi Goldberg's name Whoopi was weird but cute and that was the first time I ever heard the name Whoopi and then I looked it up in a name book and Whoopi is an actual girls name meaning excited which was cute. I also noticed and I hope you can answer this for me that Mom and I can't figure out that we have been trying to find an answer to. Is there a version of Adam called Adan in Spanish? Because I have never heard or seen anyone named Adan so i'm wondering if Adan is how you say Adam in Spanish? The other names I find a laugh are Swedish names beginning with a J because I find it funny that they pronounce J like Y and it's so silly. Can you imagine being named Yeremy or Yake "Jake"?
Whoopi is a nickname, her given name is Caryn Elaine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter