Stupid Alcohol policy prevents on board airline check in

hbg4

Ask me where I'm going on my next vacation ? Disne
I know that Disney cruise line doesn't want you drinking your own liquor on board. But now they're excluding you from doing on board airline check in if you've purchased alcohol off the ship. Apparently you can only claim back your confiscated alcohol the morning of debarkation. So if you have to fly then you need to keep your suitcase to pack your alcohol since it can't be placed in your carry on:mad:

I know that Disney cruise line doesn't want you drinking your own liquor on board. But now they're excluding you from doing on board airline check in if you've purchased alcohol off the ship. Apparently you can only claim back your confiscated alcohol the morning of debarkation. So if you have to fly then you need to keep your suitcase to pack your alcohol since it can't be placed in your carry on:mad:
:charac2:

Life is full of choices. If you want to do the Onboard Airline Check In, you still can. Just keep one bag for checking in at the airport. Then you can claim your alcohol and pack it in a checked bag.

Life is full of choices. If you want to do the Onboard Airline Check In, you still can. Just keep one bag for checking in at the airport. Then you can claim your alcohol and pack it in a checked bag.

P Shmoo, you always have the answers for things like this!:smooth:

AKK

I am pretty sure DCL made a point in their statement about the new alcohol policy that people who do OAC may want to rethink purchasing booze to bring off the ship. I know I read it somewhere.

MJ

I am pretty sure DCL made a point in their statement about the new alcohol policy that people who do OAC may want to rethink purchasing booze to bring off the ship. I know I read it somewhere.

MJ
But doesn't say they can't keep one bag for personally checking it, right?

Yes, it's inconvenient if you want to check all your bags through and not have to deal with them again until you get home, but I don't think there's a real problem if you keep one bag back to check in yourself at the airport.

No, no, the work around you mentioned is the way to go. You can certainly leave a bag back and check it yourself at the airport with OAC.

MJ

purchased alcohol off the ship

purchasing booze to bring off the ship

To clarify, it's not just purchases in port...the same challenges apply to purchases in the duty free ship onboard. Those purchases used to be delivered to the stateroom the evening before debarkation. Now onboard duty-free purchases are picked up with the confiscated items just before leaving the ship in the morning...so same luggage challenges apply
To be honest, I just can't figure this part out...wouldn't this arrangement impact Disney's bottom line in the duty free shop?

To clarify, it's not just purchases in port...the same challenges apply to purchases in the duty free ship onboard. Those purchases used to be delivered to the stateroom the evening before debarkation. Now onboard duty-free purchases are picked up with the confiscated items just before leaving the ship in the morning...so same luggage challenges apply
To be honest, I just can't figure this part out...wouldn't this arrangement impact Disney's bottom line in the duty free shop?
Maybe Disney doesn't rely on duty-free alcohol purchases as a major money-maker?

Well, I tend to see both sides of most arguments (causing issues with my kids, sometimes). My mother always said is was her "Yes, but....." child. As in, "Yes, but if I do this instead, will it work?"

Libra? :)

I'd do onboard airline checkin and just leave a bag to take off and check at the airport. Easy peasy! Not AS easy, but still pretty easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter