• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Studio for 4 sleeping accommodations

I would also agree…I think 3 adult sized humans could sleep on the pull out bed. My kids are young so they VERY easily fit. We used the pull out for 5 nights and it was so easy to set the bed up and take it down each day.

it could be fine depends on how comfortable they are spooning with each other. If by teen you mean 13 and 14 it might be easier than if by teen you mean 18 and 19 and both are 6 foot 3. I would file it under doable but not ideal. That said, even the 1 bedroom is going to just have a king bed and a pull out sofa so to get anything better you are looking at either a 2 bedroom, or two studios.

Would the studio work for 3 adults, a 7yr old and a 2 yr old? Has anyone done three adults with small kids on the studio?

Would the studio work for 3 adults, a 7yr old and a 2 yr old? Has anyone done three adults with small kids on the studio?
I can't see it working very well. You would have 2 adults in the bed and 1 adult sleeping with the 7 year old on the pull out couch and then you still need somewhere for the 2 year old. With the couch pulled out, there is very little space, if any left for a pack and play. Everyone would be on top of each other and you only have 1 bathroom. I would never be comfortable doing that. I would get either 2 studio rooms or a 1 bedroom. There was just 2 of us in the studio. I slept on the bed and my daughter on the couch. With the couch extended, there was very little walking space to get out onto the patio. Not to mention that you need to store your suitcases somewhere since you can only get one or 2 under the bed, you need room for all of your clothes and toiletries, etc. I can't even imagine how cluttered and packed the room would be with that many people.

I can't see it working very well. You would have 2 adults in the bed and 1 adult sleeping with the 7 year old on the pull out couch and then you still need somewhere for the 2 year old. With the couch pulled out, there is very little space, if any left for a pack and play. Everyone would be on top of each other and you only have 1 bathroom. I would never be comfortable doing that. I would get either 2 studio rooms or a 1 bedroom. There was just 2 of us in the studio. I slept on the bed and my daughter on the couch. With the couch extended, there was very little walking space to get out onto the patio. Not to mention that you need to store your suitcases somewhere since you can only get one or 2 under the bed, you need room for all of your clothes and toiletries, etc. I can't even imagine how cluttered and packed the room would be with that many people.
Thanks for the insight, I was looking to save the $ from the 1 BR and use it on the restaurants during the stay, but it sounds like it may not work well for us in the room.

Thanks for the insight, I was looking to save the $ from the 1 BR and use it on the restaurants during the stay, but it sounds like it may not work well for us in the room.
If your trip is still a ways out, I would look into renting DVC points to save money over paying cash. There are several companies that act as intermediaries with the DVC owners. You can start booking 11 months out for those who's home resort is Aulani, and the others can at 7 months out. So if you are not planning on going sooner then that, I would look into it. Either way, Aulani books up quick during the busy times so don't wait until the last minute. Have fun.

You don’t mention the relationships or the sleeping arrangements you’re currently used to.

Our DD has slept with us essentially since she was born. So the three of us in the queen bed, and an adult and the 7 year old in the pull out is definitely do-able, but would definitely be cramped quarters in all other respects. But it would definitely be a major $ saver, so it depends on what’s important to you.

You don’t mention the relationships or the sleeping arrangements you’re currently used to.

Our DD has slept with us essentially since she was born. So the three of us in the queen bed, and an adult and the 7 year old in the pull out is definitely do-able, but would definitely be cramped quarters in all other respects. But it would definitely be a major $ saver, so it depends on what’s important to you.
It's going to be very cramped, but we are going for it! It will be in Dec, I will do a report once we come back. We rented DVC points and since we can only try it before the 2yr old turns 3, we thought we'd give it a shot and use the 1BR vs Studio savings to book a few days at Disneyland in CA on the way back home.

It's going to be very cramped, but we are going for it! It will be in Dec, I will do a report once we come back. We rented DVC points and since we can only try it before the 2yr old turns 3, we thought we'd give it a shot and use the 1BR vs Studio savings to book a few days at Disneyland in CA on the way
We are a family of 5. We own at Aulani and go there 2 or 3 times a year. Our flights always get in super late to Hawaii, so when the littlest was under 3 we often book a studio for the first night to save on pints and then moved into a one bedroom the next day. It was tight but do-able….for a night. My kids loved to fight over who got to sleep in the little cubby under the foot of the bed (meant for suitcases I’m sure, but they loved it). I can’t imagine what it would be like with a pack and play if that’s what your 2 year old needs. We’ve also never done it for more than a night or two…that would be unbearable. When factoring in costs, remember that there are significant cost savings re cooking breakfast and some other meals in a one bedroom.

For comfort, consider their height. My teenager is 6' 2" and his feet kinda fall off the end of the bed. It is a queen size, but I have a feeling that it's just a smidge shorter than a standard queen. He always looks much taller in the pullout than he does in his queen bed at home. But, he lives with it since, hey, we're in Hawaii.

And we always request an extra blanket so that the kids don't have to fight over the one blanket. It's a simple touch that makes them so much happier.

If you're paying cash, why would you book a Studio instead of a standard hotel room?

A lot of people on the Aulani board wrongly talk about it as if it's DVC villas only.

If you're paying cash, why would you book a Studio instead of a standard hotel room?

A lot of people on the Aulani board wrongly talk about it as if it's DVC villas only.
It was about 1/2 the price to rent DVC points for a studio than booking a standard hotel room. Right now its all sold out for the week before Xmas which is when we are staying. Within that week there is very sparse 1BR, 2BR DVC availability, but I could not put together two consecutive days in a 1BR to upgrade to a larger unit for a portion of our stay.

For comfort, consider their height. My teenager is 6' 2" and his feet kinda fall off the end of the bed. It is a queen size, but I have a feeling that it's just a smidge shorter than a standard queen. He always looks much taller in the pullout than he does in his queen bed at home. But, he lives with it since, hey, we're in Hawaii.

And we always request an extra blanket so that the kids don't have to fight over the one blanket. It's a simple touch that makes them so much happier.
That is a nice tip :) thanks!

The plan is for two adults to share the sofa and the third to sleep with the 7yr old and 2yr old in the queen bed. The kids wake up 6am PT daily so I would expect them to be up early and for us to stay outside the room most of the day, only coming back around bedtime for the kids.

In Aug we stayed at the Marriott Ocean Club in Maui in a Studio room, but 2 adults and 2 kids only. Our experience there was as described, we stayed on the pool, beach, around the island throughout the day. One of the adults would come back to the room for the 2yr old to have a quick nap when staying at the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter