Studios Paris, Comments Anyone

larworth

DIS Veteran
With reviews now starting to trickle in, what is everybody’s take on the new park.

The reviews I've read all point out the same flaws (light on attractions, no real groundbreaker, much less immersive theming than DLP, undecorated queues, no parade/evening entertainment…), but still come away giving it at least a modest approval rating. I don’t hear any of the contempt that DCA garnered. Maybe, not trying to pass it off as more than it really is makes all the difference. There’s also no glaring Paradise Pier or Mulholland Madness effort to point at.

Observations:

The RnR enhancements sound good. Although I was hoping for even more enthusiasm about the new on-ride visuals.

The stunt show seems to be the early winner. Wonder if this is something that could easily be imported to the states?

Armageddon seems to be OK, but not great. Should we have hoped for more, especially given the M. Sklar hint that it might still be in the wings for DCA?

The streetmosphere also seems to be well received. Some upgrade ideas for MGM?

I had to laugh when someone complained about a lack of shops. Paul still runs the division doesn't he?

Simon V. has a great interview with Roy Disney here on the DIS, and what caught my eye was this statement by Mr. Roy Disney:

On the new park, Roy insisted: "We are very pleased with how it is developing here but it is still early days in the development of any park. One thing we learned from Walt is that you never open a finished park. You open a park that can grow.
"That was possibly the single most important thing that Walt left us with, that notion that you can never quite be finished with anything. My uncle coined the phrase that as long as there is imagination in the world, our parks will never be finished, and I think this new park shows there is plenty of imagination left."

"I think this new park shows there is plenty of imagination left"

Was Mr. Disney taking a veiled shot at the Pressler/Eisner New And Improved Plan for Park Opening?

Streetmosphere characters are created, to a large degree, by the actors portraying them. They workshop and rehearse constantly, and are not really anything that can be duplicated exactly. From what I understand, the Street' performers in France use the same concept, and were recieved just as warmly over there as they have been over here, so it's not really a "they did a better job at the new park, so maybe they'll improve it over here" type of situation.

I was at the Paris Studios on March 16th, and I agree with all of the other reviews. The park is small and not immersive; the crowds were light, especially for an opening day. Some of the attractions were unique (Animagique and Cinemagique) and others were lifted right out of Florida (RnR, Studio Tram). I did not see all of the attractions, and I was done in less than 6 hours. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't wonderful.

On the other hand, admission was only $25, so I can't complain too much. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter