• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Student Loan error

Shanna-like-Banana

DIS Veteran
I recently needed to take an unsubsidized student loan to finish my last two Grad classes. I took the loan in May and completed the classes last week.

Just this week I received my first notification about my service providers and created an account.

To my surprise, my loan provider is reporting a number larger than what I authorized my school to endorse.
I authorized my school to endorse $4218 and indicated that exact amount in all the fields of my master promissory note.
My loan provider statement indicates that my school endorsed $8527, which is clearly wrong.

Yes, I immediately contacted my school financial aid and the specific person who I did the loan process with. I also sent an email in writing notifying them of the error.
Of course no return call yet.

For anyone who has been in this situation, please tell me what recourse I have in getting them to correct the error.

Any chance they endorsed for a whole year worth of aid? My school approved 2 semesters worth of aid but I only actually used one when I finished my masters this spring. Did you log into the actual loan servicer and see the actual loan amount?

It was my last and final semester, which just ended on Tuesday of this week, so it was only for one semester
I work in a college and it sounds like although you authorized one semestsr, it was put through as two. I would call your financial aid office and see if that is what happened before calling the loan provider.

Let us know how you make out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter