Studio 54

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
Did you ever go ? what was it like ?

I went one time, me and my buddy drove up to the big city for the weekend, it was past its prime but still real cool. I dont remember the details to good, I was really partying , but my buddy who was weary of being in the big city, told me all the detail i missed, he just went and sat up in the balcony and took it all in. All I remember was having so much fun and met up with 2-3 women of some type of Asian heritage, and I was with them all night, but we didnt talk, they didnt speak English (at least thats what they told me lol) but still had so much fyn with them, is was like the night was a blurr

I also went once with two friends when it was a bit past its prime. It was still relatively early in the evening for Studio 54, perhaps 10:30pm, so we had no problem getting it. We didn't see any celebrities. I just remember the drink prices being outrageous for the times. We each ordered just a beer or simple well drink, and I handed the waitress a $20 bill. I was embarrassed when she told me the total was $22.

I also went once with two friends when it was a bit past its prime. It was still relatively early in the evening for Studio 54, perhaps 10:30pm, so we had no problem getting it. We didn't see any celebrities. I just remember the drink prices being outrageous for the times. We each ordered just a beer or simple well drink, and I handed the waitress a $20 bill. I was embarrassed when she told me the total was $22.

lol, thats funny, I also got there early enough so getting in wouldnt be a problem but stayed really late (early)

My husband 's best friend and his other college friend took him there for a pre wedding bachelor party. He said he saw Andy Warhol walk by and look like get these people out of here lol.

I’ve been to 54 for stage productions, and I’ve often imagined being there in its heyday. I missed the peak years of disco by a few years as I was in high school and college in the Bible Belt. My club years were 1982-1984 in Boston . The music was fabulous.

I was only, like, ten or so, so I don't think I would have gotten past the doorman. :joker:

I *did* like disco music, though, and one Christmas in the 70s I asked for a wraparound disco dress. Didn't get it.

I am too young to have been there during the heyday, but I did go plenty of times during the revival of Cabaret because I knew one of the costumers. It was so much fun to see the rooms and tucked-away nooks and crannies "backstage". If those walls could talk! It really does feel special being in that space, there is something about it.

Studio 54-I went once, also somewhat past its prime, with a few friends from college. One guy assured us we'd be able to get in because his older brother was the doorman. Sure enough we were able to skip a line of about 50 people. Like mentioned above, it wasn't all that crowded inside. For that one night, it felt great being one of the Beautiful People and sashaying past the wannabes desperate to gain admittance. :snooty: ;)

I also saw the Broadway production of Caberet there in the late 90s. The tickets were originally for another theater, but there was some type of construction accident at the building next door to that place, so the producers transferred the show to Studio 54.

CBGB-I was there a few times. Talk about a dive!!! Still, it was fun, but nothing memorable to mention.

The Mudd Club-also a few times. Once was on the Saturday night before Mother's Day soon after the film Mommie Dearest was released. There were about a dozen patrons dressed as Joan Crawford carrying a wire hanger. That was a fun night!!

Max's Kansas City-no, was never there.

I did go to the Limelight and Danceteria in NYC during the early to mid 1980s.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter