Strollers or not? 2 kids this time

bobojenny

Earning My Ears
Need some suggestions.

Traveling with my 6 year old and my 3 year old. I was hoping to get by with the rental strollers. Is it much better and worth it to bring my own little umbrella strollers? I am only doing 4 days of Park Hoppers. I also heard if you rent in one park and go to the other, the rental is free.

Any tips are appreciated....

The WDW rentals are great, but they do get costly. If you start the day at MK then move to EPCOT you just have to hold on to your receipt, then you will not have to pay for a stroller rental again for that day. IF you will have another adult with you to push the 2 umbrellas, I recommend taking them. Unless of course you have money to blow! LOL ANother thing to consdier is that if you rely on Disney strollers, you can't rent them until you get to the front gate. So you have to schlep (sp?) all your junk from the parking lot, or the bus station with the kids in tow! That is very much a pain in the butt!

One positive about renting strollers there. If you use Disney buses it can be a pain to unload and fold up your stroller(s) when you get on and off the buses. You can't leave them open on the buses. If you drive to the parks, you still have to fold up the strollers for the tram ride to the gate. We also usually drive down and the mini van is so packed it would be hard to fit a stroller in the thing!!! With infants you really need a good comfy stroller, but since we got past that we always rent. Our kids always think the strollers are cute, especially the dolphin ones at Sea World!! Have Fun...Lacee

I would consider an umbrella one for the 3 year old- you will probably want it from the car to the park, and around and about the hotel etc, but the 6 year old should be fine with a rental.

bev

Bring a regular stroller for the 3 year old. Its a tad cumbersom on busses, but the basket, recling seat and roof cover are still a neccessity for a three year old. My neighbor was skeptical about taking one for her 4 year old, but did. she came home and said thank goodness we took it!

The 6 year old may not need one at all. when we took our son at 6 he only needed a stroller one afternoon, so we rented one then.

We've always taken our own umbrella strollers (2). We bought little attachable umbrellas for them (can get at Babies R Us) to protect the kids from the sun. They were small enough that we didn't have any trouble folding them up to get on/off the busses. If you are staying at a monorail resort, you don't have to fold the strollers up - just wheel them right onto the monorail. The strollers were life savers at the airport (you can check them right at the gate & they'll be waiting for you when you disembark) & on the resort grounds. I'd recommend bringing at least one of your own so you'll have it at the resort. Happy planning!

We always rent strollers from A Baby's Best Friend in Orlando. The price is better than the park strollers, we have it with us 24/7, lots of room, they are so nice, and we don't have to worry that when we park hop, they will be out of strollers.
They deliver to our resort before we arrive, adn picked it up after we left. It was great. Their website is www.abbf.com.

Have a great trip!

and renting the double stoller was the best thing we did! the 3yr old often fell asleep & once...which waiting for mom & dad to do fastpass at mgm (rock n rollercoaster) both fell asleep for over 40 minutes!

it's a great place to keep your bags, snacks, etc. and although we spent more in 4 days than it would have cost to buy a new double, it was worth it!
akrake

We went last year (April). DD was 5 and DS was 2. We rented the strollers a the parks, mainly because we don't use strollers at home. As someone said, the cost can add up, but it is definitely worth it.

First, Disney strollers seem to roll so nicely -big wheels, etc.

Second, convenient to not have to tote that thing on and off buses and trams

Third, "Hakuna Matata" -you can leave it wherever you wish and never have to be anxious about wheher it will be there when you get out of an attraction. If its gone, just go get another one for free.

Fourth, It is worth the money to get two single strollers instead of one double stroller. Doing so gave us more flexibility about splitting up. Also, less picking and fussing between the kids. It only costs like a dollar more to rent two single strollers instead of a double.

Fifth, pushing an umbrella stroller all day can be a real pain in the back if you are tall. I get an ache every time I push one for any length of time. Handle bars on Disney strollers are a nice height.

This year kids are 6 & 3. we will use the same stroller strategy as last year. If 6yo feels she doesn't need it, we may try to let her do without. One other nice perk about strollers is that it increases endurance among the short-legged set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter