• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stronger....Leukemia patient's viral video (lead in does recommend a tissue)

Dan Murphy

We are family.
I used one.

Give it a look, it truly is inspiring.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger............

'Stronger': Patient's cancer fight goes viral
A 22-year-old leukemia patient with a talent for video has turned the fight against cancer into an online anthem celebrating strength — and recovery. Get your tissues ready.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ihGCj5mfCk8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4w1beZg8mM

http://todayhealth.today.msnbc.msn....ient-turns-cancer-fight-into-viral-video?lite

A 22-year-old leukemia patient with a talent for video has turned the fight against cancer into an online anthem celebrating strength -- and recovery.
Chris Rumble of Kent, Wash., spent Saturday filming fellow patients, doctors and nurses on the hematology/oncology unit at Seattle Children’s Hospital.
Dancing, singing and holding signs that read “Hope” and “Fighter,” they put together a moving makeshift video set to the tune “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson.
“It was kind of like a party,” said Rumble, who filmed the video during the day, stayed up late Saturday night and posted it on YouTube early Sunday.“It wasn’t a typical day at all.”
He was hoping to make a video to repay his teammates on the Wenatchee Wild hockey team, who had sent him a video when they learned of his illness. He appears in the video bald, singing and wearing an orange T-shirt.
Rumble spent 35 days on the pediatric and adolescent cancer ward because he was 21 when he was admitted, just on the line between adolescent and adult care. During his treatment, he says he became kind of big brother and role model to children coping with cancer.
“For me, personally, I try not to let anyone see my pain,” he said. “A lot of the kids are much younger and don’t understand what they’re going through.”

Young filmmaker hopes to inspire other patients with his video set to Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger". KING's Gary Chittim reports.
Simply making the video lifted the spirits of many of the children on the floor, said Brittany Skinner, 26, a pediatric hematology oncology nurse who is shown dancing and singing.
"It gave them something to shine through, I guess," she said. "Like the song said, 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.'"

Rumble’s video surprised the public relations staff at the hospital, who woke up Sunday morning to a viral sensation. By early today, the video already had more than 64,000 hits.
“It’s pretty amazing,” said Alyse Bernal, spokeswoman for Seattle Children’s. “It’s just taken off.”
Singer Kelly Clarkson got word of the Seattle Children's video and tweeted her approval: "Oh my goodness y'all have to see this! It's beautiful! I can't wait to visit these kids and nurses!" read a post on her account @Kelly_Clarkson. It wasn't immediately clear whether Clarkson actually plans to visit the hospital.
As for Rumble, he was back at the hospital this morning for an appointment. On Friday, he'll learn whether his cancer is in remission.

Wow. Thank you so much for sharing this. Yes, it made me cry. It inspired me, too.

Thanks for sharing. I just lost my best friend to this awful disease. I will pray for all those kids in the video!!

Thank-you, Dan for sharing this. It's good to be reminded of the courage these kids show every day.

So amazing!:goodvibes

As a two time adult cancer survivor I can't begin to understand how the childrean and thier families feel. This is a wonderful video and yes I needed several tissues!!

Thanks for sharing.

Wow...I'm still crying.
Cancer is s horrible disease for anyone to have to face, but I've ALWAYS been in awe of children who have to deal with cancer (and their families). It takes such an AMAZING amount of courage and strength. And these kids are still able to smile and be brave. So amazing! Thank you!

A friend posted this on facebook a couple nights ago, and I started crying when I saw it. I'm a peds nurse who works with many many ped oncology patients, and I am reminded of so many of our patients when I watch this video! What those kids go through and overcome is such an inspiration. :lovestruc

As a childhood cancer survivor and a nursing student, love love love this video! Thanks for sharing!

As a survivor of cancer and a future pediatric oncology surgeon, this video makes me happier than words can express :goodvibes

Not going to watch right now, my wonderful dh was diagnosised with acute myeloid luekema and is fighting that fight right now.
The dis is pretty much my only outlet so I'm going to keep this one place I can go to happy.

Not going to watch right now, my wonderful dh was diagnosised with acute myeloid luekema and is fighting that fight right now.
The dis is pretty much my only outlet so I'm going to keep this one place I can go to happy.

I am the parent of a brain tumor child who has spent many years doing chemo and still is and it made me smile...it is a very uplifting video...of course it is sad to see a bunch of kids who are really sick...but the strength in them all is amazing!

WOW good stuff!!! :goodvibes

I saw a Leukemia survivor perform on stage last night, Nergal from the band Behemoth.

Nergal was diagnosed with Leukimia in 2010 and was in the stage where Chemotherapy treatment would not help and only a Bone Marrow transplant would cure him. He received the transplant and was released from the Hospital in 2011. Flash forward to 2012 and Behemoth are on a World Tour.

I cannot fathom what it is like to face that struggle but seeing someone fight that battle and come out victorious is inspiring and instills great confidence in Medical Science.

Too funny, Dan. I was actually about to share this video myself. I've rewatched it countless times as pediatric cancer awareness is a cause near and dear to my heart. I volunteered with peds cancer patients throughout high school and my first two years of college and will always be active in raising awareness and support for these brave warriors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter