• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Struggling with MK lunch

I feel the same way about the food options at MK. I love the theming of BOG, but once you’ve done it, it’s hard to justify spending that much on non-amazing food. During our New Years trip, we are leaving MK mid-day for a monorail bar hop, and eating lunch at Kona Cafe during our Poly stop. Then head back to the park for desserts and more rides.
Isn't the monorail station at Poly closed now?

I’d take the monorail to CR and eat lunch at The Wave. Or I’d take a boat to Wilderness Lodge and eat either at Geyser Point or Whispering Canyon.

This is what we’re planning on doing when we go in January. Not interested in Tony’s. And the food at the Plaza Inn just seems bleh and boring. I hate Pinocchio’s food. I wish that Columbia Harbor House or Casey’s were open.

Since you have a dinner ADR I'd just load up on snacks. Dole whips, funnel cake, waffles, loaded tots at Friar's Nook, etc.

We did Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bill's last trip and neither were all that good, but there aren't a lot of decent options at MK right now. I really miss QS lunch at BOG.

I'm struggling with this question too for our February trip- I could eat at CHH every time, but I see it's closed. I want to go to MK twice, yet the dining options stink. Fingers crossed either CHH or Pinocchio's opens in the next couple of months.

Will BOG ever revert back to QS options for lunch? That's where I was planning on going for one lunch and hadn't realized they made the change to table service. (I haven't really been paying attention to WDW news this year because I didn't think I was going....)

Tonys is a great option . I ate there in August and the food was pretty good. But the aptmosphere is fanstastic. Dignified but relaxing.

I'm struggling with this question too for our February trip- I could eat at CHH every time, but I see it's closed. I want to go to MK twice, yet the dining options stink. Fingers crossed either CHH or Pinocchio's opens in the next couple of months.

Will BOG ever revert back to QS options for lunch? That's where I was planning on going for one lunch and hadn't realized they made the change to table service. (I haven't really been paying attention to WDW news this year because I didn't think I was going....)
I did read the CHH menu is supposed to be moving to Tomorrowland Terrace (or at least some of it), so that may be worth exploring. I'm not a Pinocchio's fan unfortunately.

Personally, I would stay in the park. Maybe try Cosmic Ray's? The food is "meh", but I love Sonny Eclipse. Plus sit down in air conditioned restaurant and relax for an hour instead of walking out of the park, traveling to another resort, traveling back to the park, and walking back in. Congrats on your wedding!! My daughter was a "pandemic bride" - got married in November. We ended a pretty crappy year on the happiest note possible ::love:

If Columbia is not open by then, take the monorail to GF and have lunch at the GF cafe. You can also take the new walkway, it’s about 17 minutes each way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter